Been watching TMT DVD

D3strukt

I just read through this thread and I'm not sure I understand what everyone was getting so riled up about. Seemed like a normal discussion to me.

Bread. We found something we all share in common and now the earth is rotating again.

Sounds to me like it's just delaying the inevitable. :P

No....no...no....please...noooooooooo!

Sensitive much? :)

• Like 1

talk about getting bored with stuff, when I go to the gym and listen to the same songs over and over. its gets really boring. I can imagine how they feel playing the same songs over and over..

I just read through this thread and I'm not sure I understand what everyone was getting so riled up about. Seemed like a normal discussion to me.

Bread. We found something we all share in common and now the earth is rotating again.

I'm sure our gluten free members are ready to continue the arguing.

• Like 1

I'll just say to never critique the bands overall tour performance on an opening night. I've been to three opening nights since R30 and all of them had their issues. Alex and Neil both seemed to be having a good time in Atlanta this past Tuesday while Ged seemed to be a little more enthusiastic. Also, it would make sense that they are going to try to play better and show a little more enthusiasm when being filmed for an official live release. Edited by grand phil-nale

Alex and Neil both seemed to be having a good time in Atlanta this past Tuesday while Ged seemed to be a little more enthusiastic.

Indeed. Was a great show and in particular the last 2/3 of it... :codger:

Just want to add what made it worse for me, for whatever reason, was the "greatest hits" aspect of the show.

The beginning of the second set. Agreed but they really played great and looked to be having fun. Not sure what happened in Tulsa but I didn't get any of that in Atlanta... :huh:

You wouldn't. You have an emotional attachment to them.

What I meant was i haven't seen anything from Tulsa so I don't know how bad it was...

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't bad. But there is something vital missing from these three men this tour, and it comes through. It seemed to me that they are all going through the motions, but their heart is far from what they are doing. I could hear it from their instruments.

I hate to hear this. I'm front row for the first time (and obviously the last) for Columbus. Dream come true for me and they either don't feel well enough to be there or just don't want to be there. :(

Ignore this.....it's horse shit message board fodder.

I have seen this band over 30 times in the last 30 years. The second set was the greatest live Rush experience I have had.....bar none.

You will be blown away and enjoy that front row seat.

Rock on man. Again ignore this horse shit fest in here.

Disgusting thread.

They are f***ing over 60 years old....of course Alex will flub, of course Neil is going to labor some.

They sound amazing at this stage of their career......something missing? WTF are you talking about. Look at that set list.....and those who were at Tampa....know exactly how they sounded.

Majestic. They slayed every tune. And Geddy's vox was in top form on that magical evening.

Your going to take the opinion of someone watching a video and not being there....feeling the energy of the live show? LMFAO. Going through the motions? LOL. Not in Tampa. Not in Atlanta according to many reports. Opening night....things are a little more nerve racking and stiffer. You want them running around at their age? I saw Neil and Alex sharing a ton of smiles and laughs in Tampa....it was awesome. Yeah yeah it's one persons opinion.....every one has one....that particular one is such horse shit LOL!!!! But whatever.

Enjoy that front row seat......oh wait I said that already.

This is it........live the moment. Don't analyze it. Feel it, hear it....enjoy it. It may very well be the last time you can. These guys are giving us a love letter set list. This tour is for us.

Not them.

Thanks man! I needed that, especially since I'm headed to the concert tonight without any knowledge of the setlist. Rush have been my favorite band since 1987, and I didn't want to see three guys embarrassing themselves out there. I was hoping they would go out with fire and class, so I appreciate your take on it!

Bristow, VA...here I come!

:7up:

• Like 1

Just want to add what made it worse for me, for whatever reason, was the "greatest hits" aspect of the show.

The beginning of the second set. Agreed but they really played great and looked to be having fun. Not sure what happened in Tulsa but I didn't get any of that in Atlanta... :huh:

You wouldn't. You have an emotional attachment to them.

What I meant was i haven't seen anything from Tulsa so I don't know how bad it was...

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't bad. But there is something vital missing from these three men this tour, and it comes through. It seemed to me that they are all going through the motions, but their heart is far from what they are doing. I could hear it from their instruments.

