What Should I Do About This?

Moonlit Dreamer

Your_Lion: Hi Your_Lion, thank you. :) It really means a lot that so many people care. I've been able to keep certain foods down like soups, but they still upset my stomach. I've noticed that beverages like hot teas and ginger ale (Cold, of course. :D) are helpful as well.

Narps: Thank you, Narps. :) I hope that you are feeling better, too! My avatar is an image of Cher. :)

ILSnwdog: Thank you so much, ILSnwdog. I will definitely message them!

satchmothesnowdog: Sorry everyone; I didn't know anyone else had posted in this thread until this morning. I did just attempt to eat something but as usual I am not feeling well. I feel sick almost instantly after eating. :(

• Like 1

Hi darlin'. first off, positive thoughts and healing energy to you on your road to healing - because by coming on the board and posting about your discord is the first step in your healing process.

Second, i am not a doctor. I have done a shit ton of research and study over the past few years and feel well equipped to share my knowledge with you on this.

To absolutely confirm this, i'd be interested in knowing your eating habits and lifestyle. this kind of information is key in helping diagnose what the issue is.

my first feeling was your suffering from an unhealthy gut -/ microbiome. heart burn or acid reflux is caused actually by a lack in stomach acid - not over production as some may have come to believe. the fact you have pain and vomiting after eating is a strong confirmation for me. My (ex) step-daughter is actually in the hospital right now suffering with what feels like to me a very similar situation.

Now, what they are doing for her, is a fecal transplant. they are injecting her body with healthy fecal matter so it will then recognize healthy bacteria to heal her colon and stomach. she's had this procedure done before, about a year ago and it worked for sometime. i don't know how the occurrence happened, but i suspect that she chose not to make any lifestyle changes to keep her body healthy. She does also suffer from auto-immune - which i feel is a huge contributing factor in her unhealthy gut/microbiome.

now that above procedure is drastic and extreme - but it's gaining in popularity and is being used more and more these days.

I agree with what other have suggested in that it would be wise to cut gluten out for some time. I'd also eliminate, dairy, processed sugar and foods and meat. basically, in order to get your body healthy again, you have to detox your gut, liver, kidneys and intestinal system. A plant based organic diet. Juicing. Homemade or organic bone broth (NOT in a can!)is OK - any animal products used try to keep it organic! raise your alkalinity in your body by drinking water w/ a half lemon squeezed into it, or a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar you can also add thin sliced fresh ginger root as well ! Eat fermented foods such as (non dairy) yogurt, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut - kefir (if you can find a non dairy kind). Probiotics. Doing these things will help your body to heal itself - AND are way more cost effective than expensive doctor & hospital visits. with any kind of elimination diet, or lifestyle change, monitor/journal what you're doing, and ;record the reactions your body is having. go gradual. it didn't take a week for this to happen to your body, it's will take a while for it to heal itself.

There's a plethora of fresh herbs &/or teas you can add to aid in your healing.

i hope this helps. please feel free to PM if you feel so guided to do so.

Much healing to you !! <3

**edited to add - - - no antibiotics - - -!!!! that will only makes the problem worse. More than likely the swollen throat (could be) because your lymph nodes are inflamed trying to fight off what's going on in your body. another possibility is the thyroid is out of whack. you body needs to learn (again) how to build up it's own immunity. antibiotics destroy that.

stay off any and all soda. stop using anti-bacterial soaps. You need to go as chemical free as you possibly can now. your health depends on it.

inflamation is the bodies response to an infection and it's working to try and heal itself.

Edited by ladirushfan80
  • Like 3

troutman: Hi, thank you! :hug2:

ladirushfan80: Thank you so much for taking the time to write that! You gave some very excellent advice!

I wish your ex step-daughter a healthy recovery. :hug2:

To be honest, I have been neglecting my health; I consume a lot of processed and unhealthy foods that probably shouldn't even be considered edible, and I am not as active as I used to be. I go for walks or go bicycling in the evening, but my activity level is relatively low for the remaining hours of the day as I'm not working currently. For a while I was on a very, very strict vegan diet and drank only tea and water - fruits, vegetables, water, and tea; nothing else. While I was on that diet I both felt and looked incredibly healthy. Perhaps that's what I need to do again.

I've wondered that as well, that maybe I'm not producing enough stomach acid to digest food. I was told by my GI doctor to take acid reducers everyday, because I have chronic gastritis and I had my gallbladder removed two years ago. :huh:

The water with lemon, apple cider vinegar or ginger sounds awesome! I am going to try that. I used to boil sliced ginger root in a tea kettle and make a ginger tea, and add about a tablespoon of honey. That was really good, too.

