Favorite Beers

ILSnwdog

Sapporo, Japaese beer is rice also, and that tastes like Bud Dry, so I can approximate the taste if I want.

Yeah, different taste buds going on because I strongly disagree with the Sapporo and Bud Dry comparison. I'll drink Bud Dry if it's there and someone offers it but I'm seeking out Sapporo at my supermarket for purchase.

Well, I haven't really HAD a Sapporo since the mid '90s, so I'm just relating my experience from then...I remember thinking is was kinda like Bud Dry, and my BFF Dave just told me it was a rice beer like Bud Dry.... :)

Sapporo, Japaese beer is rice also, and that tastes like Bud Dry, so I can approximate the taste if I want.

Yeah, different taste buds going on because I strongly disagree with the Sapporo and Bud Dry comparison. I'll drink Bud Dry if it's there and someone offers it but I'm seeking out Sapporo at my supermarket for purchase.

Well, I haven't really HAD a Sapporo since the mid '90s, so I'm just relating my experience from then...I remember thinking is was kinda like Bud Dry, and my BFF Dave just told me it was a rice beer like Bud Dry.... :)

Gotcha. Check it out again and see what you think. Taste buds do change after a while anyway.

Gotcha. Check it out again and see what you think. Taste buds do change after a while anyway.

Tell me about it. My Mom smoked since she was 12 years old, and I figured it was that that changed her taste buds, but I found out from my own exlperience that it's just age. She started adding ungodly amounts of SALT to all of her recipes, and I couldn't eat her cooking to much anymore. :( :boo hiss:

My favourite beer is FREE beer!

I draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't drink this stuff if you paid me to.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-961e/k2-_5021a0cf-fa3b-46bd-ab02-74feb3b81b88.v3.jpg

• Like 1

I draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't drink this stuff if you paid me to.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-961e/k2-_5021a0cf-fa3b-46bd-ab02-74feb3b81b88.v3.jpg

"Gimme Natty Light...and I'm alright!"

:spitwater:

Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager is my new favorite.

tumblr_m99unlFBiQ1qd0jy3.jpg

After years of loving Hoppy beers, either my palate is changing, or I've got Hop Fatigue. Either way, I'm really enjoying lager style beers now. Vienna Lager and Sam Adams Boston Lager are my go to brews.

Same thing happened to me when I hit 30. I can't do the hoppy beers anymore. I pretty much drink Lagers, Porters, or Stouts these days.

I went off hoppy beers when I stopped smoking 16 yrs ago.

Life's too short to drink crappy beers :cheers:

Tell that to a Utah resident when the state sanctioned liquor store is closed for the night... or weekend. (Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm)

Lagunitas Capuccino Stout. Digital Mom liked it to so unfortunately i had to share it!!! ;)

I like a coffee infused stout. But...not all infusion ideas work.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Horny-Goat-Brewing-CHOCOLATE-PEANUT-BUTTER-PORTER-Craft-Beer-Can-Empty-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/NTEAAOSwAKxWVDYZ/$_35.JPG

I had a can of this a couple of days ago, and it was...not good.

Edited by goose

Lagunitas Capuccino Stout. Digital Mom liked it to so unfortunately i had to share it!!! ;)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Horny-Goat-Brewing-CHOCOLATE-PEANUT-BUTTER-PORTER-Craft-Beer-Can-Empty-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/NTEAAOSwAKxWVDYZ/$_35.JPG

The hipster that marketed that should be caned.

• Like 1

$3.99/12oz can.

$3.99/12oz can.

Can imagine some hipster cock saying (please insert hipster cock voice):

http://www.que.es/archivos/201403/hipster-3-640x640x80.jpg

"Yeah, it's a bit pricey but it's soooo AMAZING!"

Icthyosaurus IPA, aka "Icky". It's Northern Nevada's original craft beer, and a beauty.

If you're ever in Reno/Sparks, hit the brewery in Victorian Square. Tell 'em Goose sent you. ;)

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

On a break from beer until Saturday. But oh, what a Saturday. 10th Annual Jupiter Craft Brewers Festival, and #8 for me. 70+ exhibitors, mostly micro brewers or brewpub operators, and well over 200 different brews. Ambrosia in 4 ounce doses. Will try to report on the fest Sunday if I'm not too jacked up! Edited by pjbear05

Follow up: The Jupiter Craft Beer Festival was a blast, as expected. Some 65 brewers/pubs/homebrew groups, and with limited releases on the hour over 200 beers.

The Good: Founders brought KBS, All Day IPA, And a black IPA, all good.

The Bad: Of the countless samples, only two were ground poored- a chocolate porter that tasted like it had soured, and an IPA that was way too happy for my taste.

The Ugly: Goose Island. Shortest lines of the festival, and a number of verbal slings and arrows sent their way, like "traitors" and "sell outs" (over being bought by AB Inbev.)

The Surprises: Ballast Point Grapefruit Sclupin-how a little citrus can improve a beer is amazing. I need to hunt down more of this. Also, Civil Society Brewing, a local from Jupiter, had a sweet stout with a hoppiness like a session IPA, very nice.

Then there was Funky Buddha. Around 3:40 pm, they had two lines-one for people getting beer right then, and another for folks like me who were waiting for the 4 pm release of FB's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. I was about 60th in a line of 300 and growing. They started right at 4, and by 4:17 they had killed the 1/8 keg . Ah, sweet, bitter, smoky. A great beer normally, but this year they knocked it out of the park. Their Nib Smuggler Chocolate Imperial Stout was another winner IMHO.

All in all a beautiful festival. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 4

Follow up: The Jupiter Craft Beer Festival was a blast, as expected. Some 65 brewers/pubs/homebrew groups, and with limited releases on the hour over 200 beers.

The Good: Founders brought KBS, All Day IPA, And a black IPA, all good.

The Bad: Of the countless samples, only two were ground poored- a chocolate porter that tasted like it had soured, and an IPA that was way too happy for my taste.

The Ugly: Goose Island. Shortest lines of the festival, and a number of verbal slings and arrows sent their way, like "traitors" and "sell outs" (over being bought by AB Inbev.)

The Surprises: Ballast Point Grapefruit Sclupin-how a little citrus can improve a beer is amazing. I need to hunt down more of this. Also, Civil Society Brewing, a local from Jupiter, had a sweet stout with a hoppiness like a session IPA, very nice.

Then there was Funky Buddha. Around 3:40 pm, they had two lines-one for people getting beer right then, and another for folks like me who were waiting for the 4 pm release of FB's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. I was about 60th in a line of 300 and growing. They started right at 4, and by 4:17 they had killed the 1/8 keg . Ah, sweet, bitter, smoky. A great beer normally, but this year they knocked it out of the park. Their Nib Smuggler Chocolate Imperial Stout was another winner IMHO.

All in all a beautiful festival. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Icthyosaurus IPA, aka "Icky". It's Northern Nevada's original craft beer, and a beauty.

If you're ever in Reno/Sparks, hit the brewery in Victorian Square. Tell 'em Goose sent you. ;)

This would make a killer Christmas present for you

966543_10151486679212304_321324138_o.jpg

• Like 2

This would make a killer Christmas present for you

966543_10151486679212304_321324138_o.jpg

Meh. Sell-outs.