Favorite Beers

ILSnwdog

I still wanna try this quite badly. Is there a non-light, "beer" variety?

Here are some reviews on this stuff. I don't know if I'm going to running to Costco any time soon for some.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/435/138131/

• Like 1

Here is some yummy stuff. I've had Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. Both delicious.

http://www.beer-universe.com/images/articles/108/anchor%20steam.jpg

• Like 1

On another note, is the hoppiness war in American beer akin to the loudness war in music?

When I was younger, I could drink hoppy beer. I don't know why, I just can't do it anymore. I'd rather just have a nice, full bodied lager, porter, or a stout.

On another note, is the hoppiness war in American beer akin to the loudness war in music?

When I was younger, I could drink hoppy beer. I don't know why, I just can't do it anymore. I'd rather just have a nice, full bodied lager, porter, or a stout.

Same here. Porters are my favorites.
  • Like 1

Here is some yummy stuff. I've had Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. Both delicious.

Anchor is a great company located right here in San Francisco!!!

Beauty stuff!

Stopped at Total Wine this weekend and picked up a bunch of winners:

Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout

Bell's Amber Ale

Bell's Porter

Cisco Bay Summer Ale

Sam Adams Summer Ale

Founder's All Day IPA

Here ya go:

http://bonfireci.com/media/medium/McEwans-case-study-3.jpg

Probably my very favorite. Please try it if you can. I would love to buy a round for all of you.

:drool:

Here ya go:

http://bonfireci.com/media/medium/McEwans-case-study-3.jpg

I would love to buy a round for all of you.

What's stopping you? :huh:

Anchor is a great company located right here in San Francisco!!!

Beauty stuff!

We had a birthday party for my son and my father in law on Saturday. Their birthdays are a week apart. I had some Warsteiner and some Anchor Steam at the party. Ice cold Anchor Steam is so delicious. :)
  • Like 1

I'm just going to think through all the beers I've tried since getting a bit more into it:

Red = Liked

Black = Unsure/indifferent

Blue = No thanks

Blue Moon

My first wheat ale, and it was not the best introduction to it.

Budweiser

Refreshing as hell. There's a stigma against this beer I've noticed, it's considered white trash, but I like it. It's boring, there's nothing particular about the taste, but that's the appeal.

Guinness Drought

I know a guy who can't go a day without a half a case of this stuff. I think I'd like a different to try original or extra smooth next time (maybe it's the placebo effect, I don't like associating any liquid with "dry" or "drought").

Lagunitas Cherry - It tasted good, but it didn't even feel like beer, the alcohol content was very low too (I think around 3%), so it might as well not be a beer.

Lagunitas Censored - Meh, cool story behind this beer though.

Lagunitas DayTime - Meh..

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' - My favorite among Lagunitas

Lagunitas Sucks - Yep.

Moose Drool

Didn't like it as much as Newcastle, but the art was cool.

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Where Bud is one of the big "white trash" beers, this one has a stigma of being for hipsters. Fuck off and let me enjoy my beer, people.

Some Pumpkin Ale or Another

Can't remember who it was by but doing a quick Google search I can't even seem to find it... When I walked into my friends house with a case of this in hand, his 50-something veteran roommate who's a die-hard beer enthusiast took one glance at me and laughed, "You poor poor bastard..."

Edited by Mr. Not

Guinness Drought

I know a guy who can't go a day without a half a case of this stuff. I think I'd like a different to try original or extra smooth next time (maybe it's the placebo effect, I don't like associating any liquid with "dry" or "drought").

It's "draught", as in "draft".

:LOL: or :facepalm:

Can't decide.

Guinness Drought

It's "draught", as in "draft".

:LOL: or :facepalm:

Can't decide.

Guinness Drought is a very dry beer. :LOL:
  • Like 1

:oops: :blush:

:LOL:

BTW: I appreciate your praise of "regular" beer. I enjoy a craft beer, but I can't stand the elitist attitude that derides a nice, simple lager. Who needs 8.7% alcohol on a hot day?

Edited by goose

:oops: :blush:

BTW: I appreciate your praise of "regular" beer. I enjoy a craft beer, but I can't stand the elitist attitude that derides a nice, simple lager. Who needs 8.7% alcohol on a hot day?

*rasises hand*

7402755706_f3eaabeb91_b.jpg

• Like 1