Lerxst in pain

Mr Rush

A friend of mine on FB posted a couple of pictures of Alex smiling from the concert last night. I was glad to see it.

I hope it was smiling. I seem to recall reading or learning that the muscles we use to smile are the same muscles we use to grimace in pain.

That may be, but I for one don't look the same when I grimace and when I smile. Do you? :)

If I'm forcing it for the camera . . . then yeah.

It didn't look like a grimace, or I wouldn't have said it looked like a smile. :D

A friend of mine on FB posted a couple of pictures of Alex smiling from the concert last night. I was glad to see it.

I hope it was smiling. I seem to recall reading or learning that the muscles we use to smile are the same muscles we use to grimace in pain.

That may be, but I for one don't look the same when I grimace and when I smile. Do you? :)

It didn't look like a grimace, or I wouldn't have said it looked like a smile. :D

I was just a bein' a turkey!

I was just a bein' a turkey!

:D

I was listening to a Denver radio station last week and was surprised to hear the DJ say rumors are the tour may not continue due to Al's arthiritis and Neil's tendinitis. This was news to me, because the shows I've seen so far they've both looked like they were having a pretty decent time, they were definitely hiding the pain well. Maybe this break they having coming up will give them a chance to rehabilitate a little. Geddy's voice is the best I've heard in a long time especially on the songs in the 2nd set.

Sounds to me like a DJ creating a story after hearing bits and pieces of interview material.....no way does Rush cancel part of the tour....glad I saw em in ATL...but I wouldn't give creedance to those rumors....professionally speaking...its not what Rush would do.....Id be shocked.

The thing that stood out to me at the VA show, was that whenever I saw Alex, he did not look his usual jovial-joke with the audience self! He looked more intense than he ever has in the recent past, and when he strapped the double neck on for Xanadu, he looked a little bent over.

I really hope they can get him straightened up..not SO much for the playing/touring/etc....but for his personal well being!

Sounds to me like a DJ creating a story after hearing bits and pieces of interview material.....no way does Rush cancel part of the tour....glad I saw em in ATL...but I wouldn't give creedance to those rumors....professionally speaking...its not what Rush would do.....Id be shocked.

Geddy said that Rush is very much a "show must go on" type of band. Geddy even played while he had a hole in his eardrum once! He said it was a pretty bad experience. So yeah, I can't see them canceling a whack of shows.

Geddy said that Rush is very much a "show must go on" type of band. Geddy even played while he had a hole in his eardrum once! He said it was a pretty bad experience. So yeah, I can't see them canceling a whack of shows.

Exactly...Rush built their career on touring more than anything....and unlike some "legendary popular" bands like...oh Guns n Roses never played 10 city tours that flamed for one reason or another after 3 shows.....if that characterization isn't entirely accurate you get my drift...

I've seen a handful of clips where he is having fun and for a guy suffering with pain, he's still tearing it up pretty damn well.. Check out the 3:00 mark and again when he starts babbling in Geddys mic.. Haha.. Looks like he's enjoying himself :)

The mic part is at about 4:00..and he tears it up again at about 4:30

http://youtu.be/cr0WKQv0OUk

That clip is hysterical. Wish the sound was better.

I've seen a handful of clips where he is having fun and for a guy suffering with pain, he's still tearing it up pretty damn well.. Check out the 3:00 mark and again when he starts babbling in Geddys mic.. Haha.. Looks like he's enjoying himself :)

Yikes! That's his usual self...I didn't see anything like that the other night, although he did PLAY his ass off! Most of the time he had a serious look on his face. (but that doesn't mean he wasn't making funny faces at the crowd when I was looking in a different direction...)

Edited by Jaminbenb

http://youtu.be/cr0WKQv0OUk

I was at that show and cracked up when he did that. That's why it was a bit surprising to read all of the "Alex is grumpy" posts in the shows that followed. But hey we're all human I guess.
  • Like 1

The natural decline we all experience is at once sad and exhilarating to see in the boys. If they can still perform at such a high level, how can we not similarly do our best at what we do? It’s a continuing testament to the professionalism RUSH has always exhibited. Their pride turns on my drive.

If anyone from Anthem is reading this, Turmeric-Curcumin is an excellent natural anti-inflammatory that really helps with my arthritis, and increasing your O2 levels helps all types of healing including tendons and vocal chords.

• Like 1

I wonder if Alex is able to golf on his days off. I hope so. I remember an interview where he said that was what kept him sane during tours.

Yeah he is. One of my friends on Facebook was able to meet him in Texas during this tour and he was on his way to go golfing.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, definitely don't underestimate the 'magnitude' of the show you're attending.

You're almost certainly witnessing and experiencing the last run of a legendary band.

Definitely. Which is why I want to take my oldest son to the show. Rush is his favorite band and the child needs to witness his music heroes in action. It's going to be one of their last shows.