"TOMMY" 1975! Not Only One Of The Greatest Movies Ever: ANN MARGARET IS SMOKING HOT!!

RUSHHEAD666

This 1975 film is one of the greatest movies ever made on Mother Earth!

I don't care what anyone says. IT NEVER GETS OLD!!

GOD I AM NOT A CLAPTON FAN! But he nails "Eyesight To The Blind." FUKK!

ANN MARGARET IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ON THE PLANET!!

JMO

• Like 1

Well, it definitely is an interesting document of the times it was made in. :)

Overall I think it could have been half an hour shorter, as there was just so much trippy filler. When it was on it was pretty great--the Elton John "Pinball Wizard" sequence is iconic, as was the "Eyesight To The Blind" sequence--but there was no need to write even more material for the opera. Or to have Jack Nicholson sing, for that matter.

I still do listen to the soundtrack from time to time, but I remove a lot of songs from the playlist. That version of "See Me, Feel Me/Listening To You" is pretty fab.

I love this movie. I saw it multiple times at the movie theater when it came out. I even dragged my mom to see it several times and she enjoyed it. :LOL: It was so much fun seeing the band doing it. It was a long time before MTV. We didn't get much chance to see our favorite bands then on video like you do today. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

I saw it for the first time on Showtime circa 1979. The Tina Turner/Acid Queen segment was the most memorable as was "Champagne" when Ann Margret starts tripping out and detergent suds pour of the TV set.
  • Like 1

Who knew Jack Nicholson could carry a tune? Loved his cameo.

He kind of talked his way through a lot of it. :D

" Not Only One Of The Greatest Movies Ever"

I still have yet to see it, but... I doubt this. Maybe one of the greatest musicals ever?

I would say not by a long shot. It was lots of fun but great…?

Edited by EagleMoon

Never seen it or heard the album either. Shocking I know. My sister actually had this album before I got my first album. She is a year younger than me. I remember it like it was yesterday. She had this and Jailbreak...
  • Like 1

I saw it for the first time on Showtime circa 1979. The Tina Turner/Acid Queen segment was the most memorable as was "Champagne" when Ann Margret starts tripping out and detergent suds pour of the TV set.

Oh wow CT! I saw it on Showtime 1979 too!!!!! I WAS BLOW AWAY as a kid!! Loved it ever since. This movie NEVER gets old!!!! SWEET!

Never seen it or heard the album either. Shocking I know. My sister actually had this album before I got my first album. She is a year younger than me. I remember it like it was yesterday. She had this and Jailbreak...

NARP! YOU ARE FUKKING KIDDING ME!! This film is right in your wheel house! GET IT AND WATCH IT PRONTO AMIGO!!!

Well, it definitely is an interesting document of the times it was made in. :)

Overall I think it could have been half an hour shorter, as there was just so much trippy filler. When it was on it was pretty great--the Elton John "Pinball Wizard" sequence is iconic, as was the "Eyesight To The Blind" sequence--but there was no need to write even more material for the opera. Or to have Jack Nicholson sing, for that matter.

I still do listen to the soundtrack from time to time, but I remove a lot of songs from the playlist. That version of "See Me, Feel Me/Listening To You" is pretty fab.

Come on! I know you love the Tina Turner part! Talk about TRIPPING!!! DAMN!!! I love when she is laying down tapping on the hypodermic needle.

• Like 1

I have Tina's biography and she was very hesitant about playing that role since it was about drugs. It went against her Buddhist beliefs. And her then husband, Ike, was furious when she accepted the role. She probably got beaten up over it. The part, believe it or not, was originally offered to David Bowie. The Acid Queen was supposed to be a "queen".

The bad singer in the film was done by Oliver Reed.

Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 1

I agree circumstanstantial tree. I couldn't figure out why Oliver Reed was cast as the step father. He seemed out of place imo, and his singing was weak. My opinion.

Turned out he was the perfect party partner for Moonie.

• Like 1

Ann Margaret was hot and is still hot. Especially compared to other women her age.

Very hot Kitten WIth A Whip. :whipgirl:

Bad movie but those who haven't seen it should see it on MST3K since they make fun of it.

"Dear Penthouse Forum, I am an average stuffed animal at a small mid-western college ..." :LOL: