Does anyone get sick of this song? (Spoiler)

DirkPrattLerxst

I wouldn't care if they dropped it from the set but i'm not sick of it. Tom Sawyer is the one big hit i'm tired of. The last four times i've seen them, I had no reaction to the song at all. This includes seeing them do it from the front row on the TMT.

Everyone loves Subdivisions. I doubt there's ever been a show where the song didn't get a great reaction. People can really relate to those lyrics.

• Like 1

No.

However, I've been sick of Red Sector A for awhile. It sucked they brought it back last tour.

I agree. My buddy and I turned to each other and actually rolled our eyes when it started.

Subdivisions got a huge response in Dallas. I’d pay to hear them play Chopsticks.

And in Austin. It was basically a sing along in Austin. Nearly the same on the floor in Dallas. It's one of a handful of songs they probably feel "obligated" to play (Tom Sawyer, Parts I and II of 2112, being the others).

• Like 1

I wouldn't care if they dropped it from the set but i'm not sick of it. Tom Sawyer is the one big hit i'm tired of. The last four times i've seen them, I had no reaction to the song at all. This includes seeing them do it from the front row on the TMT.

Everyone loves Subdivisions. I doubt there's ever been a show where the song didn't get a great reaction. People can really relate to those lyrics.

I am going to admit something that probably will cause anger among a few..... I knew the set lists for the two shows I attended in Texas. I knew they would open Set 2 with Tom Sawyer. I watched the intro video and then made my way for my bathroom break when Tom Sawyer started. So, yeah, I skipped out on TS because I have seen it live so many times it was okay for me to miss... and I didn't actually have to wait in line to take a piss.

• Like 1

Closer to the Heart is worn on me live.

But I get why they play it.

No.

However, I've been sick of Red Sector A for awhile. It sucked they brought it back last tour.

I agree. My buddy and I turned to each other and actually rolled our eyes when it started.

For me also, same thing with Dreamline. They played it about 100 tours in a row without a break.

I love Subdivisions but then again i haven't been to a Rush concert because i live Downunder so they can play any song they like.But i must admit that i tend to skip Tom Sawyer and Spirit on my dvds.Looking forward to Xanadu when the dvd comes out.

great part of the set. it's not 100% necessary but it's always good to hear. better an "overplayed" classic where the only downside is "normal people like it!" than a boring song
  • Like 1

I am not sick of it at all. What I'm sick of is 2112 and YYZ. Maybe just the Overture from 2112, but I'd rather see Something For Nothing or Bankok....

I would be fine if they excluded it to play something else from Signals like Countdown, Chemistry, The Weapon, etc.

And please - The Main Monkey Business is the most boring song they have ever done. If they are doing instrumentals, how about Leave That Thing alone or La Villa. I really loved Where's My Thing on the last tour though. Wouldn't mind seeing that again!

I am sick of Limelight, probably the guys also for this tour anyway, or at least Geddy and Neil, beause i think it's one of the favorites of Alex.

I'm sick of -

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

Red Sector A was so overplayed, although I do say it's great live. Better songs from GUP though. I wish they'd play Kid Gloves instead of Between The Wheels on this tour. I think they would get a great response if they did The Enemy Within or Countdown live. I still love seeing TSOR live though. Never gets old............

YYZ is a great song, but it's definitely been way overplayed live. Same with Limelight, Tom Sawyer and TSOR. I get that people want to hear the hits, but geeeeze. :D

I'm kind of meh about it. The lyrics are great, right on the mark. Musically it's nothing special. I was able to figure out the keyboards in about 20 minutes on my wife's keyboard...so yeah not too tricky. I also don't like the song for making Al basically disappear until the solo.

I've also heard enough of Limelight and CTTH for a lifetime.

Set aside the fact it is such a great song. No Rush tour should be done skipping The Spirit of Radio, "concert hall" with the lights shining on the crowd as we get all jacked is our tradition.
  • Like 2