The Rolling Stones... My God...

Mr. Not

Thank you Mr. Not

What do you know about how they produced their albums? Or about their producer/engineers?

Yesterday I was on a Stones' kick and listened to a lot of their music and was amazed at their talent. I've said this before, but it's true, we took them so much for granted back then (much like the Beatles) that only after the lapse of so much time can I listen to them with "fresh ears." :)

I don't know how they did it. Mick had quite the rep, Keith was on heroin and nodded out half the time - this is the song writing team.

And having Nicky Hopkins on that piano ... without him so many of the songs wouldn't have been as great as they are.

You Can't Always Get What You Want and Jigsaw Puzzle and Sympathy For The Devil - what tunes!!!

I'm done gushing.

I think.

I heard an interview with Jagger a long time ago where he said he usually comes up with the lyrics right before he's supposed to go to the studio and record them. His lyrics certainly have that spur of the moment vibe to them. I'm sure something like Sympathy For The Devil he took a little more time to do. But he just wing it with the lyrics on many songs.

As for Keith, there was a post on the first page that talked about how he would record stuff on the road with a cassette recorder and an acoustic guitar. He probably recorded a bunch of stuff then pass out.

Poor Keith! :LOL: But he's still alive. :codger: That's a miracle in and of itself. And he's still married to the same woman for how many years already?

Patti Hansen, a fashion model (back when that was a real career and not just social media!). I had to look it up but they have been married for 36 years! Who would have thought it? Here are two pictures of her- really naturally pretty at age 63.

B869GfEm.jpg. 69Ph65tm.jpg

• Like 1

My ears can pick up similar musical things that are also slightly different from one another.

is like
in reverse.

This comment below from by Keith Richards via here describes the guitar playing on

and in my opinion
. To me both songs are musical cousins to one another.

"(The guitar sound is) our equivalent of that rockabilly thing. I think you’ll find that comes from using a lot of analog delay on Ron’s guitar or my guitar or both of them, and I dampen it. That’ll give you that ticka-tacka-ticka. I always use that green MXR analog delay. I’m told it’s quite out of date now and old fashioned, but I got it free and I forgot that time marches on and they make better ones, or so they say. I don’t know. I’ve worked very well with those MXR things, and they’ve been very reliable."

Then I hear Keith Richards 1988 solo hit

, which he probably wrote
during that period before The Stones recorded it.

Then Richards 1992 solo hit

and The Rolling Stones song
from two years later, also sound relatively similar.

The only Rolling Stones song that seemed so different from anything I've ever heard the band do before is

. The guitar riff sounds like Andy Summers via The Police era. Apparently this was one of Mick's songs that the band wasn't too eager about. Guitar tech Jim Barber plays the riff according to here. Edited by RushFanForever

Seen on Craigslist, two front row seats for the stones at Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. :drool:

The price?

$10,500

That's more than what a lot of people have in their bank account. Unless you're a rich person who has nothing better to do with your time and money the person isn't getting anywhere near that. While being front row for the Stones would be great, if I had that much cash to spare I could think of many other things I would do with it.

• Like 2

Seen on Craigslist, two front row seats for the stones at Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. :drool:

The price?

$10,500

That's more than what a lot of people have in their bank account. Unless you're a rich person who has nothing better to do with your time and money the person isn't getting anywhere near that. While being front row for the Stones would be great, if I had that much cash to spare I could think of many other things I would do with it.

Yeah, I paid $750 for TWO tickets to see Chicago a couple of months ago- second row center, and got to meet them before the show.

• Like 1

The price?

$10,500

Yeah, I paid $750 for TWO tickets to see Chicago a couple of months ago- second row center, and got to meet them before the show.

We saw them about a year ago (without the meet and greet) and they were so excellent! We really enjoyed it. :ebert:

• Like 1

Thank you Mr. Not

What do you know about how they produced their albums? Or about their producer/engineers?

Yesterday I was on a Stones' kick and listened to a lot of their music and was amazed at their talent. I've said this before, but it's true, we took them so much for granted back then (much like the Beatles) that only after the lapse of so much time can I listen to them with "fresh ears." :)

I don't know how they did it. Mick had quite the rep, Keith was on heroin and nodded out half the time - this is the song writing team.

And having Nicky Hopkins on that piano ... without him so many of the songs wouldn't have been as great as they are.

You Can't Always Get What You Want and Jigsaw Puzzle and Sympathy For The Devil - what tunes!!!

I'm done gushing.

I think.

I heard an interview with Jagger a long time ago where he said he usually comes up with the lyrics right before he's supposed to go to the studio and record them. His lyrics certainly have that spur of the moment vibe to them. I'm sure something like Sympathy For The Devil he took a little more time to do. But he just wing it with the lyrics on many songs.

