Robert Plant - The old man still has it !

Love RP's new album. He's always progressing his music.

BUT

He should stop playing Led Zep songs. He's so against a reunion concert with Jimmy and JPJones so stop playing LZ music. STOP BOBBY

Edited by custom55

BUT

He should stop playing Led Zep songs. He's so against a reunion concert with Jimmy and JPJones so stop playing LZ music. STOP BOBBY

Not if he does them like in that clip above. Completely re-tooled and very cool!
  • Like 1

BUT

Not if he does them like in that clip above. Completely re-tooled and very cool!

Exactly what I thought.

BUT

Exactly what I thought.

By all rights Plant covering Black Dog at his age should suck, yet that version absolutely killed.
  • Like 1

BUT

Exactly what I thought.

By all rights Plant covering Black Dog at his age should suck, yet that version absolutely killed.

I've always enjoyed his solo stuff. The Allison Krauss gig rocked my world.

This version was tasty, and up to date, and sounded like Robert Plant--the Golden God (at 70)

He's coming to Cary in a week. I've been toying with the idea of going to see his show.
  • Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out what this song is about. Some silly person at Youtube thought "Big Log" referred to Plant's manhood.

• Like 1

Robert Plant has been a really busy man since Zeppelin broke up-- 11 solo albums, 4 collaborations and numerous tours.

Now I will have to listen to all of them.

Robert Plant did a cover of 'If I Were a Carpenter', which was originally written by Tim Hardin.

In reality, a carpenter uses lumber to build a house, from which the wood is extracted from a 'big log'.

It takes '29 palm hands' or more to shape the lumber with a saw, which is based on length and edges.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=8714370

This is how I choose to remember Robert Plant. I know he doesn't look like that now.

• Like 1

Robert Plant did a cover of 'If I Were a Carpenter', which was originally written by Tim Hardin.

I was actually not aware of Tim Hardin and his importance in the music world until after I heard Plant’s cover of that song, in the early ‘90s.

Tim Hardin also wrote Reason to Believe, which became one of Rod Stewart’s best-known hits.

Hardin had begun his career during the early ‘60s folk boom, and wrote some of the most gorgeous, poignant songs I’ve ever heard...played at Woodstock. Had a terrible problem with heroin. Made brilliant records throughout the ‘60s and first couple of years of the ‘70s, and largely toiled in obscurity. Died of an overdose three weeks after John Lennon was murdered, and consequently virtually no one noticed.

Check this out if you’ve ever got the notion:

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_500/MI0002/086/MI0002086480.jpg

• Like 1