Show Ten Reveal Thread - Atlanta, GA - May 26th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Stupid question: are they really changing the amps for the 80s material, or is that just show.

They are for show. They are hollow shells without cables.

• Like 1

Not sure I made it clear last night but after about 10 hours of zombie like sleep and it the light of day that show last night kicked royal @ss... :)

The show was awesome. We had such a good time. It was great meeting you Narp!

• Like 1

Not sure I made it clear last night but after about 10 hours of zombie like sleep and it the light of day that show last night kicked royal @ss... :)

Agreed and thanks again for everything... :cheers:

Agreed and thanks again for everything... :cheers:

Anytime buddy!

Figure I would stick this here if anyone is interested. Here is old Narpsicord waiting patiently for the band to take the stage last night donning my new R40 tee. Geez was it great. The "Rush live" chapter of my life is likely closed and on what a high note is was. Great sound and great playing. Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu alone were worth the price of admission. One other thing. God bless Ged for singing his royal @ss off. The man put every ounce of his being into it. Just attempting to do the Priests reply in 2112 was astonishing. :cheers: to :rush: and thanks for the memory last night and memories over the previous 39 years... :codger: :sigh:

http://s7.postimg.org/557t5hjrv/20150526_194258.jpg

• Like 15

Figure I would stick this here if anyone is interested. Here is old Narpsicord waiting patiently for the band to take the stage last night donning my new R40 tee. Geez was it great. The "Rush live" chapter of my life is likely closed and on what a high note is was. Great sound and great playing. Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu alone were worth the price of admission. One other thing. God bless Ged for singing his royal @ss off. The man put every ounce of his being into it. Just attempting to do the Priests reply in 2112 was astonishing. :cheers: to :rush: and thanks for the memory last night and memories over the previous 39 years... :codger: :sigh:

I was hoping you would write something about the concert. I'm so glad you got to go and it sounded like it was a great show!

• Like 3

I was hoping you would write something about the concert. I'm so glad you got to go and it sounded like it was a great show!

I could write more I suppose but don't want to bore anyone with to much details. My seats were good and there was nobody sitting in the seat to my left at all (and I showered in the morning too) so I had plenty of room to move and stand mostly :LOL: . The place was packed and i am glad they started late when it was almost dark out. Heck with traffic and everything leaving I didn't get back to my room till around 1:00 am and you know what time I am usually in bed. Was a late night but worth all the mud, rain and late night. I swear I fell asleep and never opened my eyes once until about 10 the next morning. Was a nice uneventful drive back as well. I needed to get away if even for only a day and a half. Therapy so to speak. Thanks so much Eagle for caring... :hug2: :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 7

I could write more I suppose but don't want to bore anyone with to much details. My seats were good and there was nobody sitting in the seat to my left at all (and I showered in the morning too) so I had plenty of room to move and stand mostly :LOL: . The place was packed and i am glad they started late when it was almost dark out. Heck with traffic and everything leaving I didn't get back to my room till around 1:00 am and you know what time I am usually in bed. Was a late night but worth all the mud, rain and late night. I swear I fell asleep and never opened my eyes once until about 10 the next morning. Was a nice uneventful drive back as well. I needed to get away if even for only a day and a half. Therapy so to speak. Thanks so much Eagle for caring... :hug2: :)

That's great! I don't think anyone would be bored if you wanted to go into more detail. It's the only way we can live vicariously though your concert experience. :)

• Like 3

Good to hear everything worked out for you, my friend. I'm glad RUSH delivered. Did you meet any TRF members?

• Like 1

Good to hear everything worked out for you, my friend. I'm glad RUSH delivered. Did you meet any TRF members?

I did. I met Mr. JD and his daughter. I met the artist formerly known as Aikenrooster and his wife. I also met Mara, her friend and husband. I wanted to meet that young fella known as bathory but that didn't happen unfortunately. At the bar before the show I can honestly say I have never seen so many folks in the same room with Rush gear on. Was cool to see and most of them were old fogies like me :LOL: ....
  • Like 5

Narps , I think you can write a book in this thread, about your road trip and Rush experience, and members will still want to read more! 7 autocorrects later so you don't think I called you Naps.