As for Keith, there was a post on the first page that talked about how he would record stuff on the road with a cassette recorder and an acoustic guitar. He probably recorded a bunch of stuff then pass out.

Poor Keith! :LOL: But he's still alive. :codger: That's a miracle in and of itself. And he's still married to the same woman for how many years already?

Patti Hansen, a fashion model (back when that was a real career and not just social media!). I had to look it up but they have been married for 36 years! Who would have thought it? Here are two pictures of her- really naturally pretty at age 63.

B869GfEm.jpg. 69Ph65tm.jpg

She was always pretty. She was a wild one. She credits Keith with saving her; Keith credits her with saving him.

I'm sure she's done something to her face but, whatever it was, it didn't destroy her, as you put it, natural beauty.

Here she is with their daughters:

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/512681/11689531/1302619652737/Fashion-Targets-Breast-Cancer---Patti-Hansen.jpg?token=SItBbVOveTePFEGrVUeXeaYmGF8%3D

• Like 1

And here's a family shot! :)

RICHARDS-FAMILY.jpg

Patti Hansen is from Staten Island, as am I. She grew up around the block from one of my best friends. One day my friend was playing whiffle ball and the ball was hit over the fence. My friend looked over the fence to find the ball and out of the corner of his eye he noticed a backyard barbeque a few houses over and sitting at the table was Keith Richards. True story.

• Like 1

Not sure why anyone would pay that money for "front row"? The front row on this and the last few years has been the pit - standing room. I saw them at Burl's creek this tour. They still have it after all these years. Greatest rock band ever!
  • Like 2

Not sure why anyone would pay that money for "front row"? The front row on this and the last few years has been the pit - standing room. I saw them at Burl's creek this tour. They still have it after all these years. Greatest rock band ever!

Do you really think so? Why?

Not challenging you, just curious as to why you say that. I always liked them better than the Beatles back in the day.

I would pay it but my friends wouldn't.

• Like 1

If my dad had the money I think he would pay that much for front row. He's been a Stones superfan since the 60s. I know he's never seen them from that close before.

Honestly, I would pay it too if I had so much money that I wouldn't miss $10,000.00.

But I don't have to worry about that! :)

There really is no front row, unless they are doing things differently there. It is general admission. Unless they mean "front row" at the second stage. But that is pretty far from the main stage. Hard to put a reason on "why" Lorraine. I just know that I have loved this band for decades (like Rush), and their music means more to me and in my opinion has so many of the best songs and albums ever made.
  • Like 2

There really is no front row, unless they are doing things differently there. It is general admission. Unless they mean "front row" at the second stage. But that is pretty far from the main stage. Hard to put a reason on "why" Lorraine. I just know that I have loved this band for decades (like Rush), and their music means more to me and in my opinion has so many of the best songs and albums ever made.

I don't think anyone has to give reasons why they think the Stones are the greatest rock band ever. It's one of those things that just speaks for itself. Whenever I have heard someone call them that my reaction always is "well yeah, it's the Stones." No further explanation is needed for me.

• Like 3

I don't think anyone has to give reasons why they think the Stones are the greatest rock band ever. It's one of those things that just speaks for itself. Whenever I have heard someone call them that my reaction always is "well yeah, it's the Stones." No further explanation is needed for me.

They aren't my favorite, and I don't think they're the best ever.... but I won't argue with anyone who does, and that's a lot of people.

• Like 1

I haven't missed a Stones tour in the NYC area since 1972. Tomorrow night, let the dancing continue. I love The Stones

You sound a lot like my dad. I believe he's seen the Stones on almost every tour since about 1968/69.

• Like 1

I haven't missed a Stones tour in the NYC area since 1972. Tomorrow night, let the dancing continue. I love The Stones

You sound a lot like my dad. I believe he's seen the Stones on almost every tour since about 1968/69.

Didn't you mention that your mother was the same way? I think you once said that she went to see the Stones days before either you or your brother was born. That's dedication!!! :)

Have a great time Custom55! I saw them at the only Canadian date and they were as good as ever. Unbelievable energy for a bunch of old guys. I first saw them in the mid 70's and many times since. I would have loved to have seen that 72 tour. I have re-issue t-shirt from that tour.

Didn't you mention that your mother was the same way? I think you once said that she went to see the Stones days before either you or your brother was born. That's dedication!!! :)

Yes, they went to a Stones concert in 1978 when she was eight months pregnant with me.

• Like 1

Yes, they went to a Stones concert in 1978 when she was eight months pregnant with me.

At least you can say you were at a Stones' concert when they were in their prime. No one else in your generation can claim that I bet. :)

Saw The Stones last night. We had such a great time from the start of our tailgate ( 5pm ) to the end of the show (11:45pm).

They've still got it and I danced most of the show. :facepalm: Not pretty but I was in heaven.

Going back for more on Monday for their second show at Metlife Stadium.

• Like 5