Concert Reviews

Disco

Kansas put on an awesome show tonight. I honestly think they sound a million times better with a new singer and a new second keyboardist. Steve was good, but in the end he knew his voice had really changed from what it used to sound like in the 70s. The band just seems way looser with those new guys and the second keyboard really just enhances their sound a HUGE amount.
  • Like 2

Saw The Who with Joan Jett opening at Madison Square Garden on Thursday, March 3rd.

For those who might have wondered if The Who could sell out MSG the sign outside said it all. "Tonight, The Who live in concert. Sold Out".

Its the 2nd time of I have both groups and the only other time was last spring in Brooklyn.

Joan Jett was good. Played her big hits and can still sing. The guitarist she had with her was darn good.

For The Who all I can say is WOW!!!. Even after Rogers recent illness they can still play. What they must have been like in their prime... I have DVD's & CD's of them back i the day but I am certain that live they were even better. They can still rock big time.

As for a set list, it was basically the same as the Brooklyn show and the same as the Hyde Park CD / DVD they released recently. With 1 or 2 changes the most notable of which was their playing an instrumental from Quadrophena titled "The Rock" - if I heard correctly. Whatever it was, it was excellent. Zach S. is one very good drummer.

The crowd was really into the show and a very interesting group. As you might imagine, a lot of gray hair. I am 49 and got talking with the couple next to me and they were 55 & 63. However, a lot of younger folks were there. The guy in front of me was their with his teanage son and 3 of his sons friends. The guy, who was in his 40's was not supper crazy to be their but the son and his friends were 100% into the show. They had pushed the dad into taking them to the show. Also, a couple was off to one side with 3 teanage girls. The parents were ho-hum about the show but the girls where on their feet for the entire show. Dancing in place. Another couple, who I think were Indian, but might have been middle eastern, were also sitting in front of me. They were in their early 20's and they were totally into the show - esp. the girl. She was on her feet, dancing in place through almost the entire show, air guitaring & air drumming. I guess thats great music in NYC for you!!!

If you get the chance see The Who. They are still great in concert.

When I saw them at MSG back in the Dark Ages, my greatest disappointment was how poorly the songs they did from Quadrophenia translated into concert material.

I would be in Seventh Heaven if i could hear The Rock. They didn't do that song back then. They couldn't have really. But, today, with all the triggers and everything else, they can do anything.

Iron Maiden, 1st May 2016, Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand.

Incredible show. Nothing like a band touring on the back of great album, and one that they obviously enjoy playing. The Book of Souls material was just superb. (Eternity, Speed, Red and Black, Book of Souls were extremely well done and received by the 12,000 in attendance),

Bruce Dixkinson is a great front man, vocally great and just all over the stage. Loved one of his lines... "We'll be playing some songs from what is evidently referred to as our Legacy, looking around the crowd, we have some legacy fans in attendance!".

The band were firing on all cylinders, I love Nico McBrain's drumming style and at 63 (I think he's the oldest, the rest are late 50's from memory), his sense of timing is still spot on.

Many many highlights, one that has stayed with me for days was seeing Guitarists Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Janik Gers and bassist Steve Harris locked in on the heavy riffing of 12 minute epic The Red and the Black, marvellous stuff.

The stage, lighting, sound mix were all top notch.

Iron Maiden appear to be at a similiar stage in their career to Rush back in 2012 and to have both recorded such strong albums so late in their careers is just mind blowing, and to have seen them tour in support of these albums has been a real pleasure, in both cases there appears to be a real pride and enthusiasm that comes across in playing new material that they were both clearly very proud of.

If you get a chanc to see IM I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.j

The last time I saw them was in 1994 in support of the Fear of the Dark album and 22 years later I enjoyed this latest concert just as much, if not more (I really like the latest Album).

Set list below. (* indicates tracks from their latest Book of Souls album).

If Eternity Should Fail*

Speed of Light*

Children of the Damned

Tears of a Clown*

The Red and the Black*

The Trooper

Powerslave

Death or Glory*

The Book of Souls*

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Fear of the Dark

Iron Maiden

Encore:

The Number of the Beast

Blood Brothers

Wasted Years

Edited by Duke1
  • Like 1

Robin Trower - Kalamazoo State Theater - 5/6/16

Awesome show with headline act Slight Return from Detroit. They were a SRV, Hendrix, Santana cover band with about half original stuff. Pretty tight and solid although the young guitarist was trying too hard at times. I got front row balcony, which was a great seat.

