Anyone surprised that Ged is singing as well as he is this tour?

Alchemical

Geddy did exceptionally well last night. Sure, he will have some off nights so enough of the bitchassness. From what Ive read here over the past year I was expecting him to look like a cat trying to coax out a hairball while singing some parts. Saw some funny lateral jaw excursions, but that was it.
  • Like 3

Just got back from the show don't know what people are talking about, thought the whole band sounded great especially geddy. Maybe a little wailing here and there especially OLV but thats expected. Thought he had good control with his voice tonight, don't know how it sounded off a periscope feed. I also don't know what the hell happened during DEW neil was doing something weird other than that perfect night…2112 alex had guitars screw up but minor thing in the end. Thought they sounded really tight overall.

Random question for anyone that went tonight: Ive seen them since VT tour but missed CA/TM. I noticed a lot of women today at Bristow which was always good. Have things changed over the last few tours/years or was it just this random show. It definitely is not the sausage fest it used to be…lol.

Lots of gals at Greensboro!

• Like 1

I think most rock concerts tend to have more men than women attending. I've been to quite a few Rush concerts over the years and I don't actually remember there being no females. There have always been quite a few at the ones I have been to.
  • Like 1

Geddy did exceptionally well last night. Sure, he will have some off nights so enough of the bitchassness. From what Ive read here over the past year I was expecting him to look like a cat trying to coax out a hairball while singing some parts. Saw some funny lateral jaw excursions, but that was it.

Anyone try to sing, speak or yell loudly on a very hot day? Tired, out of breath? That was Bristow. I thought he sang very well most of the night.

I hate when my cat does that, and the cat lover here (wifey) ignores the mess!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 2

Just got back from the show don't know what people are talking about, thought the whole band sounded great especially geddy. Maybe a little wailing here and there especially OLV but thats expected. Thought he had good control with his voice tonight, don't know how it sounded off a periscope feed. I also don't know what the hell happened during DEW neil was doing something weird other than that perfect night…2112 alex had guitars screw up but minor thing in the end. Thought they sounded really tight overall.

Random question for anyone that went tonight: Ive seen them since VT tour but missed CA/TM. I noticed a lot of women today at Bristow which was always good. Have things changed over the last few tours/years or was it just this random show. It definitely is not the sausage fest it used to be…lol.

Lots of gals at Greensboro!

No doubt. I actually hung out with a mom/daughter combo...it was really funny to talk to them, even more interesting in the video doc that's coming

• Like 1

The Atlanta show I attended probably sounded lousy too on periscope but I promise you it certainly didn't live and in person.

In row three I could feel his voice. Seriously. I felt him project over the PA

• Like 1

If this sounds good to your ears then you should get your hearing checked.

You are cherry picking here, but whatever.

Give the the guy credit for doing these songs at all ! Too bad you can't be glad you got to see them one last time. I look forward to their concert :rush:

If this sounds good to your ears then you should get your hearing checked.

You are cherry picking here, but whatever.

Give the the guy credit for doing these songs at all ! Too bad you can't be glad you got to see them one last time. I look forward to their concert :rush:

Yes, and give Ged credit for also singing the song in such a high falsetto. He could have kept it in a slightly lower voice, as in the verse, and it would have sounded fine. In the studio version, the really high part is the drinking by lighthouse, smokin on pier line. It sounds like Ged is wanting to sing the entire song like that. Emotion? Heat? Bad monitor outdoors? Does it matter? A for effort.

I listened to both Austin and DC, Austin sounds slightly better, but it seems like he is trying to give it more pitch and volume in DC.

Please focus on Jacobs Ladder in DC. They sounded pure.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I've got a bad feeling about Geddy holding up for my show in NYC...looks like they are playing pretty much every other night from June 8th through 29th, with NYC being on the 29th.

Ah well, it'll still be awesome anyway, just never seen them at the end of a long stretch before.

From what I've seen, Geddy is really sounding good. He's almost at the same level he was singing at during the Snakes & Arrows Tour. I'm not too surprised since he just had a period of almost 2 years where he didn't sing a single note, and as a singer myself, I know of the benefits of vocal rest.

IMO - the setlist was planned with more "jam" songs so that he could last the tour and belt out 2112 and the encore oldies as well as he is.

He is incredible, their work ethic and dedication to their concert performance is inspiring.

• Like 1