Been watching TMT DVD

D3strukt

Whew. That was a close one :sigh: LedRush would have me thrown in the brig if I had mentioned songs and sh*t. So far i haven't f**ked up with any spoilers or anything. Don't want to be part of that club... :codger:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1itsg87X61rn95k2o1_500.jpg

Not just me but thanks for keeping me in line... :)

Just want to add what made it worse for me, for whatever reason, was the "greatest hits" aspect of the show.

The beginning of the second set. Agreed but they really played great and looked to be having fun. Not sure what happened in Tulsa but I didn't get any of that in Atlanta... :huh:

You wouldn't. You have an emotional attachment to them.

What I meant was i haven't seen anything from Tulsa so I don't know how bad it was...

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't bad. But there is something vital missing from these three men this tour, and it comes through. It seemed to me that they are all going through the motions, but their heart is far from what they are doing. I could hear it from their instruments.

I hate to hear this. I'm front row for the first time (and obviously the last) for Columbus. Dream come true for me and they either don't feel well enough to be there or just don't want to be there. :(

Seriously man, I feel the same way. I have been avoiding all setlist spoilers, etc., and am seeing them this Saturday in Virginia. I've been so excited to see them again, having seen them on TMT and CA, but now I'm just getting depressed hearing the reports. I'm getting a vision in my head of three old guys on walkers who sound like crap now. I hope I'm way off base.

Just want to add what made it worse for me, for whatever reason, was the "greatest hits" aspect of the show.

The beginning of the second set. Agreed but they really played great and looked to be having fun. Not sure what happened in Tulsa but I didn't get any of that in Atlanta... :huh:

What I meant was i haven't seen anything from Tulsa so I don't know how bad it was...

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't bad. But there is something vital missing from these three men this tour, and it comes through. It seemed to me that they are all going through the motions, but their heart is far from what they are doing. I could hear it from their instruments.

I hate to hear this. I'm front row for the first time (and obviously the last) for Columbus. Dream come true for me and they either don't feel well enough to be there or just don't want to be there. :(

Seriously man, I feel the same way. I have been avoiding all setlist spoilers, etc., and am seeing them this Saturday in Virginia. I've been so excited to see them again, having seen them on TMT and CA, but now I'm just getting depressed hearing the reports. I'm getting a vision in my head of three old guys on walkers who sound like crap now. I hope I'm way off base.

You are way off base. I just saw them in Atlanta and you will love it I would bet on it... :dweez:
  • Like 5

You are way off base. I just saw them in Atlanta and you will love it I would bet on it... :dweez:

Thanks for the encouragement Narps! ;)

• Like 2

I've been one of the Negative Nellies in this thread. They are worth seeing, it's just I've seen them better.
  • Like 3

I've been one of the Negative Nellies in this thread. They are worth seeing, it's just I've seen them better.

I probably have too but I have never seen them for most likely the last time either. The second half is worth the price of admission without "spoiling" anything. Gave me chills to be honest... :)
  • Like 2

"last tour" and the second set make this show a must see, especially if you're one of the old 70's Guard that has blown them off in recent years.
  • Like 3

Neil looked utterly bored and was simply going through the motions. In fact, had I paid hundreds of dollars for a ticket, I might have been insulted watching him.

So he looks like he's looked for literally every show for the last several years. If you play a song/tour long enough, you'll totally go through the motions. I'm glad they are professional enough to play flawlessly through a show even if they aren't feeling it every night. I would never want to see them fake a smile just for our sake.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 2

If I can't give an honest and sincere assessment of them here, I may as well hang it up and turn in my TRF membership card.

From what I've seen of the Tulsa show I would agree with you. However that being said, I also think they had first night problems...Alex especially seem to be having issues. If we get some good recordings of later shows it'll be easier to tell how things are going.

Neil looked utterly bored and was simply going through the motions. In fact, had I paid hundreds of dollars for a ticket, I might have been insulted watching him.

So he looks like he's looked for literally every show for the last several years. If you play a song/tour long enough, you'll totally go through the motions. I'm glad they are professional enough to play flawlessly through a show even if they aren't feeling it every night. I would never want to see them fake a smile just for our sake.

There may be small issues(mainly with Alex) on this tour, but this thread like many others on TRF is taking a small issue and blowing it way up. Neil and Ged have been spot on. Sursprisingly so for their age. Neil is even playing many songs slighty faster than the studio versions. His playing surpasses what he did on the SnA Tour and Ged's vocals are better than they have been in a while. Unfair criticism in my book.

• Like 1

Dude, S&A was a LONG time ago. Do you realize that was 8 years ago? Seriously it's been almost a decade.

Wait until you get older. 8 years will seem like one.