Robin came on and was awesome. Here's a 71 year old skinny, frail looking older gentlemen playing as tight and fluid as he did 40 years ago. His drummer and bassist looked like they could be his grandkids, but they were solid as well. My God Robin was so skinny...have a cheeseburger once in a while.

Most of his set was newer stuff and he released an album about a month ago. I assume most of the newer material was from that album. On his older tracks he did extended solos which were amazing for a guy his age. The extended solo in Bridge of Sighs was about 12 minutes long. If a legend wants to ramble...get out of the way and let him ramble.

He did the entire show with one strat...his white/maple Robin Trower model. This was the second to last show on his current tour, so I hope he can continue. He puts as much heart and soul into his playing as he did back in the day.

• Like 3

Pearl Jam

MSG

May 1, 2016

I know how huge PJ is with TRFers but I will give this a Go anyway ;) ;)

First thing about the PJ concert experience is how difficult it is to get tickets. Becoming more and more difficult and expensive every tour. Sure, join the club and perhaps a 10% chance of nose bleeds as their lottery is based on seniority, and with my 34 year concert attending focus on that power synth rock trio, I have yet to join the perhaps largest and most loyal rock band following.

As one fan who couldn't get in the building put it, he tried secondary market but thought his Stubhub app was broken, because all the front of stage 100 level seats started with a $1 and consisted of four digits.

Settled on ninth row behind stage for little less than 3x face, was nervous having bad upper level behind stage seats before, but fans assured close behind stage seats are well worth it. They were certainly right.

PJ started with Go, a very loud energetic song on the mp3, but holy smokes, live, it was like standing in a tornado. Only similar crowd experience for me was Rage Against the Machine at Roseland. PJ was getting reaction like this at the expansive Garden.

And that was before the crowd got the Garden shaking about four inches, like being on a boat. Happened during five songs.

The opening shot of Go, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Given to Fly, the crowd energy was insane. Personal faves that got the arena juiced - In Hiding, Rearview, Why Go, Black,not to mention McCreadys solo running thru the Garden on Alive was sick

12 songs from their first two, probably fan favorite albums. Hard to compare to the Rush experience (waited 30 years for Rush to play a long set of early songs) cuz my preference for their 70s material is just a touch divisive on TRF. A treat for them to devote so much time to their early material

Although MSG nite 2 got special guests Sting and Cheap Trick to each do a guest song, I was thrilled with the covers we got, the Chloe/Crown MLB covers and Neil Young's Rockin in the Free World were excellent.

In all, 3 hour show, straight thru with no break, 35 songs, well worth the investment!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

Saw Boston this past saturday. Very small venue, maybe 1500 capacity. The band sounded amazing. The mix was pretty close to perfect. A great set list as well. Very good show actually
  • Like 3

The Cure - Hollywood Bowl Monday 5/23

3 Hour set - Robert Smith sounds as good as he did 30 years ago - :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/cure_zps1hovkgpa.jpg

Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Black Sabbath - February 19th, 2016 at The Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

This was my first ever Black Sabbath show, so my expectations were pretty high. I've been a Sabbath fan since I was 7, so this meant a lot to go see three of my favorite musicians. Set was relatively strong with obvious fan favorites and even a nice surprise thrown in with "Hand of Doom". A shitload of pot smokers made "Snowblind" and "Hand of Doom" in particular feel incredibly intense. I lost my voice by the end of the night between being loud as possible and shouting lyrics with the rest of the audience. The only complaint I have is that Bill Ward isn't part of this tour, so I have some trouble calling it "genuine" Black Sabbath. Tommy Clufuetos gets the job done, no doubt, but Ward has a special touch when it comes to playing something like "Hand of Doom". Overall, I'd rank the entire concert 8 out of 10.

Set:

Black Sabbath

Fairies Wear Boots

After Forever

Into The Void

Snowblind

War Pigs

Behind The Wall Of Sleep

N.I.B.

Hand of Doom

Rat Salad (w/drum solo)

Iron Man

Dirty Women

Children of the Grave

Paranoid

Grateful Dead - July 3rd through July 5th, 2015 at Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

What a long strange trip this was. I made this trek over the course of July 2nd to July 6th with three good friends of mine to see the Fare Thee Well shows in Chicago. I'm too young to have seen the Dead back at their 70s peak, but having the opportunity to go and see them put to rest the Grateful Dead name nearly 20 years after Jerry Garcia passed away was once in a lifetime. Trey Anastasio taking over lead guitar duties was the best choice, and it was very clear to me that he enjoyed every note and second he played. What really astounded me about the entire series of concerts was just how these guys are still going after everything they've done so far. The energy behind songs like "The Wheel", "Scarlet Begonias", and "Tennessee Jed" had the entire stadium on its feet it seemed like. Being down on the field in the middle of a crowd of some 60,000 people singing the chorus of "Tennessee Jed" at the top of their lungs and then for it to be dead silent during the entirety of "Stella Blue" made me realize how special this band is to millions of people. Since the concerts themselves are well documented, I'll give my highlights of each night's songs:

July 3rd

Box of Rain

The Wheel

Scarlet Begonias

Bertha

Playing in the Band > Jam > Let It Grow

Help on the Way/Slipknot!

Ripple

Fire on the Mountain

July 4th

Tennessee Jed

Me and My Uncle

Standing on the Moon

Little Red Rooster

Deal

Friend of the Devil

Stella Blue

One More Saturday Night

Shakedown Street

July 5th

Truckin'

China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Estimated Prophet

Terrapin Station

Samson and Delilah

Throwing Stones

Cassidy

Days Between

Not Fade Away

Touch of Grey

Attics Of My Life

• Like 2

Saw the wilderness/panic at the disco/Weezer tonight. I am pretty familiar with the Weezer catalog with them being around for a while and they did a nice job although rivers was not very enthusiastic. What was surprising was panic. I knew about half their songs from th radio but about 90% of the audience knew every lyric to every song. Their fans are very hardcore their enthusiasm and involvement was reminiscent of a rush show with the exception of all the screaming females every time Brendan sang a high note.

Being so geographically close to Orlando and so close time wise to the events Sunday security was very tight. The line to get through the security checkpoint was long. Took us 20 minutes to get in and th first band was already on. Better to be safe though.

• Like 3

Dead and Company - June 16th, Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

What a show! Easily the most entertaining show I've been to since the Fare Thee Well last year. I was standing in the lawn, and let me tell you, no one stood in the same spot for the entire concert. I started at the far left end of the field and made my way around the entire field throughout the entire concert. It was the same way at Soldier Field last year, but this seemed a lot more intimate and "face-to-face" than before. Riverbend is such a great venue for these kind of concerts, and I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge and buy a ticket. As for the setlist, it was a VERY jam heavy set, which is what I was hoping for. What I was most impressed with, however, is John Mayer. The guy obviously fits into the Dead family. While Trey Anastasio was the best selection for Fare Thee Well on being most experienced playing in a jam oriented band, John Mayer is a MUCH more technical player than Trey. His touch was so soft and his playing was very true to form as a Jerry Garcia replacement. I think Jerry would have approved of both John and Trey, but John is so much closer in overall playing and tone than Trey was last year. I particularly enjoyed John's vocals on Sugaree and Brown Eyed Women, VERY down-and-dirty soulful renditions. Overall, I'd give the concert a perfect 10 out of 10.

Set 1

Hell In A Bucket

Brown Eyed Women

Me & My Uncle

Big River

Sugaree

Jack Straw

Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo

Set 2

Box of Rain

Viola Lee Blues>

Uncle John's Band>

China Cat Sunflower>

I Know You Rider>

Drums>

Space>

Viola Lee Blues (reprise)>

Stella Blue

Sugar Magnolia

U.S. Blues

Iron Maiden - Berlin, Waldbühne 31.05.16

A very strange concert, in a very strange venue. The old Nazi facility was sold out that night and 22,000 beery folks made a lot of noise. Great crowd and the band was just fantastic. I must admit that I was never a big fan of the Bruce-era (I know I'm a snob), but that night changed that fact (better late than never). The setlist was not what I expected from an Iron Maiden gig, but I learned to love some tunes from the new album. They work very well live, especially Speed Of Light. I really enjoyed the show and I'm glad that I have the chance to see them again in Luxembourg in a few weeks, in one of the smallest venues this tour (only 6,000 people).