Glad you enjoyed the show. What time does the Rush Bus leave for G-boro?

• Like 1

Narps , I think you can write a book in this thread, about your road trip and Rush experience, and members will still want to read more! 7 autocorrects later so you don't think I called you Naps.

Glad you enjoyed the show. What time does the Rush Bus leave for G-boro?

I wish I could go to G-Boro too. To poor and didn't plan well enough. Would have been fun...

It was an honor to meet Narpski and Mara, the two most honest and nicest people on the forum.

It was a pleasure to meet JD as well. He doesn't post in SOCN, so I didn't know him, but he was cool, and my wife really got along with his daughter Samantha.

We slept in, as well, and rode around in the North Georgia and Western North Carolina mountains and went up Brasstown Bald, Georgia's highest point. Will ride to Greensboro, tomorrow. No, I didn't see Peart's bike. All Harleys.

• Like 1

It was an honor to meet Narpski and Mara, the two most honest and nicest people on the forum.

It was a pleasure to meet JD as well. He doesn't post in SOCN, so I didn't know him, but he was cool, and my wife really got along with his daughter Samantha.

We slept in, as well, and rode around in the North Georgia and Western North Carolina mountains and went up Brasstown Bald, Georgia's highest point. Will ride to Greensboro, tomorrow. No, I didn't see Peart's bike. All Harleys.

Thanks my friend for the kind words. It was great finally meeting you as well. Have a safe trip and wish I were going there too. I know you will enjoy the show...

What a great show it was last night in the ATL!!! Hi to Narps and Mr. JD and his daughter, plus some nice non-TRF folks from Alabama and some friends who were going to the show as well -- Miller's was a great place to grab something to eat before the show.

Here's a shot I took during the show ... as you can tell, it was taken during Xanadu. :-)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7779/18153867496_41664e85d4_z.jpg

• Like 6

What a great show it was last night in the ATL!!! Hi to Narps and Mr. JD and his daughter, plus some nice non-TRF folks from Alabama and some friends who were going to the show as well -- Miller's was a great place to grab something to eat before the show.

Here's a shot I took during the show ... as you can tell, it was taken during Xanadu. :-)

Four necks are better than one!

Killer seats, eh?

I gotta hire you as my ticket broker!

Beauty!

Stupid question: are they really changing the amps for the 80s material, or is that just show.

Yeah, but it looks awesome and is a brilliant idea to change the stage setup during the show. I've never seen any band do anything like that.

• Like 1

Yeah, but it looks awesome and is a brilliant idea to change the stage setup during the show. I've never seen any band do anything like that.

Oh yes, without a doubt! The amps don't have to work in order for the stage production to work.

• Like 1

Four necks are better than one!

Killer seats, eh?

I gotta hire you as my ticket broker!

Pretty good seats, 4th row pit ... I was in the front row for S&A in Philly (got lucky on a walk-up ticket), but it was waaayyyy over on the left -- this seat was right smack in the middle, which was AWESOME. I decided to not even try to get good seats in the general sale and went straight to the VIP route from the get-go. It was expensive as heck, but I am very glad I got to at least see them once from up close AND in the middle.

• Like 2

I'll see your Xanadu, and raise you a 4080 Jetglo from New Orleans ;)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/RUSH%20R40%20New%20Orleans/DSCN0654-1.jpg

• Like 2

I'll see your Xanadu, and raise you a 4080 Jetglo from New Orleans ;)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/RUSH%20R40%20New%20Orleans/DSCN0654-1.jpg

A little statistic for those not keeping count: The 4080 Jetglo has only made an appearance at 4 out of 12 shows to date....glad one of them was mine! That's about as close to the "A Farewell To Kings Tour" as anyone can get! :drool:

Edited by rushbass