Neil's Mind In DC?

Sgt.D

The fill on Natural Science is a very cool, unique, and fairly complex little arrangement, it is flubbed on that video and I find it hard to imagine playing straight through it last night was intentional. I haven't seen a clip but I thought it sounded like he kinda did part of it late, after the band came back in.

I gotta agree with this. The youtube vid seems to confirm that late drum break attempt after the flub. Neil was lost.

Not the Bristow show, I was looking right at his eyes, he appeared to know exactly what he was doing. As mrf said, he played it straight time. The song sounded amazing, no other bands have something like nat sci that they could put out in a live show. Let's relish songs like that, and the run it leads into, JL, Prelude, Cygnus, Xanadu, and backwards.

Man I got The Camera Eye with all of those...it was special

Hey TM for some reason I though the YBG was going to make a special Bristow appearance after rockin in GBO!

TCE is awesome. One the ABC routine was established, I had A and B, so worked like a dog to get a C or two. Hello Bristow, hello Philly!

Now if they were to add a D??

I'm knee deep in my little documentary of my trip. I'd love to have been there. I'd love my 10 year old to see them too...maybe one day!

The implications of maybe one day...perchance to dream.

Can't wait for the doc.

BTW, speaking of road trip doc, I just told my mom my story of buying last second tickets when orchestras were released at 10am, grabbing hotel room, packed a bag, some water, bananas, wait, print out tix and hotel receipts, clock is ticking, 5+ hour drive to somewhere I've never been. She loved the story (and she doesn't really "get" rock music). I should have filmed my road trip, the panic, the vomit , but will leave the docs for the experts!

Sent my bro (big Rush fan) a selfie of me by stage right before show with R40 stage gear in full view. Just spoke to him, he asks me if i had a slow relaxing weekend! I say...uh didn't you get the pic of me with R40 set in background? He thought I photoshopped it!

• Like 1

He probably got lost. It happens. Very easy if one of your monitors goes out or if you have trouble hearing other members of the band. It's just proof that he is in fact human after all

Getting into Neil's mind??????

You'd have an easier time cracking into this........

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/Jeff_Giant_Safe-389x260_zps38ci5ldw.jpg

Neil's playing on this tour is basic minimum drum parts and especially fills. It's been getting worse tour after tour. He's old. I get it. Any extra effort on memorizing his cool drum parts has vanashed.

This thread is hilarious, I realize Neil has established some pretty lofty standards but some of you should be embarrassed you hit "post" after writing some of these comments. I can only speak for myself but that was the best, most balls to the wall arse kicking RUSH show this 30+ year fan has ever seen!

This wasn't CA with all the mellow synth stuff, this was one hard rock 7-10 minute song after another 7-10 minute song for 2 1/2 hours. Neils performance at the Tampa show I attended was extraordinary, and he was quite "animated" (couldn't resist). I had good seats 14th row, Alex and Neil are looking their age, Ged not as much. Actually Alex had a few flubs I noticed in Tampa but listening to him shred all those solos with one bad arse Les Paul after the other was incredible. And all those 70S songs so many doubters said Geddy couldn't sing anymore...he sang them quite well.

Perhaps by the last show Neil was tired, sick, distracted, old, human, all the above.

The encore alone was worth every penny, the only thing I have to say to ANY of the band and crew is thank you

Rant over!

• Like 5

I wore a suit to Greensboro and was soaked through with sweat at the end of the show.

My wife asked me why I did it and I told her I wanted to figure out if I'd sweat profusely, which I did. Then I explained to her that I think he's keeping the suit on to stay warm, like a baseball pitcher.

I got the idea after seeing Alex grimacing during the first set of the ATL show, after those storms came through. He can't get cold on account of his arthritis.

• Like 1

Neil's playing on this tour is basic minimum drum parts and especially fills. It's been getting worse tour after tour. He's old. I get it. Any extra effort on memorizing his cool drum parts has vanashed.

I don't think he's studied his old parts as much as we have over the years, but I don't agree that he's doing basic minimum stuff....

The fact that they're doing this every three shows, and he's done it what..four times this tour, now? I'm actually more concerned about the flub in Distant Early Warning more than this one...

"Though for that last one at the Bristow amphitheater I was under attack from a bug that gave me stomach cramps, general malaise, and light-headedness- but everyone else seemed to have a good time." Well , there you have it case closed.

"Though for that last one at the Bristow amphitheater I was under attack from a bug that gave me stomach cramps, general malaise, and light-headedness- but everyone else seemed to have a good time." Well , there you have it case closed.

You beat me to it. God bless him for playing as well as he did while being ill. I enjoyed the show!
  • Like 1

Please keep in mind that Neil is 63 freaking years old and is suffering from tendonitis. There are some fills and runs he just doesn't have the hands for now. Just be happy he can still pound it out and is still willing to do so for our amusement. Peart is a beast and a machine to this day. To criticize any of the boys performances was mandatory back in the day, after all they were the benchmark. To do so today is just... perverse.
  • Like 1

Please keep in mind that Neil is 63 freaking years old and is suffering from tendonitis. There are some fills and runs he just doesn't have the hands for now. Just be happy he can still pound it out and is still willing to do so for our amusement. Peart is a beast and a machine to this day. To criticize any of the boys performances was mandatory back in the day, after all they were the benchmark. To do so today is just... perverse.

I think there's criticizing and then there's commenting because of concern.

• Like 1