Hats off and Up the Irons.

• Like 4

Just got back from the Peter Gabriel/Sting show in Toronto. Fantastic! Didn't quite know what to expect, but I was really blown away. Great setlist (including tons of Police tunes and even a little fragment of an old Genesis tune) and great energy. Not to mention an incredibly watchable backup singer. . .
  • Like 3

Be Prog festival - 1st/2nd July Barcelona

This was a lovely, small festival with a single stage set in the courtyard of the Poble Espanyol Museum.

Friday evening kicked off with local bands Exxasens and Obsidian Kingdom followed by Iamthemorning, Agent Fresco and The Pineapple Thief. I particularly enjoyed Iamthemorning – a Russian duo combining, folk, classical and rock to good effect and The Pineapple Thief who seem to be getting better, and better.

Saturday night’s line-up was stellar : Anneke Von Giersbergen, Between the Buried and Me, Magma, Opeth, Steven Wilson and Textures.

AVG and BTBAM put on solid performances but neither were really my cup of tea. Magma were stunning and strange in equal measure, Opeth were fabulous and played a varied set with lots of between song banter from Mikael. For me, the highlight of the weekend was Steven Wilson. This was the 4th time I’ve seen him on the HCE tour and easily the best – the sound balance was faultless and the band seemed effortlessly perfect and completely comfortable working with each other. (The small , outdoor venue and the warm, Spanish climate may have helped too.) My only slight disappointment was that Steven and Mikael didn’t take the opportunity to give us some Storm Corrosion; although SW did ask if Mikael was there mid-set, if was quickly apparent that Mikael wasn’t available and he swiftly moved on. The set comprised a cut-down version of the one he has been playing on the HCE tour – no surprises, but I have no complaints.

I didn’t stay for the wind down band Textures as it was 1.30am when SW finished, I was tired and wanted to end the weekend on a high.

• Like 3

Magma were stunning and strange in equal measure

Had you heard them before?

Not live, no. I had heard some of their albums so they didn't come as a complete surprise. I feel that they might have been better suited to a concert hall or theatre than an open air festival however.

Magma were stunning and strange in equal measure

Had you heard them before?

Not live, no. I had heard some of their albums so they didn't come as a complete surprise. I feel that they might have been better suited to a concert hall or theatre than an open air festival however.

You're probably right about that.

Somehow I posted this in the Calgary periscope topic, figured I would share it here,

Paul McCartney

Citizens Bank Stadium

Philadelphia

July 12, 2016

I traveled from NY to Philly to see Macca cuz its been so long (and I have so much concert budget dough available thanks to Neil!)

I agree concert prices are outrageous (I stuck with face value tickets, in outfield 12th row in the lower stadium. In NYC, those seats would never be on TM, and theyd be double the $ on stubhub).

Big venue shows are tough, but Sir Paul does a good job connecting with fans.

The stories he tells on stage, who else in rock can talk about sacred Beatles stories first hand? Ringo?

I loved the Beatles as a teen, not as much lately, and compared to bands I listen to now, most of his 60s material is very soft rock to me. Wings rocks it out a bit more. Live n let Die had an awesome light n fireworks show. Made me think of Howard U :(

The stories he told about the Georges, Harrison and Martin, and John, I will never forget. And maybe I was amazed how good his voice was.

He somehow pulled off the Harrison classic Something, who else alive can sing it like that, especially after a moving story about how great a ukelele player George was.

Sir Paul played four off side two of Abbey Road, one of the best all time album sides that stands the test of time

When he is done touring, who is left to share this seminal music? If you find someone, open the door and let him in.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2016/citizens-bank-park-philadelphia-pa-bffcd56.html

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

Paul McCartney

Hersheypark Stadium

July 19, 2016

Over the years, I’ve seen MANY amazing concerts and MANY amazing artists. I feel privileged to have seen some of my favorite music performed live over the years. The shows I never got to see will always be a major hole in my life, but you can only do what you can. I never got to see Queen, or Frank Zappa, or Led Zeppelin, although I was able to see Robert Plant once, and he was doing a few Led Zeppelin songs during his tour. Another band I never got to see was (and I’m sure a lot of other people as well, since they didn’t seem to really perform live like bands do these days) was The Beatles. When I heard that Paul McCartney was coming to Hershey (although I tried to get tickets when we was in State College, PA last year, and couldn’t even get a rafter seat) I was on that like crazy! So when I got the ticket, I was thrilled.

