Merchandice prices?

sabresman31

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but I was wonder what the prices are on r40 merchandice. I am definitely going to buy a shirt, am I looking at around $30 for it?

They're more this time.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/

Is there more available at the show or is this everything? (Talking about shirts in particular)

I think it's about the same online as at the show. They were marking the T-shirts down tonight so I ended up buying one.

Blecchh. Bootleg lot shirts always suck. The logos wash away after one rinses, the quality is always poor...too heavy fabric or too weak.

Just not worth it.

I would disagree, shirts are always a crapshoot. I have good and bad bootleg shirts and good and bad official shirts. I just wish groups would make more non-black shirts. Bought the official red CA tour shirt just because it wasn't black.

• Like 1

I just got my football jersey on Friday and I was a little disappointed. I much rather would have like a baseball jersey instead.the football jersey was not as high a quality as items in the past they are using a different company this year. they do have a bigger variety but I don't feel the quality is as good in justifying the higher prices.

Can you post a pic of your jersey?

Blecchh. Bootleg lot shirts always suck. The logos wash away after one rinses, the quality is always poor...too heavy fabric or too weak.

Just not worth it.

I would disagree, shirts are always a crapshoot. I have good and bad bootleg shirts and good and bad official shirts. I just wish groups would make more non-black shirts. Bought the official red CA tour shirt just because it wasn't black.

I have never been able to track down a quality bootleg shirt outside a venue. Every one I ever bought for $5-$10 after the show was awful, fell apart or logo washed out in 2-3 washes.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but I was wonder what the prices are on r40 merchandice. I am definitely going to buy a shirt, am I looking at around $30 for it?

They're more this time.

Is there more available at the show or is this everything? (Talking about shirts in particular)

I think it's about the same online as at the show. They were marking the T-shirts down tonight so I ended up buying one.

Oh, really. They must not have been selling that well to do that. How much did they discount them?

I didn't even check out the merch at the show. T-shirts have gotten way too expensive, not just for Rush but for most bands now. I don't bother getting shirts or other merch anymore. It's not worth the price for a shirt I probably wouldn't wear that often. This is the first Rush show i've been to where I didn't at least pass by the merch and have a look at what was there. When people are paying $70-$100 for a ticket, I think asking $40 for a shirt is a bit much.

Just not worth it.

I have never been able to track down a quality bootleg shirt outside a venue. Every one I ever bought for $5-$10 after the show was awful, fell apart or logo washed out in 2-3 washes.

That's what happened back when I saw Ozzy in 1992. I was a naive 14 year old kid who was only at his second rock show ever and I bought a shirt from a guy on the street after the show. "Only $10 bucks? Wow! What a deal! They were selling them for $20 in the venue" I thought to myself. I think I only wore it once or twice before my mom washed it and the colors started to run on it and the shirt was ruined. To my dad's credit, he did try to warn about getting the shirt but I did not listen.

I haven't bought a bootleg shirt since then. But every time I see someone doing it, including after the show last night, I always think to myself "What the hell are you doing?" I guess a lot of people just don't know or don't care that they are more than likely being ripped off.

Edited by J2112YYZ

They're more this time.

Oh, really. They must not have been selling that well to do that. How much did they discount them?

I didn't even check out the merch at the show. T-shirts have gotten way too expensive, not just for Rush but for most bands now. I don't bother getting shirts or other merch anymore. It's not worth the price for a shirt I probably wouldn't wear that often. This is the first Rush show i've been to where I didn't at least pass by the merch and have a look at what was there. When people are paying $70-$100 for a ticket, I think asking $40 for a shirt is a bit much.

I got a $40 shirt for $35. $70-$100 for a ticket? Try $400. :blink:

Edited by EagleMoon

Just not worth it.

That's what happened back when I saw Ozzy in 1992. I was a naive 14 year old kid who was only at his second rock show ever and I bought a shirt from a guy on the street after the show. "Only $10 bucks? Wow! What a deal! They were selling them for $20 in the venue" I thought to myself. I think I only wore it once or twice before my mom washed it and the colors started to run on it and the shirt was ruined. To my dad's credit, he did try to warn about getting the shirt but I did not listen.

I haven't bought a bootleg shirt since then. But every time I see someone doing it, including after the show last night, I always think to myself "What the hell are you doing?" I guess a lot of people just don't know or don't care that they are more than likely being ripped off.

Exactly.

It's pretty obvious to check the fabric material of a bootlegger shirt and know whether it's worth it or not.

The official merch is always pricier, yes, and even their stuff is sometimes low quality. Concert shirts are generally low quality across the board.

However...I will say that Rush's merch tends to be offered at a higher quality overall than other bands' stuff.

They're more this time.

I wouldn't mind getting a $50 shirt for $35 but I'm not holding my breath. :P

• Like 2

They're more this time.

After the tour is over they'll probably go on sale.

• Like 1

They're more this time.

I think so too. I am tempted to wait, right now anyway. When I am at the show tomorrow I am sure I will be tempted to buy.

They're more this time.

I think so too. I am tempted to wait, right now anyway. When I am at the show tomorrow I am sure I will be tempted to buy.

Only reason I did was because I was waiting for the crowd to clear out a little and was standing by the t-shirt stand. I wouldn't have known they were on sale otherwise.

They're more this time.

Well, I was thinking what the average cost was for normal tickets.

Edited by J2112YYZ

There is NO way I am going to the concert and NOT getting a shirt. I will go without food and wine for a few days. I have a shirt from every concert I ever attended and this one will be no different.

Besides, if you don't go to the concert you can't wear the shirt. That was the rule back in the day anyways..

Edited by AnOunceOfPerception
  • Like 4

There is NO way I am going to the concert and NOT getting a shirt. I will go without food and wine for a few days. I have a shirt from every concert I ever attended and this one will be no different.

Besides, if you don't go to the concert you can't wear the shirt. That was the rule back in the day anyways..

so well said. that is how I feel exactlyit actually kind of bugs me when I go to a Rush concert and somebody is wearing a pink Floyd shirt there is just something about that that bugs me

My routine for a Rush show is ONE T-shirt, and ONE tour book!

Unless I see something at other shows that really strike me, I do without! (or wait until I see what they charge for it online)

I have a Rush shirt and tour book from every tour I've attended.

I didn't get a Primus shirt...I didn't get a Steven Wilson shirt...

Even though I don't get concert shirts anymore, I have always believed in that rule and always will. It always bothers me when I see a younger person wearing a vintage tour shirt like "Led Zeppelin World Tour 1973" as if they were there when they weren't even born yet.

• Like 1

They're more this time.

I didn't think the selection of goodies was nearly as good as in the past