I hate to hear this. I'm front row for the first time (and obviously the last) for Columbus. Dream come true for me and they either don't feel well enough to be there or just don't want to be there. :(

Ignore this.....it's horse shit message board fodder.

I have seen this band over 30 times in the last 30 years. The second set was the greatest live Rush experience I have had.....bar none.

You will be blown away and enjoy that front row seat.

Rock on man. Again ignore this horse shit fest in here.

Disgusting thread.

They are f***ing over 60 years old....of course Alex will flub, of course Neil is going to labor some.

They sound amazing at this stage of their career......something missing? WTF are you talking about. Look at that set list.....and those who were at Tampa....know exactly how they sounded.

Majestic. They slayed every tune. And Geddy's vox was in top form on that magical evening.

Your going to take the opinion of someone watching a video and not being there....feeling the energy of the live show? LMFAO. Going through the motions? LOL. Not in Tampa. Not in Atlanta according to many reports. Opening night....things are a little more nerve racking and stiffer. You want them running around at their age? I saw Neil and Alex sharing a ton of smiles and laughs in Tampa....it was awesome. Yeah yeah it's one persons opinion.....every one has one....that particular one is such horse shit LOL!!!! But whatever.

Enjoy that front row seat......oh wait I said that already.

This is it........live the moment. Don't analyze it. Feel it, hear it....enjoy it. It may very well be the last time you can. These guys are giving us a love letter set list. This tour is for us.

Not them.

Thanks man! I needed that, especially since I'm headed to the concert tonight without any knowledge of the setlist. Rush have been my favorite band since 1987, and I didn't want to see three guys embarrassing themselves out there. I was hoping they would go out with fire and class, so I appreciate your take on it!

Bristow, VA...here I come!

:7up:

Enjoy. I have a feeling you will love it... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Here's my post that is causing Tombstone's reaction:

Well...what I am about to say will go over here like a lead balloon, but here it goes.

I am glad you wrote what you did. I was able to watch the entire Tulsa show due to the gracious courtesy of a top-notch TRFer.

Something is very much off in Rushland. I was struck by the fact that their heart wasn't in it. The playing was mechanical. It was cold. Neil looked utterly bored and was simply going through the motions. In fact, had I paid hundreds of dollars for a ticket, I might have been insulted watching him. Even Geddy seemed half-hearted. When he introduced one song, I got the impression that it was only with reluctance they were doing it, and that it really annoyed them that they had to do it. Alex was the one that pained me the most. It wasn't the Alex we are used to seeing.

I realize that when you go see them there is a lot of emotion and sentiment involved for many here. It would be hard for you to see what I saw. It's not what I was looking for or even expected, especially after hearing all the rave reviews.

Lorraine, I'll weigh in on this since I reacted early on to your post as well...

I appreciate your honesty and sincerity and am glad that you shared how you felt with everyone. I am not offended by it. I am, however, seeing Rush tonight in Virginia so have avoided all spoiler info thus far.

The reason I reacted to what you wrote is simply because it seemed to confirm my worst fears...that they were going to embarrass themselves on this tour. Reading some of the interviews ahead of time, Alex and especially Neil intimated that they were doing this tour almost out of obligation, and I feared that they would be half-hearted about it. Combined with their various physical ailments, I thought perhaps this would be the tour they would flub. Those were my fears, and your post seemed to confirm that, which is why I wrote what I did. I can say, however, that I am extremely thrilled that there are others who don't share your opinion...not because I think what you wrote was somehow "out of bounds"...but simply because I didn't want it to be true.

I'll let you know my thoughts after I see them tonight.

With no malice towards you...I sincerely hope you're wrong. ;)

:rush:

• Like 5

Well...what I am about to say will go over here like a lead balloon, but here it goes.

I am glad you wrote what you did. I was able to watch the entire Tulsa show due to the gracious courtesy of a top-notch TRFer.

Something is very much off in Rushland. I was struck by the fact that their heart wasn't in it. The playing was mechanical. It was cold. Neil looked utterly bored and was simply going through the motions. In fact, had I paid hundreds of dollars for a ticket, I might have been insulted watching him. Even Geddy seemed half-hearted. When he introduced one song, I got the impression that it was only with reluctance they were doing it, and that it really annoyed them that they had to do it. Alex was the one that pained me the most. It wasn't the Alex we are used to seeing.