Hershey was excited as well since they had a HUGE poster of Paul on the side of the stadium, and put a big “PAUL” up on the hill in front of the old Milton Hershey School where it says “Welcome to Hershey” and purportedly renamed some of the rides in Hersheypark to Paul “themes” and the main drag in Hershey to Sir Paul Way (or something like that) I was happy to finally get to see a Beatle, and hear a bunch of songs that I grew up listening to, that I never thought I’d ever get to hear live by the person that sang them!

Being the usual impatient person, I had to check and see what the setlist was, and WOW a lot of stuff! He did 38 songs, and a nice mix of Beatles, Wings, and his solo stuff (and even an old pre-Beatles Quarrymen tune) The highlights for me were a few tunes that I just loved over the years; Fool on the Hill, Let It Be, and Yesterday, just songs that always meant a lot to me. He started with Hard Day’s Night, and Can’t Buy me Love. Did Love Me Do, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, etc….. He also did an amazing version of Live and Let Die that just blew more fireworks and pyro than anything I’ve ever seen at a concert! That will be a favorite moment of mine for a LONG time, and will have a tough time being topped at any show!

One thing that just totally impressed me, seeing aging artists over the years, you can see that they are slowing up, and need a lot of support onstage, extra singers to carry their parts, extra musicians to play their parts, etc. Paul did his share and then some! He played every song, when he played bass, he was the bass player, when he played acoustic, it was him, piano, etc. He did a spot where it was just him and a guitar on the stage, and it was all him. AND no intermission! He did the banter in between songs, talked to the audience, and the man is 74! Good for him, he is impressive!

Overall, it was probably in one of my top 10 concert experiences, and I’ve seen over 100 shows! (this is up there with Roger Water’s Wall show, Pink Floyd in 1987, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe, and a few Rush shows) If you get a chance to see this tour, DO IT! You won’t regret it!

• Like 5

Coldplay live just cannot be described in words. My account could never do it justice. While still only my second favorite concert (considering I've only seen two), it was beyond incredibly epic and righteously awesome! They are no wimps, no slouches, and no bores. I will forever view them with a newfound level of respect and never question their purpose again. They make perfect sense live, and so do all the songs. Chris Martin is actually an amazing frontman as well; not even Freddie Mercury was that active and energetic on stage...(though I'd still prefer Fred).
  • Like 1

Zac Brown Band

Hersheypark Stadium

July 23, 2016

I first saw Zac open for Dave Matthews several years back, and liked what I knew at first (from hearing some of his stuff on the Buffett channel on XM on a trip to Florida…hey, when in Rome…) and when I got to see him live, I was impressed….great talented band, and some good music. A friend of mine commented that he didn’t know I liked “country” music, but since I played in a semi-country band years back, I had a tolerance for it, and DID like a few things…although I consider Zac more Southern Rock than anything else…not to mention, the guy is a fan of a LOT of styles of music, as evidenced by some of the covers he does during concerts. (Hell the first time I saw him he did Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine) (and did a KILLER job with it!) But he’s done Bohemian Rhapsody, Enter Sandman, he did Baba O’Riley last night, and other… stuff the guy loves music! He also does some Pink Floyd in the middle of one of the songs on his new album.

