Would Anyone Mind This Set?

amalignantfarcry

My ONLY complaint about this set list is that it doesn't include at least one song from EVERY album! (Even the albums I'm not a big fan of). Other than that, we're good.....

Ya know, I would have loved it as well but, I think years ago they could gave done that, but age and physical endurance has limited them. Thus is even a short tour by Rush standards, for a reason. They are playing what they are playing, we should be happy about it, stop whining about it and stop masturbating over dream setlists that aren't going to happen. This is their final.gift to us, don't be ingrates, folks.

That's it...Most of us sitting here on the outside would have liked that "historical document" for their swan song..especially since they are doing that reverse order format, but seeing what they ARE doing (and as far as I'm concerned, they are skipping things that I'm not a huge fan of ANYWAY) I'm thrilled! And if the rotation stays for the next few days, (and I get "C" on Saturday) I'll be as giddy as a schoolgirl !! :dweez:

I just wish Genesis were as adventurous. They practically ignore anything that isn't a hit in their sets.

Truthfully...you CAN'T complain about Rush's shows since the hiatus! They have gone through a LOT of material over the past 10 or so years! I think someone posted in another thread that there were like 75 different songs since the VT tour or something....

But I agree that SOME bands just stick to "the hits" and when you go, it's the same thing over and over with the exception of maybe two songs, or maybe something from a new album!

Jimmy Buffett is one of those "seen him once or twice, and it's just not worth it except to tailgate before the show" kind of concerts! I have some friends that go see him EVERY SINGLE TOUR and I ask why? They said "it's fun, we have a party in the parking lot, and his music is great" yeah, but it's the same show?!?! Not my thing, really.... Dude has like 20 albums...play something else!

Edited by Jaminbenb

I just wish Genesis were as adventurous. They practically ignore anything that isn't a hit in their sets.

they did play in the cage, carpet crawlers, Los endos and firth of fifth last tour :)

they did play in the cage, carpet crawlers, Los endos and firth of fifth last tour :)

Los Endos was about the only deep cut there, but not even really.

In the cage had always been a live favourite. Even firth of fifth was only the solo section, and they f***ed it up in Rome.

Them playing The Lamia, Me and Sarah Jane or Get 'em Out by Friday? More chance of getting a blowjob from the pope.

Me and Sarah Jane is in my top 5 Genesis songs of all time. I would love to see No Reply At All, Anything She Does, Fading Lights, Keep It Dark, Paperlate, Who Dunnit?, and ABACAB in a Genesis set if it ever happens again. Edited by amalignantfarcry