Hot Chili Oil

troutman

You can make your own by slicing any hot peppers you want to use and placing them in a sterile jar, then fill the jar with either olive or canola oil, depending on what sort of cooking you plan on doing. Olive is obviously for lower heat cooking or for using uncooked. This gets hotter the longer it sits. You can also put garlic in it. I always refrigerate this, too.
  • Like 1

You can make your own by slicing any hot peppers you want to use and placing them in a sterile jar, then fill the jar with either olive or canola oil, depending on what sort of cooking you plan on doing. Olive is obviously for lower heat cooking or for using uncooked. This gets hotter the longer it sits. You can also put garlic in it. I always refrigerate this, too.

Asian chili oil is traditionally made with peanut oil. Good peanut oil. However, the last batch I made, I used grapeseed oil. Since I cook with it, it was not an issue.

If I was making it for dipping only, then a flavorful oil would be the best bet.

• Like 1

I like using it when I am stir-frying Bok Choy alongside sesame oil, I also use it when I am making a batch of five spice pork meatballs.
  • Like 1

I like using it when I am stir-frying Bok Choy alongside sesame oil, I also use it when I am making a batch of five spice pork meatballs.

Those meatballs sound great! I'm coming to eat at your house! ;)

• Like 1