I realize that when you go see them there is a lot of emotion and sentiment involved for many here. It would be hard for you to see what I saw. It's not what I was looking for or even expected, especially after hearing all the rave reviews.

Lorraine, I'll weigh in on this since I reacted early on to your post as well...

I appreciate your honesty and sincerity and am glad that you shared how you felt with everyone. I am not offended by it. I am, however, seeing Rush tonight in Virginia so have avoided all spoiler info thus far.

The reason I reacted to what you wrote is simply because it seemed to confirm my worst fears...that they were going to embarrass themselves on this tour. Reading some of the interviews ahead of time, Alex and especially Neil intimated that they were doing this tour almost out of obligation, and I feared that they would be half-hearted about it. Combined with their various physical ailments, I thought perhaps this would be the tour they would flub. Those were my fears, and your post seemed to confirm that, which is why I wrote what I did. I can say, however, that I am extremely thrilled that there are others who don't share your opinion...not because I think what you wrote was somehow "out of bounds"...but simply because I didn't want it to be true.

:goodone: ...
  • Like 1

It could be the best concert of your life. I know seeing them up close informed me on how it's going...they are monsters right now...especially Geddy!

• Like 2

I am no bass player Lord knows but Ged is playing those things like there is no tomorrow. It stood out to me more than anything else at the show I went to anyway. Nothing wrong with his fingers that is for sure... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Agreed. That being said, based on some of the comments about how the band is playing I think that my decision not to see the group on this, their likely final tour, may have been a good one. Think I will spend my $ on shows by younger, less decrepit groups - like The Who. (chuckle).

Seriously, I would like to see this tour and, with the exception of T4E ( I was to sick to go when they played the arena near where I was living at the time) I have not missed a Rush tour since RTB, but I will enjoy my memories of the great Rush shows I have seen in the past and hope they put out a good DVD after the tour. Based on what I have seen in recent years some of the comment / concerns raised here do not totally shock me. I would rather not have my great memories confused by a poor or so-so performance on their final tour.

Hope all who are going have a great time!!

• Like 2

This thread needs some moisture. It's clearly not moist.

• Like 3

There are alternatives, I worked in an artisan bakery, there are treats for all sorts ready to be offered!

There are alternatives, I worked in an artisan bakery, there are treats for all sorts ready to be offered!

I'd be up for a blueberry scone. :D

• Like 1

I predict you'll come away thinking it was well worth the money.

• Like 1

I think if you are a fan of Rush....and are still sitting on the fence about going....you should go.

I just saw the ATL show from the 5th row dead center....absolutely great show....I've seen every tour (some multiples) since Signals...

I think many read the Classic Rock article and are now projecting what they read onto what they have viewed on you tube...probably not the best way to judge...in fact I know its no way to draw conclusions....

Neil looked no less interested in playing last Tuesday than he has on any tour I've seen ....as a drummer who was at the show with another long time drummer friend we noted some "head turns" on backbeats ( probably a shoulder tension thing)... but at no point did I feel they were going through the motions....Alex was concentrating but by the end he and Neil were sharing laughs...Geddy was great...

Like I said....go....this might be it...and I'm glad I went.

• Like 6

I think if you are a fan of Rush....and are still sitting on the fence about going....you should go.

I just saw the ATL show from the 5th row dead center....absolutely great show....I've seen every tour (some multiples) since Signals...

I think many read the Classic Rock article and are now projecting what they read onto what they have viewed on you tube...probably not the best way to judge...in fact I know its no way to draw conclusions....

Neil looked no less interested in playing last Tuesday than he has on any tour I've seen ....as a drummer who was at the show with another long time drummer friend we noted some "head turns" on backbeats ( probably a shoulder tension thing)... but at no point did I feel they were going through the motions....Alex was concentrating but by the end he and Neil were sharing laughs...Geddy was great...

Like I said....go....this might be it...and I'm glad I went.

Well said.

To judge from amateur videos is ridiculous.

Being there seeing, hearing and feeling the force of the live storm known as Rush.

Nothing like it in arena rock.

Nothing.

• Like 4