Spoiler comment about keyboards

Ancient Ways

The keyboards era of rush is typically considered to be the signals-hyf era for the most part although I'm sure there are some that will disagree slightly. However, I noticed at the concert last night that the keys didn't completely disappear from the stage until very early in their career when you include his mini-moog. Should we reconsider what the eras of rush are?

No. It's a question of how prominent the keys are, not whether they are present. I'll add that I'm no fan of RUSH's early use of the Moog.

That includes Farewell to Kings, Xanadu and Cygnus X-1. They used an ARP on 2112.

No. It's a question of how prominent the keys are, not whether they are present. I'll add that I'm no fan of RUSH's early use of the Moog.

I agree. A lot of bands use keyboards as accents like Rush did in 2112 through MP, but Signals through HYF were keyboard driven. Big difference

Edited by satchmothesnowdog

The keys in Xanadu this tour sound exactly like Exit...Stage Left, imo.

Bass Pedals...not so much; LOVE it anyway! :dweez:

Ya, There's nothing like a real Taurus pedal. Geddy's been sampling them since the early '90's. Sample this, Sample that. Sampled instruments kill the quality of the music.

The keys in Xanadu this tour sound exactly like Exit...Stage Left, imo.

Bass Pedals...not so much; LOVE it anyway! :dweez:

Ya, There's nothing like a real Taurus pedal. Geddy's been sampling them since the early '90's. Sample this, Sample that. Sampled instruments kill the quality of the music.

Those real old synths don't travel well though. They're prone to tuning problems.

• Like 2

This is an aside, but if you get the chance, it's quite comical to watch the stagehands bring the Ged's large keyboard down the stage, or at least is was in Tulsa.

They nearly dropped the damn thing in the pitch black of the stage left stairs. Its quite entertaining :popcorn: