One of my favorite moments in the show...

rtrushfan

One of mine, non musical of course because the top moments are all musical, was Eugene Levy's introduction of the band.
  • Like 4

I swear there are R2D2 sound effects in Natural Science. Has this been pointed out somewhere?

There are and yes.

I love how Neil responds to the comment that puppets don't have feelings..."hm, hm, hm...that one did." The joy he takes at Alex hurting the King's feelings is priceless.

And probably authentic.

One of my favorite moments is when Alex yodels in Geddy's Mic during 2112

Obviously, Alex stole that line from Jeff Dunham......

• Like 1

I swear there are R2D2 sound effects in Natural Science. Has this been pointed out somewhere?

Those sounds are on the original permanent waves recording....so I was glad when I saw on you tube they were back.....Natural Science was not played in ATL though....

Those sounds are on the original permanent waves recording....so I was glad when I saw on you tube they were back.....Natural Science was not played in ATL though....

I think these sounds are different though, not the ones from the original recording - on the St. Paul recording, for example, I recognize sound effects from the movies, and I wondered if they did it for a joke...

Star Wars fans? Anyone hear what I'm hearing? Again, it's not the sound effects from the song on Permanent Waves; in the new live version I'm hearing some of these:

at around 3:45:

Edited by toymaker

I think these sounds are different though, not the ones from the original recording - on the St. Paul recording, for example, I recognize sound effects from the movies, and I wondered if they did it for a joke...

Star Wars fans? Anyone hear what I'm hearing? Again, it's not the sound effects from the song on Permanent Waves; in the new live version I'm hearing some of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdEu3MRTWG0

at around 3:45:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp4Xh0y6G1I

Star Wars fan here. I actually pointed this out on the R2-D2 builder's club forum. It's absolutely the real R2-D2 sounds, and definitely not the sounds from the studio version. I always thought the studio sounds sounded like R2-D2's cousin, and I guess the band agreed with me ;)

There's an R2D2 builder forum? I did not know that. Thanks though - at least I know I'm not going crazy.

Where is that forum?

Edited by toymaker

There's an R2D2 builder forum? I did not know that. Thanks though - at least I know I'm not going crazy.

Where is that forum?

The main website is www.astromech.net. There's also a yahoo group called "R2builders," where most of the blueprints and files are stored, but the messaging interface is clunky, and the files are being migrated to astromech.net soon. It's definitely one of the most welcoming communities out there. No one is going to sell you an all inclusive kit (that would lead to an immediate cease and desist from Disney/Lucasfilm), but everyone is more than willing to point you in the right direction and help you along the way.

Where is that forum?

The main website is www.astromech.net. There's also a yahoo group called "R2builders," where most of the blueprints and files are stored, but the messaging interface is clunky, and the files are being migrated to astromech.net soon. It's definitely one of the most welcoming communities out there. No one is going to sell you an all inclusive kit (that would lead to an immediate cease and desist from Disney/Lucasfilm), but everyone is more than willing to point you in the right direction and help you along the way.

Ohhhh. . . . crazy me, I thought it was a subforum on this forum!

I'm probably not going to try to build R2D2, but thanks anyway!

edit: for those who want to know why we're now talking about R2D2, see post 12 above.

Edited by toymaker

He's in good shape to be able to do that.

His bones are sproingy. It's from years of wacky dancing!

All I know is that if I tried it I would probably fall on my face.

Geddy takes good care of himself. I think he looks extraordinarily well this tour.

• Like 1

Geddy takes good care of himself. I think he looks extraordinarily well this tour.

Can't say the same for Neil or Alex...

I'm in the spoiler section now so I don't have to watch my p's and q's.

I'm watching the Tulsa R40 show again. Geddy wouldn't get botox in his face, would he? His skin looks exceptionally smooth.

And he sang those CA songs better than on the album.

I don't know what he did during his "vacation", but it worked.

Can't say the same for Neil or Alex...

No.