All RUSH albums new on vinyl.

kooma

All Original RUSH albums will be re-released on vinyl, super or what??

I am looking forward to it; I have already bought the debut album!

I'm still happy with the remastered CDs of 1997, and have all intentions of sticking to them.

Amen to that!

Vinyl is overrated. Its trendy, and can often sound better.

But if an album is mastered properly to start with, it doesn't make any difference if its CD, vinyl or HQ download.

I have plenty of vinyl, and its nice...but not enough to make me think the hype is worth it.

Trendiness aside, its a good format. But not my preferred one if all I desire is to chill out to great music.

But if an album is mastered properly to start with, it doesn't make any difference if its CD, vinyl or HQ download.

I have plenty of vinyl, and its nice...but not enough to make me think the hype is worth it.

Trendiness aside, its a good format. But not my preferred one if all I desire is to chill out to great music.

Vinyl is not just about it's sonic qualities. It's about the experience. Getting up, putting it on, looking at the artwork, liner notes. Not being able to jump tracks easily. It really supports listening to an entire album as an event. For that I support it's resurgence.

• Like 3

Vinyl is not just about it's sonic qualities. It's about the experience. Getting up, putting it on, looking at the artwork, liner notes. Not being able to jump tracks easily. It really supports listening to an entire album as an event. For that I support it's resurgence.

I have to say, the enjoyment I get from Yes peaks with vinyl.

They should never have gotten rid of vinyl.

• Like 1

Whatever floats your boat...but after messing with it for such a long time, I'm in the "you can keep it" group! The clicks, the pops, the skips, the sticking...the hassle of needing to clean it, de-static, and all that...nah....

Put in a CD, hit play, mess with the EQ a little, and life is good!

Problem is I had all of the original vinyl records up to and including hold your fire. I had over 500 records of other bands as well.

served a 2 year lds mission

when I came home my Mom had sent all of my Vinyl to the thrift store :rage:

but I eventually forgave her.

not sure I want to buy them all again--but would love to have them.

• Like 1

Problem is I had all of the original vinyl records up to and including hold your fire. I had over 500 records of other bands as well.

OUCH! That hurts.

A similar thing happened to me.

I moved across country. My mother took my album collection, which was probably close to 500 albums as well, and ...... I don't know what she with them. I never had the heart to ask, but they are all gone.

I have forgiven her, but I still sometimes think about it and wonder why she did it since she knew what my music meant to me.

A similar thing happened to me.

I moved across country. My mother took my album collection, which was probably close to 500 albums as well, and ...... I don't know what she with them. I never had the heart to ask, but they are all gone.

I have forgiven her, but I still sometimes think about it and wonder why she did it since she knew what my music meant to me.

My mother gave away all my childhood classics (books) which had all been nice illustrated hardbacks given to me by my great-grandmother without consulting with me. She KNEW how much I loved my books. I have no clue what she was thinking. :rage:

Vinyl is too much of a hassle....push your bass frequencies a little on CD's and you'll have the same effect as vinyl...

(although a new copy of that poster would be appealing....)

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still happy with the remastered CDs of 1997, and have all intentions of sticking to them.

Oh boy. Those are horrible! Get the original CD's. Much better than the 97 botch job.

I have to disagree. What you basing this on? The reason I ask is because based on what I remember seeing of the almighty DR numbers, the 97 cds aren't that far from the original issue.

Oh boy. Those are horrible! Get the original CD's. Much better than the 97 botch job.

I have to disagree. What you basing this on? The reason I ask is because based on what I remember seeing of the almighty DR numbers, the 97 cds aren't that far from the original issue.

I just used my ears. Although the high end is louder, more crisp and more sharp on the 97s, the low end has pretty much disappeared from Permanent Waves to A Show Of Hands and the mid-range just sounds muddy to me.