Toronto Shows.. are being filmed

YYZ Working Man

The Toronto crowds are weak unfortunately. Several times if you're not in the pit in the ACC, you'll hear "Hey, can you please sit down, I can't see." At the Molson Amphitheatre, different story, fantastic!

ACC has too many corporate seats and people show up after work in their suits.

• Like 1

The Toronto crowds are weak unfortunately. Several times if you're not in the pit in the ACC, you'll hear "Hey, can you please sit down, I can't see." At the Molson Amphitheatre, different story, fantastic!

you just described every arena rock crowd besides iron maiden's.

I bought lawn at my last rush show just so I would be allowed to enjoy myself. thank god for outdoor venues

• Like 1

you just described every arena rock crowd besides iron maiden's.

I bought lawn at my last rush show just so I would be allowed to enjoy myself. thank god for outdoor venues

Perhaps Alex will swing the the crowd on a rope with a Giant whisky bottle like Eddie Van Halen did . This may spark a riot!

• Like 1

I think the main thing for filming here was the back-to-back shows. Can leave the cameras there and have two takes of the majority of songs and pick the best ones. The fact that its in their hometown also fits in with the end of majoring touring were coming home vibe. They also haven't really filmed a good live release video in Canada right?
  • Like 1

If they are going with the pattern they are at now assuming no new tracks for June (which was rumoured but I doubt) - B/C will be the two Toronto show setlists. The only song you would be missing therefore from set A would be Red Barchetta. Everything else will be covered in those other two sets. Since that song has been on practically every live video or close to it I doubt they will make a big deal about recording it for this tour.

Of course Losing It will be played sometime soon and I think we can assume 100% if anywhere it will definitely show up in Toronto. There were rumours of all these other songs being seen on some set sheets at the lighting/video console or whatever. But especially after the train wreck during something like DEW at Bristow I think they will play it safe and stick to what they have been doing… which is a lot! Only new song we will see is Losing It.

• Like 1

I think the main thing for filming here was the back-to-back shows. Can leave the cameras there and have two takes of the majority of songs and pick the best ones. The fact that its in their hometown also fits in with the end of majoring touring were coming home vibe. They also haven't really filmed a good live release video in Canada right?

They filmed the Toronto show from 1984 GUp on Rush replay ..

• Like 1

It's gonna be a great show no matter what - I think the crowd will be into this concert as it is being filmed and possible the last Tour and also for Neil,Alex & Geddy a homecoming 2 dates to say goodbye. And I'm looking forward to going to the 1st show on the 17th. Edited by BlairC45
  • Like 1

The crowds are quieter for Rush than for other bands but the press that were not negative early on noted that it was because people were focused on the band. If I want to dance and jump around I will go to a club, but when I go to see Rush I want to hear and see the concert. I cheer when they come on, after solos and after songs, but otherwise I keep quiet and listen. One of my most annoying concert moments was when one woman in the row in front paid no attention to the show but constantly expressed that she was a die hard fan of the group playing and had seen them dozens of times. So I guess I'm part of the lame crowd.

Its cool to be at a filmed show but I kind of feel that you loose some of that spontaneity. The guys tend to play to the cameras a little bit and the fans get left out. Doesn't make a huge difference but I'd just rather the shows not be filmed.

Its cool to be at a filmed show but I kind of feel that you loose some of that spontaneity. The guys tend to play to the cameras a little bit and the fans get left out. Doesn't make a huge difference but I'd just rather the shows not be filmed.

They seem to have the technology to just film them from all angles anyway...and with the sizes of crew's they usually have they may as well just film every show to CATCH the spontaneity!

So here's a question. Rhetorically speaking, if they happen to have some kind of a train wreck during the concert both nights would they still include that in the official release? With the way things have been going, with more flubs than ever so far on this tour, I wonder what would happen.