Favorite Beers

ILSnwdog

My annual Stout-fest last night: Epic - The winners by far were the BBA Bruery seasonals - Grey Monday with the hazelnuts was the winner, 18.8% ABV could only taste 8.0% of it, amazing. The surprise of the night was the Abraxas from Perennial Brewery. We also did a vertical with the BBC's from goose Island, 2013 /2014/2015 2015 was incredible.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/IMG_6241_zpsanfirz3h.jpg

Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Complaining of Goose Island -who makes good beer - being bought out smacks of...

http://hipsterbeersnob.com/coaster-sample.png

What a sorry ass blog. I'll stick with beeradvocate.com, which at least has forums.

• Like 1

Complaining of Goose Island -who makes good beer - being bought out smacks of...

http://hipsterbeersnob.com/coaster-sample.png

What a sorry ass blog. I'll stick with beeradvocate.com, which at least has forums.

I've looked at Beeradvocate but don't take it seriously at all, since it seems the number ratings are EXTREMELY biased only towards porters and stouts. I mean, those can have some really good brews, but they aren't the ONLY beers out there.

• Like 1

Had this last night - 12.2% ABV Cocoa Shake is a perfect description for this one - The Alcohol is hidden very well and Chocolate abounds with a bit of Coffee. Jet Black but pours a little on the thin side.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/IMG_6264_zps8n7nck6p.jpg

Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Enjoying some Amstel Light tonight. Worked in an oil refinery in the Virgin Islands for several years and they gave us Heineken and Amstel Lite for free in the rec hall. Can't stand the Heineken but got hooked on the Amstel Lite!

Enjoying some Amstel Light tonight. Worked in an oil refinery in the Virgin Islands for several years and they gave us Heineken and Amstel Lite for free in the rec hall. Can't stand the Heineken but got hooked on the Amstel Lite!

AAAAAMSTEL LIGHT. AAAAAMSTEL LIIIIIIIGHT

TAKE MY HAND....

My dad made me try some Belle Gueule and I liked it. I dated a man who made me try Corona and I liked it. I daydrink on Labatt Bleue.

Guess I just like pale lagers.

• Like 1

They could serve me horse piss and I bet it would taste good :drool:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Been working through a mixed sixer of Josefbrau fromTrader Joe's. The Helles and Pils were good, the Vienna Lager OK. The stand out was the Bohemian style. A real old school lager, similar to the original Stroh s or National Bohemian. The dog of the bunch was the Hefeweizen, way too many clove and banana overtones. Good thing I didn't bring their Dunkelweizen into the mix, I probably would have drain poured it. Edited by pjbear05

Been working through a mixed sixer of Josefbrau fromTrader Joe's. The Helles and Pils were good, the Vienna Lager OK. The stand out was the Bohemian style. A real old school lager, similar to the original Stroh s or National Bohemian. The dog of the bunch was the Hefeweizen, way too many clove and banana overtones. Good thing I didn't bring their Dunkelweizen into the mix, I probably would have drain poured it.

That's funny, because I was just about the post about the Dunkel. Dunkelweissen are probably my favourite type of beer, and the TJ brand isn't bad. Lately I'm seeing a few American brewers making Dunkels and that makes me happy.

Been working through a mixed sixer of Josefbrau fromTrader Joe's. The Helles and Pils were good, the Vienna Lager OK. The stand out was the Bohemian style. A real old school lager, similar to the original Stroh s or National Bohemian. The dog of the bunch was the Hefeweizen, way too many clove and banana overtones. Good thing I didn't bring their Dunkelweizen into the mix, I probably would have drain poured it.

That's funny, because I was just about the post about the Dunkel. Dunkelweissen are probably my favourite type of beer, and the TJ brand isn't bad. Lately I'm seeing a few American brewers making Dunkels and that makes me happy.

Tried a couple of Frankaizer Dunkels, a bit too spicy for my taste. That's why I was shy about throwing a Dunkel in this mix, as it was my first time trying TJ's beer. Is some contract brewing it for them?

Edited by pjbear05

Tried a couple of Frankaizer Dunkels, a bit too spicy for my taste. That's why I was shy about throwing a Dunkel in this mix, as it was my first time trying TJ's beer. Is some contract brewing it for them?

Oh, I guess I wasn't clear. I was talking about the Josefbrau Dunkels I got from TJs.

I do like the Franziskaner Dunkels, and Erdinger is probably my fave. I find both of those at BevMo.