• Like 3

I have seen videos and such on youtube from this tour and I must say that Geddy is doing some 70s songs better now then what he did back then! He sounds great!

And people on this forum seems to complain on everything... I don´t get that! Just be happy that they are still playing! They are celebrating 41 year now as a band!

I have seen videos and such on youtube from this tour and I must say that Geddy is doing some 70s songs better now then what he did back then! He sounds great!

Dude sorry but no no and no. He is trying his @ss off and sounded much better than expected the other night in Atlanta but not even close to back in the day. You can dream all you want to be honest. He sounded good for 2015 and 61 years old and that is it. You can continue to hold that opinion obviously and good luck with that... :sigh:
  • Like 3

And people on this forum seems to complain on everything... I don´t get that! Just be happy that they are still playing! They are celebrating 41 year now as a band!

Yeah, I know. We should all be cheery and optimistic and never complain - like you.

• Like 2

Yeah, I know. We should all be cheery and optimistic and never complain - like you.

:goodone: ....
  • Like 2

Can I just say that Lorraine is entitled to voice her opinion and how she sees things is in many ways close to my point of view.

Some guys need to learn how to agree to disagree. No amount of ridicule will change how she honestly feels. Be kind. Banter, but be kind.

• Like 3

Can I just say that Lorraine is entitled to voice her opinion and how she sees things is in many ways close to my point of view.

Some guys need to learn how to agree to disagree. No amount of ridicule will change how she honestly feels. Be kind. Banter, but be kind.

Yep. Be kind and agree to disagree. Being realistic and not being blinded by love for the band wouldn't hurt either. I hate to make general statements but here goes.... The older folks around here overall seem to have no problem keeping it real while the youthful have more trouble with it. There are exceptions to every rule of course... :codger:
  • Like 2

Yep. Be kind and agree to disagree. Being realistic and not being blinded by love for the band wouldn't hurt either. I hate to make general statements but here goes.... The older folks around here overall seem to have no problem keeping it real while the youthful have more trouble with it. There are exceptions to every rule of course... :codger:

Its true...I listened, feel so proud, but this is the right time for Rush to slow down. I enjoyed the periscope experience, they were on fire...but they are aging faster than their fan base (who seem to be getting younger!).

the atlanta show was killer, and I've got narp on my side. he saw the hemispheres tour and he's not afraid to criticize shit when it comes to this band.

alex and neil are clearly in pain, yes. neil doesn't smile and act like keith moon in ESL either, so I wouldn't expect it in 2015. as for alex, his situation really is a bummer.

geddy struggles. can't really deny that, it's just a matter of how much you're willing to not notice it at a show. may I suggest...drinking a beer? :D

most of the observations I see are valid, but I don't get wanting to hear the album version note for note at a rock concert. there's nothing more stiff and mechanical than getting on stage and sounding just like the album. that being said, it is getting hard to tell what's an improvisation and what's a flat-out f**k up, but I'll take live at leeds, strangers in the night, made in japan and kick out the jams over S&A live or yanni: live at k-mart.

• Like 4

I definitely get the sense that they're touring because they feel like they have to, geddy's the only one who really wants to be up there, and neil, without giving anything away, probably looks so pissed because the last half of the show is made up of songs he doesn't want to play. if some spoiler guy gets offended I'll edit...
  • Like 2

I definitely get the sense that they're touring because they feel like they have to, geddy's the only one who really wants to be up there, and neil, without giving anything away, probably looks so pissed because the last half of the show is made up of songs he doesn't want to play. if some spoiler guy gets offended I'll edit...

This is how I feel. It makes me love them more that they are trying, but for their sakes (particularly Neil and Alex) I wish they hadn't.

Sometimes I think it was a little selfish of Geddy to push them to tour. But I understand why he did, and in the long run they may feel better for having listened.

the atlanta show was killer, and I've got narp on my side. he saw the hemispheres tour and he's not afraid to criticize shit when it comes to this band.

alex and neil are clearly in pain, yes. neil doesn't smile and act like keith moon in ESL either, so I wouldn't expect it in 2015. as for alex, his situation really is a bummer.

geddy struggles. can't really deny that, it's just a matter of how much you're willing to not notice it at a show. may I suggest...drinking a beer? :D

most of the observations I see are valid, but I don't get wanting to hear the album version note for note at a rock concert. there's nothing more stiff and mechanical than getting on stage and sounding just like the album. that being said, it is getting hard to tell what's an improvisation and what's a flat-out f**k up, but I'll take live at leeds, strangers in the night, made in japan and kick out the jams over S&A live or yanni: live at k-mart.

:goodone: Yep. All of this^^^. All this being said the second half of the show was killer and I wasn't wearing any glasses (rose colored in particular). As I have posted this is a fitting end to me and my band live if it is to be... :dweez:
  • Like 4