Rush playing Summerfest in Milwaukee - is there a chance?

July 4th, still no date announced for Summerfest, Rush is open that day... always a good crowd for Rush at Summerfest... I have a friend that has played there a number of times, his booking contact said "there were discussions" at some point.

I highly doubt it, but can hope.

• Like 2

I'd love it but I am doubtful because they would have to interfere with their break that is scheduled during that time.

yeah, like I said, I give it less than 1%... but the date is still open. Very odd for Summerfest to have an open date this late.

July 4th, still no date announced for Summerfest, Rush is open that day... always a good crowd for Rush at Summerfest... I have a friend that has played there a number of times, his booking contact said "there were discussions" at some point.

Can we come visit you if they do?

• Like 1

Absolutely :)

Absolutely :)

:clap: Roadtrip! :sundog:

• Like 1

They are finishing the next run in NY so they are already on the east coast but yeah don't wanna sound negative and it would be awesome if they added dates but I'm sure they appreciate the little breaks they do get. So to do one more right in the middle of the break seems unlikely. Having said that considering the success of this tour and how much everyone is begging them to do more and even Alex hinting at them at least discussing dates in Europe you never know. I know FOH seemed 120% convinced this is it but who knows.
  • Like 1

There were early discussions for a Milwaukee date but it didn't pan out. Summerfest has a July 4th band that is being finalized but it not the boys unless something has changed in the past few days. Brother in law does works at World Fest inc and has been keeping me in the loop who they have been booking. Sadly, I'll have to drive to Chicago on June 12th. But I'm not complaining
  • Like 1

With the talk of no more major tours after this one but maybe "one off" dates here and there, maybe a future Milwaukee Summerfest date might happen. That would be nice. :)

http://summerfest.co...tribute-to-rush

maybe these guys are opening for them...

I've seen these guys, the band is great, the singer... how can I say this... made me jam qtips into my eardrums

Ha.....Jay does a good job on some stuff, other stuff is a lot tougher. But not everyone can be Geddy. :)

Sorry, but Lotusland are the next best thing to Rush.
  • Like 2

I've seen these guys, the band is great, the singer... how can I say this... made me jam qtips into my eardrums

Ha.....Jay does a good job on some stuff, other stuff is a lot tougher. But not everyone can be Geddy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kndbyOtMRaQ Sorry, but Lotusland are the next best thing to Rush.

Holy smokes.....

Sorry, but Lotusland are the next best thing to Rush.

Sweet jeebus, that was damn good

marcus parking is hell. Pass.

During Summerfest, only out of towners try and park near the venue. :) Most of the locals use the Freeway Shuttles. for a few bucks you get dropped off/picked up at the main gate and they have their own paths thru the streets so you get out very quickly with no traffic