Show Nine Reveal Thread - Tampa, FL - May 24th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I don't care that CTTH has been played to death, I still love hearing it live. Short and sweet.

I had never heard it live before this tour.

Really??

You missed out. I would have loved the extended version, but this was good, too.

Some Trees would have been nice as well

I only got into the band in 1980 and then only saw them once during the 80s since it was hard to find out about shows. Kids today don't know how easy they have it with the Internet.

• Like 1

Black or red??

Geddy's doubleneck is red sunburst, if that's what you mean.

Yeah, I know... JetGlo or Fireglo... I was wondering which one he'd use tonight! :)

We were lucky enough to get the rare, original Jetglo in New Orleans! :drool: :haz:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/RUSH%20R40%20New%20Orleans/DSCN0700-1.jpg

• Like 1

I have so many friends at this show. They are saying it is a radio hits crowd. They are dead as can be. So many people watching the Lightning Rangers game in the lobby and on their phones and only come back for songs they know or keep heads buried for the game. PATHETIC TAMPA. Your only Florida show and you suck.

Yep. Maybe that's why Rush plays so infrequently in Florida.

Yeah the first set didn't come alive for most til DEW and Sub. Then Sawyer, YYZ, and Spirit and when Natural came on people started heading for lobby and to watch the game. I can't name a market or venue that did this. All of the epics were and have been usually crazy.

Black or red??

Yeah, I know... JetGlo or Fireglo... I was wondering which one he'd use tonight! :)

We were lucky enough to get the rare, original Jetglo in New Orleans! :drool: :haz:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/RUSH%20R40%20New%20Orleans/DSCN0700-1.jpg

It's funny, I was so excited when I blew up the rehearsal pic and spotted it in the rack, at the extreme right of the pic, little did I/we know that the one behind it (I could make out a red Rick headstock) was a "brand new" Fireglo!!! But I'm not used to seeing the Fireglo one on him, yet... THIS is the right look! :)
  • Like 1

Yeah the first set didn't come alive for most til DEW and Sub. Then Sawyer, YYZ, and Spirit and when Natural came on people started heading for lobby and to watch the game. I can't name a market or venue that did this. All of the epics were and have been usually crazy.

This is what I have to say about Tampa: :moon:

• Like 2

I don't care that CTTH has been played to death, I still love hearing it live. Short and sweet.

I had never heard it live before this tour.

Really??

You missed out. I would have loved the extended version, but this was good, too.

Some Trees would have been nice as well

I only got into the band in 1980 and then only saw them once during the 80s since it was hard to find out about shows. Kids today don't know how easy they have it with the Internet.

I know. I lived close enough to Chicago that there was always concert buzz, even back then, so you always knew who was playing. Plus, the big papers had lively sections full of upcoming shows, so it was really easy. But now, you get an update on your damn phone

• Like 1

Black or red??

It's funny, I was so excited when I blew up the rehearsal pic and spotted it in the rack, at the extreme right of the pic, little did I/we know that the one behind it (I could make out a red Rick headstock) was a "brand new" Fireglo!!! But I'm not used to seeing the Fireglo one on him, yet... THIS is the right look! :)

Personally I don't like the look of the other one. Black just looks right.

• Like 2

Once upon a time Florida was one of Rush's strongest markets. They would play Hollywood/Miami, West Palm, Tampa, Lakeland, Fort Myers, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Pensacola. Today one show maybe 2 booked in the state. Huge changes and the crowds used to be crazy for them. Those days are over.

I have so many friends at this show. They are saying it is a radio hits crowd. They are dead as can be. So many people watching the Lightning Rangers game in the lobby and on their phones and only come back for songs they know or keep heads buried for the game. PATHETIC TAMPA. Your only Florida show and you suck.

Rags better lose ;)

• Like 1

I wonder what Geddy's different bass count is per 3 set rotation

It must be close to 12 guitars.

Eagle....I assuming you have a fairly precise estimate on that.

Geddy must being having a blast switching basses.

• Like 1

I find this very hard to believe---the part about you having "so many friends", that is. It's just bad timing--wish Game 5 would have been tomorrow instead of tonight.