Edited by Lady Guinevere
  • Like 4

For a while I was on a very, very strict vegan diet and drank only tea and water - fruits, vegetables, water, and tea; nothing else. While I was on that diet I both felt and looked incredibly healthy. Perhaps that's what I need to do again.

I think you answered your own question with this ... It's definitely time to try this again

And I second the suggestion of probiotics - simple small capsules that contain healthy bacteria - the best type is the refrigerated kind ... Some can get crazy expensive, but I have taken Mega Flora by a company called Mega Food, and these are my favorite ... Also, one called Klaire "Complete" from the company Klaire - both these are great quality and reasonably priced ....

LG, we are all here rooting for you !!! ....

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

troutman: Hi, thank you! :hug2:

ladirushfan80: Thank you so much for taking the time to write that! You gave some very excellent advice!

I wish your ex step-daughter a healthy recovery. :hug2:

To be honest, I have been neglecting my health; I consume a lot of processed and unhealthy foods that probably shouldn't even be considered edible, and I am not as active as I used to be. I go for walks or go bicycling in the evening, but my activity level is relatively low for the remaining hours of the day as I'm not working currently. For a while I was on a very, very strict vegan diet and drank only tea and water - fruits, vegetables, water, and tea; nothing else. While I was on that diet I both felt and looked incredibly healthy. Perhaps that's what I need to do again.

I've wondered that as well, that maybe I'm not producing enough stomach acid to digest food. I was told by my GI doctor to take acid reducers everyday, because I have chronic gastritis and I had my gallbladder removed two years ago. :huh:

The water with lemon, apple cider vinegar or ginger sounds awesome! I am going to try that. I used to boil sliced ginger root in a tea kettle and make a ginger tea, and add about a tablespoon of honey. That was really good, too.

because I live in a vegan - gluten free household (mostly) i forget about honey! it's a natural antibiotic!!! Make sure to get the most benefit out of the honey that it's local - honey that is from your general area/region.

i feel that as your body begins to heal, your activity level will increase. but you're moving so that's good! being sedentary will only contribute to and prolong the healing process.

and don't be afraid of the sun! getting the chance to absorb at least 20 minutes a day of some Vitamin D will do your body wonders! no commercial sunscreens. if you use coconut oil on your body, it has a natural SPF of 4 :)

detox baths! epsom salt, or Bentonite Clay or both together have an amazing detox effect on the bod. at least once a week. more if you feel so guided...

Milk Thistle aids in detoxing the liver as well.

Like I said, i've been researching this for quite a few years. I'm chock full of info. I'm glad you found it helpful. Take what resonates with you and listen to your body.

continued healing vibes...

• Like 1

Lucas: Hi, thanks for the advice! I have never tried a probiotic supplement.

ladirushfan80: I agree with the connection between health and activity level; the worse you feel health-wise, the less you are able to accomplish both physically and emotionally. I wonder if perhaps my poor diet is contributing to my severe depression as well; I remember when I was on a vegan diet I really did not experience depression quite as often as I do now. It would make sense, as everything is tied together. :huh:

I love epsom salt baths! I used to take those all of the time. Unfortunately we have no bathtub here. :( :rage:

I do live near the ocean, however - it's about a 5-10 minute drive. It seems that the ocean has healing and purification qualities as well, especially combined with a nice dose of vitamin D from the sun, as you mentioned.

• Like 1

Lucas: Hi, thanks for the advice! I have never tried a probiotic supplement.

ladirushfan80: I agree with the connection between health and activity level; the worse you feel health-wise, the less you are able to accomplish both physically and emotionally. I wonder if perhaps my poor diet is contributing to my severe depression as well; I remember when I was on a vegan diet I really did not experience depression quite as often as I do now. It would make sense, as everything is tied together. :huh:

I love epsom salt baths! I used to take those all of the time. Unfortunately we have no bathtub here. :( :rage:

I do live near the ocean, however - it's about a 5-10 minute drive. It seems that the ocean has healing and purification qualities as well, especially combined with a nice dose of vitamin D from the sun, as you mentioned.

holy shit woman!! Get your ass to the ocean !!!! ain't nothing better. i WISH i lived that close, but alas, i live in the Mitten so i'm surround by lake water. still great healing effect, but ocean water is by far the best. Seeing how you have no bathtub, a foot soak can work too, or a good salt scrub - mix epsom salt with organic coconut, olive, avocado or jojoba oil and scrub away in the shower!

definitely what you choose to put in your body effects your emotional being as well. firm believer in that. alcohol, processed junk food, sugar all create a chemical imbalance in the body, and therefore effect your mental health as well.

