Chris Squire leaves Yes

Yes put out this statement regarding Chris Squire.

On May 19, 2015 -

Yes announced that due to leukemia, Squire was taking a leave from the band, and was replaced for the upcoming tours by Sherwood.

Sad news...Squire has been my favorite bass player since I first heard The Yes Album when I was 14 yrs. old.

Currently Yes is getting ready to go on tour with Steve Howe, Alan White, Geoff Downes, Billy Sherwood and Davison on vocals.

Hopefully Squire will get well and make one more run at it.

• Like 2

By the by, and I'm not saying this to get peoples hopes up, but: apprently the prognosis is relatively good, and he is responding to the treatment pretty well.

Again, not trying to get peoples hopes up, but I tend to get annoyed when people who have spent a few minutes on wikipedia try to act like someone elses personal physician.

By the by, and I'm not saying this to get peoples hopes up, but: apprently the prognosis is relatively good, and he is responding to the treatment pretty well.

Again, not trying to get peoples hopes up, but I tend to get annoyed when people who have spent a few minutes on wikipedia try to act like someone elses personal physician.

Where did you read that? I've heard the exact opposite. And wouldn't this still be early to see how he's responding?

Edited by Justin Case

I want to rip this guy a new asshole for assuming I looked at Wikipedia. But i'm going to keep my damn mouth shut since I know what i'm talking about and will let him look like an ass.
  • Like 1

Where did you read that? I've heard the exact opposite. And wouldn't this still be early to see how he's responding?

Jon Davison's facebook.

• Like 1

I want to rip this guy a new asshole for assuming I looked at Wikipedia. But i'm going to keep my damn mouth shut since I know what i'm talking about and will let him look like an ass.

Well that escalated quickly.

Never meant you specifically, but others on various forums (including another thread here).

• Like 1

Never meant you specifically, but others on various forums (including another thread here).

Sorry mate, it's just. i'm the only one who posted here, so i'm sure you can see why I got a bit defensive.

• Like 1

Sorry mate, it's just. i'm the only one who posted here, so i'm sure you can see why I got a bit defensive.

Nature of the beast (the internet that is).

• Like 1

I really think arguing over this painful subject is a douchey thing to do.

I really think arguing over this painful subject is a douchey thing to do.

yeah, I'd rather see positive energy than "I'm an internet doctor!" "no, I'm an internet doctor!"

but yes, the median survival for folks with this disease is something like 8 months I believe. but jon davison's facebook says that chris is doing well, so all we can do is hope for the best.

• Like 3

I knew about his illness, and I knew that he had decided to not undertake the summer tour. But is the thread title correct? Leaving the band is different from 'taking a leave from' the band. The former would be permanent, yes? While the latter is not.

Like all of us here, I hope he can beat the disease.

Interesting approach, but this really didn't work out for you too well.

I dunno about you guys, but if things weren´t bad enough with Jon Anderson missing from the lineup, Squire´s absence is the last nail in the coffin. I wouldn´t go see this sad lineup even if they paid me a fortune.
  • Like 1

I dunno about you guys, but if things weren´t bad enough with Jon Anderson missing from the lineup, Squire´s absence is the last nail in the coffin. I wouldn´t go see this sad lineup even if they paid me a fortune.

I saw YES w/o Jon and with lead singer Benoit David ( I thinks that's his name )... I walked out of the show after 30 mins.

• Like 1