Anyway…this one coming to Hershey, and NOT on Labor Day Weekend was a good time for me! (and the fact it was a Saturday night made it better…I could sleep in the morning after dealing with the crappy traffic in Hershey) The other thing that was cool was that they have a “Tailgate” event the day of the show where members of the band perform, and there’s good food and drink, so for $30. I thought it was a good deal...hey you also got a free t-shirt, so… I arrived when it first started, and his lead guitar player Clay Cook was playing. Sat on a stool, in a Black Sabbath t-shirt, and played some odds and ends of the bands, some of his solo stuff, and a few covers. Afterwards, he sat at a table and signed autographs, and talked to people. Next up was Coy Bowles, another guitar player, and he did the same, as did John Driskill Hopkins his other guitar player…ok, so these are the principles of his band, and they did something cool like that. Talk about making it worth the time! The food was amazing as well. I had a grilled brisket burger which was outstanding! (and several large lemonades to hydrate)

Since it was so freaking hot, I went and sat in my car for about an hour to cool off, after the entertainment portion of the show was done and have a little wine to get my brain into the right mood before the show started at 7:00. I went back and went into the stadium and found my seat. Drake White and the Big Fire opened. Not a bad band, never heard of them, but they were good. We also heard their soundcheck during the picnic, and they played some good covers.

After the break Zac came on, and they just played great! Between some of his hits, new and old, a few covers (The aforementioned Baba O’Riley) Mellencamp’s Jack and Diane, Prince’s Let’s Go Crazy, in which Clay Cook sang did the guitar solo at the end) They also did Free which incorporates Van Morrison’s Into the Mystic. He’s put out a bunch of albums now, so you don’t get some of the favorites as you’ve gotten accustomed to hearing, but the new stuff is pretty good. All in all a bunch of excellent musicians having a good time on stage! If you get a chance, I recommend it! It was just HOT AS HELL there yesterday, and the A/C in my car felt great on the way out (in the crappy traffic….took me almost an hour to go five miles)

Ok...Yes on Monday!

Edited by Jaminbenb

Paul McCartney

Hersheypark Stadium

July 19, 2016

Over the years, I’ve seen MANY amazing concerts and MANY amazing artists. I feel privileged to have seen some of my favorite music performed live over the years. The shows I never got to see will always be a major hole in my life, but you can only do what you can. I never got to see Queen, or Frank Zappa, or Led Zeppelin, although I was able to see Robert Plant once, and he was doing a few Led Zeppelin songs during his tour. Another band I never got to see was (and I’m sure a lot of other people as well, since they didn’t seem to really perform live like bands do these days) was The Beatles. When I heard that Paul McCartney was coming to Hershey (although I tried to get tickets when we was in State College, PA last year, and couldn’t even get a rafter seat) I was on that like crazy! So when I got the ticket, I was thrilled.

Hershey was excited as well since they had a HUGE poster of Paul on the side of the stadium, and put a big “PAUL” up on the hill in front of the old Milton Hershey School where it says “Welcome to Hershey” and purportedly renamed some of the rides in Hersheypark to Paul “themes” and the main drag in Hershey to Sir Paul Way (or something like that) I was happy to finally get to see a Beatle, and hear a bunch of songs that I grew up listening to, that I never thought I’d ever get to hear live by the person that sang them!

Being the usual impatient person, I had to check and see what the setlist was, and WOW a lot of stuff! He did 38 songs, and a nice mix of Beatles, Wings, and his solo stuff (and even an old pre-Beatles Quarrymen tune) The highlights for me were a few tunes that I just loved over the years; Fool on the Hill, Let It Be, and Yesterday, just songs that always meant a lot to me. He started with Hard Day’s Night, and Can’t Buy me Love. Did Love Me Do, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, etc….. He also did an amazing version of Live and Let Die that just blew more fireworks and pyro than anything I’ve ever seen at a concert! That will be a favorite moment of mine for a LONG time, and will have a tough time being topped at any show!

One thing that just totally impressed me, seeing aging artists over the years, you can see that they are slowing up, and need a lot of support onstage, extra singers to carry their parts, extra musicians to play their parts, etc. Paul did his share and then some! He played every song, when he played bass, he was the bass player, when he played acoustic, it was him, piano, etc. He did a spot where it was just him and a guitar on the stage, and it was all him. AND no intermission! He did the banter in between songs, talked to the audience, and the man is 74! Good for him, he is impressive!

Overall, it was probably in one of my top 10 concert experiences, and I’ve seen over 100 shows! (this is up there with Roger Water’s Wall show, Pink Floyd in 1987, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe, and a few Rush shows) If you get a chance to see this tour, DO IT! You won’t regret it!

I'm seeing Paul Aug 7th. I saw him back in 2004 and loved it so I'm going back for more.

• Like 2