Speaking of mental health, I'm also a firm believer that emotional discords manifest as physical ailments in the body as well. i have a whole book on it. it's called" Your Body Speaks Your Mind - Decoding the Emotional Psychological & Spiritual Messages That Underlie Illness - by Deb Shapiro.

So lets look at the throat, stomach/digestion issues for a minute, shall we? with the throat, it's a two way bridge connecting the head and body, the mind and heart. it's two major roles, to take in air, food, liquid and reality and the express outwardly your thoughts and feelings. swallowing is a form of commitment. while food is in the mouth, you have a conscious control - you can choose to spit it out, but swallowing is where you surrender control. so here are issues to do with willpower and assertiveness. in the same way as with food, you swallow your reality - thoughts, feelings, events and experiences. this may also include swallowing your feelings, doubts, fears or anger.

swallowing is about allowing change to happen. If there's a feeling that it's closed off some, perhaps also it could be throat chakra - where are you not speaking your truth?

stomach - digestion is the ability to absorb what you need, and eliminate what you do not need both physically and emotionally. a healthy digestion means being able to receive nourishment from food and from others and let yourself be nurtured. this is where your reaction to what you have taken in is either favourable, and therefor you continue the digestive process, or unfavourable and you reject or vomit it back out. Is something making you feel emotionally repulsed? Is it a part of yourself you are rejecting? What does that part need to be accepted?

stomach/intestinal difficulties are related to stress and tension from your daily life, or to deeper layers of fear, guilt, or grief that are holding you back from releasing and letting go. Such holding creates tension and mistrust or a fear of spontaneity. the belly is the feeling center where you have intuitive "gut feelings". feelings can get locked in there unable to find expression or release. That area of the body is the 3rd chakra, the solar plexus which tells me it's out of balance right now.

meditation, yoga are both wonderful in helping you deal with the emotional and physical healing. forgiveness, letting go of that which does not serve your highest good will aid in the healing process.

• Like 1

Sorry you're not feeling too good. I'm not a medical expert, neither do I understand the system in the USA, however a while back my sister was suffering from a lot of your symptoms - turned out to be a combination of stress, anxiety and an underactive thyroid. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress out and keep away from Dr Google; when you're feeling ill and worried it's easy to convince yourself of the worst possible scenario.

I also think that cutting out gluten and possibly dairy might be worth a try. As for the swollen tonsil - loads of minor conditions could cause this. cancer is very unlikely. Hope you manage to get the help you need.

• Like 1

LG, have you ever considered seeing a holistic MD or ND ? .....

You would most likely benefit a lot from some digestive enzymes - something like lipase .. And I know that you mentioned vegan, however, there is a product from a company called Allergy Research made from Oz bile, which would probably help considering you have had your gallbladder removed ..

Here is a good article:

http://bodyecology.com/articles/is_your_gall_bladder_removed.php

Use digestive enzymes religiously. Ox Bile (like in a product called Bile Acid Factors from Jarrow Formulas) must now become an essential must for you at every meal where you eat fats. Bile is important to stimulate peristaltic movement so that food continues to move along your digestive tract and is eliminated in a timely manner. (12 – 18 hours). The enzymes lipase and pancreatin can digest fats too. Look for enzyme formulas that are high in lipase. Pancreatin is available in all health food stores.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your help everyone. :hug2:

I was okay for a little while, but am suffering from vomiting each time I eat again. I had a cold glass of water and a couple of bites of food, and got sick.

I think I know what I might have, though. There is something called 'Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome', which is when a person experiences intense vomiting episodes for no specific cause. I have all of the symptoms of it - it can cause abdominal pain, fever, headaches, lethargy, lack of appetite, and of course the nausea and vomiting. I've done some research on it and can't find any information on what causes it, or what cures it.

Definitely agree with the people saying go to the ER, worry about payments later.

I am not a financial expert, or a lawyer but-

The debts vanish after 7 years, and you can make a lower payment if you can't make the payments. Talk to a real doctor, and don't pass time with alternative medicine or supplements of any kind.

Sending positive thoughts your way. You'll get through this. :hug2:

Edited by Hemisteers
  • Like 1

just because "modern medicine" has been unable to label something doesn't mean there is no underlying cause... there is cause and effect to EVERYTHING... every action has a reaction. perhaps seeking a shaman, someone who practices Chinese medicine or Ayurvedic medicine may be able to offer a clearer underlying cause to your dis-ease.

modern medicine is more about fixing or masking than healing. now, i'm not against seeking advice and treatment from a hospital or MD and if you feel so guided to do so, then by all means follow that guidance! What i am offering is don't stop there! seek all the information and sources that are available to you. follow what feel right, what resonates. i do not feel that by seeking alternative means of healing, and seeking all avenues of healing is a waste of time. that is knowledge! gaining knowledge is NEVER a waste of time...