The best I've heard Geddy sound on a certain song in a LONG TIME

Nate1647

I think that for me, personally, I've just gotten used to how Ged sounds now, and how he has sounded since probably Snakes & Arrows, and I just accept that that's how it is (pun intended). I'm not going to argue that he sounds spectacular still, because it just ain't so. I've seen them live on every tour since 2007, and heard a myriad of live recordings, and yes, sometimes he makes mistakes. But I don't think it's anything too drastic. He might be a couple cents off pitch sometimes, but it's not like it's an entire half-tone (that would be cringe-worthy). It's mostly just his tone, especially with the higher notes. But look at the guy -- he's in his 60s, still givin' 'er every night, and sounding, in my opinion, decent. Otherwise, they wouldn't be performing still, as they have said in the past.

In my opinion, the mid-to-late '80s were when he peaked vocally. He had so much control, great tone, and an overall wonderful characteristic to his voice. I'm not expecting present-day Geddy to be Power Windows Geddy. Perhaps that lower expectation has me and other fans be more forgiving. He's certainly not "as good as he ever was", but he's still doin' all right.

I think all of us accept it just fine. It's just some cannot be honest and admit that he can be cringe-worthy at times. Saying he sounds as good as ever as I have heard so many here say is just delusional and dishonest. Geddy is what he is and I think he's just awesome, but he sounds like crap sometimes. it is what it is. I'm just thrilled we are getting this tour.
  • Like 1

Call me a 'fanboy' or a 'fanatical'... after having seen them literally countless times since 1976 I am always in such bliss seeing them live that warts and all, they are just plain A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
  • Like 1