Bristow, VA Periscope Thread - May 30th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

And now for a little entertainment while we wait... :7up: :dweez:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/Miscellanious/Alef%20Lifeson%20jig.gif

Could this be Brooklyn CA tour when the guitar cut out during Overture and Alex couldn't get the tech's attention? Al did a dance just like that, but I think it was before he threw the guitar off the stage to get their attention?

I created this and yes it is from the CA tour, probably Broklyn but I don't recall exactly. This was while he was waiting for the guitar to be restrung.

Yes this is a clip from Brooklyn.

• Like 1

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/Miscellanious/Alef%20Lifeson%20jig.gif

Could this be Brooklyn CA tour when the guitar cut out during Overture and Alex couldn't get the tech's attention? Al did a dance just like that, but I think it was before he threw the guitar off the stage to get their attention?

I created this and yes it is from the CA tour, probably Broklyn but I don't recall exactly. This was while he was waiting for the guitar to be restrung.

Thanks!

Alex was hysterical. After trying to play overture for a bit with no success, he starts waving to the tech area, no success. Then he starts dancin with the guitar, when that doesn't work, he throws the guitar off the stage (its elevated) then does that dance that we see here. Glad I didn't dream it!

Did I have a dream, or did the dream have me.

Edit... it was actually Temples.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 2

Thanks!

Alex was hysterical. After trying to play overture for a bit with no success, he starts waving to the tech area, no success. Then he starts dancin with the guitar, when that doesn't work, he throws the guitar off the stage (its elevated) then does that dance that we see here. Glad I didn't dream it!

Did I have a dream, or did the dream have me.

Edit... it was actually Temples.

I remember that. Our seats were in a different zipcode that night so it wasn't a very detailed view I was getting.

I was about 3 sections from stage, ten rows up. Not that close, not that far. I'm surprised my eyes were good enough to catch it!

It sounds like they had a bit of a train wreck on Distant Early Warning.

I noticed the same. I think Alex may have gone into his solo too early and it threw things off for a while.

It sounded to me like it was Neil, not Alex, who messed up. He was playing a different beat. I just listened to it.

If anyone else has the bootleg for this show, listen to the song and let me know if I'm wrong.

I'm going to listen to it again.

Definitely Neil. :o Not Alex. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I miss those Periscope evenings, with the windows and porch door open and evening air coming in while watching an R40 show with everyone. . .

Yes, they were fun.

Had I known then what I know now (about life stuff, not the band retiring because I knew that) I would have hit some east coast shows as well!

• Like 1

I miss those Periscope evenings, with the windows and porch door open and evening air coming in while watching an R40 show with everyone. . .

I miss them too if for no other reason but the camaraderie we had here during the tour.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Yes, they were fun.

Had I known then what I know now (about life stuff, not the band retiring because I knew that) I would have hit some east coast shows as well!

Yeah, if I had known my health issues last summer were mainly a medication issue (since fixed, too late for R 40 :( )I would have been right there with you!

Yes, they were fun.

Yeah, if I had known my health issues last summer were mainly a medication issue (since fixed, too late for R 40 :( )I would have been right there with you!

Well i'm glad your health issues have been fixed. That's more important!

An anecdote on that topic: A friend thought his father was coming down with Parkinson's on top of other illnesses. For whatever reason, instead of putting him on yet another med they began stopping meds. It turned out the Parkinson's symptoms were caused but the medication cocktail and he did not have it! (They've since changed his meds.)

• Like 1

Awwwww

The audience sang along with Geddy to Xanadu.

It could make me almost cry. That's really touching.

I remember that! Are they drowning out Geddy with "Xan..... aaaaaa... duuuuuuu....from the rear of the pavilion?

• Like 1

It was a great show despite the few mess ups... Neil messing up the Nat Sci drum fill...Alex's guitar issues...

My friend and I opted to go to this one because it was on a weekend, and Philly was during the week...Had we known that this was "IT" we probably would have gone to both..

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM/Images/Dynamic/i63/midnightexpress1978_ff_188x141_121720070825.jpg

:bump:

#narpsbump

• Like 1

Awwwww

I remember that! Are they drowning out Geddy with "Xan..... aaaaaa... duuuuuuu....from the rear of the pavilion?

I don't know where they were sitting, but I don't ever recall an audience singing so loudly along with him to the song.

Did you ever listen to the bootleg from the show? If not, you should. :)

Awwwww

I don't know where they were sitting, but I don't ever recall an audience singing so loudly along with him to the song.

Thanks, which one do you like best?

• Like 1

Awwwww

Thanks, which one do you like best?

Is there more than one? I don't know which one I have. A very kind TRF member put the audio boots from the R40 tour on a thumb drive for me.

Whichever one I do have, it has a good sound.