"Wish them well left off CA??!!

nicky6

I believe that Neil mentioned in the Tour Program notes that the original musical arrangement for this song was NOTHING like what they ended up recording. The thought seemed to be that Geddy and Alex loved the LYRICS so much, that they weren't going to let them go to waste. Am very glad.

It's definitely a song that goes up or notch or two, quality wise, because the lyrics are so awesome. Regardless of one's political and religious belief, the sentiments in this song ring very true. Our instincts are to argue and slam anyone with a viewpoint other than our own, and this is just ugly and counterproductive.

Clem

• Like 4

I left it off my truncated version of CA. I also left off Wreckers, Halo Effect and Caravan. I quite enjoy the shortened - and re-ordered - album.

Ha, I did that too, left off Halo Effect and everything after Headlong Flight.

• Like 1

I'll take Wish Them Well over The Garden any day.

*Awaits pitch fork mob*

Wow. Don't even know what to say. Kudos to you for daring to be different I guess. The Garden is an absolute masterpiece IMO. I like WTW, but not even in the same league as The Garden. I do realize music is subjective though:)

I'm sick of the Garden too. I was on it's bandwagon early on.........but overly corny stinky cheese in reality.

Sorry i'll duck the knives now, lol

Mick

I think it's an okay song but it's so bland...SO bland. And predictable.

• Like 1

I'm sick of the Garden too. I was on it's bandwagon early on.........but overly corny stinky cheese in reality.

Sorry i'll duck the knives now, lol

Mick

I think it's an okay song but it's so bland...SO bland. And predictable.

Available Light and La Villa remain unthreatened as my favourite album closers from Rush.

• Like 2

I'll take Wish Them Well over The Garden any day.

At least in a live performance. Great song with better message. I have a feeling wish you well came from Neil's issues with fame. Was it released as single. If not it would be a song the masses could of liked.

*Awaits pitch fork mob*

I wouldn't leave anything off CA.

It's the only Rush album where I never skip any of the songs.

I enjoy this song...it's a good song...it contains the one flaw on the album. The backing vocals...Nick should'a went to the mat on that one

Yeah, the screeching "wiiiiish them weeeeeeell" doesn't go down too well.

I listened to the song again a few times today and I really like that part as well. Music like food is aboot taste most times there is no right answer. Well except ribeye steaks the right answer is always "medium rare".

I left it off my truncated version of CA. I also left off Wreckers, Halo Effect and Caravan. I quite enjoy the shortened - and re-ordered - album.

I also have a truncated version that makes the album enjoyable. Wish Them Well, the BU2Bs and Halo Effect get left off, though I don't dislike Halo Effect, just seemed to skip it all the time so made it skipped by default.

I have my own version of CA (which from a narrative perspective makes more sense to me):

CA

BU2B

Caravan

Anarchist

Carnies

Halo

7CoG

The Wreckers

The Garden

Headlong Flight

Obviously wish them well I consider filler that should a been left on the cutting floor