Tampa OMG wOw

Title says it all what a show seemed the boy's were on fire and seemed to be luvin the Tampa vibes. My better 1/2 was so impressed with Ged's voice she asked if I thought he may be lip-synchin cause there was no way he could sound that good at his age.

She also made mention of alex's hair do lookin all kinds of quasi Moto which believe it or not is another compliment. I myself am thankfill that I have witnessed another awesome live experience of my all time favorite band. 3 of my favorite Permanent Waves cuts on possibly the last time live (in my neck of the woods) by their design or other. I hope I will have the opportunity in the future Thank goodness I do not have to work tomorrow.. Whew

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 8

lip synching to what, exactly?

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif

IDK you're gonna have to ask her?? But in her defense we were a bit far away in the nose bleeds but we were in there Hell Yeah!!

Ged was on f***ing FIRE tonight. I just got home now.

I ran into some rush fans at a mcdonalds today.

If any of you were sitting around me in 115 I was in Row U seat 3 with my pops f***ing rocking OUT! Since this may well be the last time I see them I rocked WITH them!

Do not regret it!

But yeah, that Xanadu f**k up was hilarious. Also there was another trainwreck in the middle of the song too.

All in all, a few flubs, mostly from alex, but I don't care. I laughed and enjoyed them.

• Like 1

Great show. Incredible set list and concept. As far as Xanadu, as soon as he put the double neck on he looked extremely uncomfortable. And if he's having arthritic issues playing a 12 string has to be a real pain in the ass. I was really happy to see how much the crowd was into it. Fans were from all over. The people next to me were from Orlando and Jacksonville.

How did you interpret the little salute geddy made at the end of Jacobs ladder? It was like he was saying "there you go, were never playing that again."
  • Like 1

Great show. Incredible set list and concept. As far as Xanadu, as soon as he put the double neck on he looked extremely uncomfortable. And if he's having arthritic issues playing a 12 string has to be a real pain in the ass. I was really happy to see how much the crowd was into it. Fans were from all over. The people next to me were from Orlando and Jacksonville.

I was expecting the comment to say Denmark and London, but oh yeah, Orlando is nice, too. Makes more sence being in Tampa.

I was expecting the comment to say Denmark and London, but oh yeah, Orlando is nice, too. Makes more sence being in Tampa.

I hung out before show with people from Ottawa, Scotland, England, Manitoba, Finland, etc...

• Like 1

How did you interpret the little salute geddy made at the end of Jacobs ladder? It was like he was saying "there you go, were never playing that again."

That whole thing was really funny too. I know they pulled that out for the fans only. lol

I was unable to make it to Fergs.....but we got to the venue at 7.

My wife, son and I are sitting here eating breakfast and we can't stop talking about how incredible the show was. Everything from the crowd, to the energy of the band, the set list. OMG the f***ing set list!!!! And how amazing Geddy really did sound compared to the last couple of tours.

This was for us, guys and gals. This is a tour for the long time hard core fans.

Can't wait for Vegas!!!!!! (If they hold true to rotating the set Vegas should get "B" so that means The Camera Eye!)

Edited by Todem

Another thing I forgot about, I thought geddy's joke about there still being ice in the arena being great since they are from Toronto and they aren't used to that at the end of May was funny but it didn't seem like most of the crowd got it.
  • Like 4

Another thing I forgot about, I thought geddy's joke about there still being ice in the arena being great since they are from Toronto and they aren't used to that at the end of May was funny but it didn't seem like most of the crowd got it.

That's hilarious. And Go Rangers!!!

• Like 1

The Tampa show was EPIC! They rocked their balls off, and the crowed was the loudest I had ever seen/heard at a RUSH show. For all the Einsteins who for years have claimed that Geddy cant sing the "old stuff"...FAIL! For those of us that were there we wont soon forget everyone gathering on the 24th of May in Tampa!
  • Like 1

The Tampa show was EPIC! They rocked their balls off, and the crowed was the loudest I had ever seen/heard at a RUSH show. For all the Einsteins who for years have claimed that Geddy cant sing the "old stuff"...FAIL! For those of us that were there we wont soon forget everyone gathering on the 24th of May in Tampa!

Good to hear from someone that sounds like they were at the same show I was.

• Like 1

The show was absolutely epic! Had a great time at Fergs before hand (maybe too good a time!) Enjoyed the show- and meeting up with a fellow forumer (Scottishdude!) My brain is still a-buzz wth the excitement from the show. "wow" is the only review I can muster at this point.....

Mess up starts at 2:09. f***ing hilarious Neil's face.

Looks like this was recorded right in front of me. There was a guy with quite a setup recording everything. Is that yours?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVrlY30tkY

Mess up starts at 2:09. f***ing hilarious Neil's face.

Looks like this was recorded right in front of me. There was a guy with quite a setup recording everything. Is that yours?

Nah, mate. I was over in Sec 115 on the other side a bit farther back. We were both in promenade, just in different spots.

You know I have one complaint with the setlist. After reflecting.

Animate and Roll The Bones flat out killed the momentum for me in the set. Like this would've been the perfect time to play cut to the chase and Neurotica. Both are pretty heavy rocking.

Some towns have been so lucky to get Natural Science. Has anyone figured out the rhyme or reason? Are they just responding when the crowd shows them the appropriate love?

You know I have one complaint with the setlist. After reflecting.

Animate and Roll The Bones flat out killed the momentum for me in the set. Like this would've been the perfect time to play cut to the chase and Neurotica. Both are pretty heavy rocking.

I liked rtb since it gave an excuse to have that awesome video during the rap but Dreamline would have worked for me also