Lerxst in pain

Mr Rush

Yep. Getting old sucks.

Yes, it does.

X 3...

I've been wondering if someone could get arthritis in the feet/toes because I think I'm getting it. Now I know you can. So that's that.

Mine obviously first manifested itself in my right hand/wrist but it is all over. Mine is not Rheumatoid or Psoriatic thank my maker but it still ain't fun and can only be controlled and dealt with. Bless his little fingers for trying is all I got...
  • Like 5

Forget touring, they should just record. It's way easier on Alex & Neil for they can work at whatever pace they want. When they have bad days, they can simply take them off Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 7

They don't owe us fans anything at this point. They've pretty much paid us in full a long time ago especially after returning for VT. I'm cool with whatever they decide the future holds. I have a lifetime of memories from concerts, albums, dvd's to keep me going from this point forward. Like Neil said "It was quite a ride" Still sad though I will be fighting emotions after the encore at Bristow :(
  • Like 6

They don't owe us fans anything at this point. They've pretty much paid us in full a long time ago especially after returning for VT. I'm cool with whatever they decide the future holds. I have a lifetime of memories from concerts, albums, dvd's to keep me going from this point forward. Like Neil said "It was quite a ride" Still sad though I will be fighting emotions after the encore at Bristow :(

Tru dat

Totally agree, From 2002 has been such an unexpected bonus, After 38 years I can still remember listening to CA and thinking wow, that was brilliant. I even managed to turn a guy at work onto Rush on the strength of that album alone which he bought on vinyl and then worked his way through their back catalogue, He was 35 and had never heard of Rush. Of all the bands and music I've followed since 1976 and the 100's of albums along the way, I can honestly say when I look and listen to the Rush catalogue end to end... Wow, what a fantastic, talented, professional, and dedicated team of 3. I think it comes down to sincerity, why they do what they do. It's all for the music and you can feel that, it's just real. Love 'em. Nothing owed they have given more than I could have ever, ever expected.

• Like 9

Totally agree, From 2002 has been such an unexpected bonus, After 38 years I can still remember listening to CA and thinking wow, that was brilliant. I even managed to turn a guy at work onto Rush on the strength of that album alone which he bought on vinyl and then worked his way through their back catalogue, He was 35 and had never heard of Rush. Of all the bands and music I've followed since 1976 and the 100's of albums along the way, I can honestly say when I look and listen to the Rush catalogue end to end... Wow, what a fantastic, talented, professional, and dedicated team of 3. I think it comes down to sincerity, why they do what they do. It's all for the music and you can feel that, it's just real. Love 'em. Nothing owed they have given more than I could have ever, ever expected.

You really love them.

• Like 2

...the hours tick away....

Enjoy and savor this one folks. This is it.

I am so lucky to have been able to have seen them as many times as i have been able to, and I will not be leaving my seat until the final second of that outro film is played. I'm gonna take this one all in. As I said in my little note to them (just mailed off a drumhead I hope they sign for me) - I thanked them for the memories, the countless hours of enjoyment, for making my commutes more tolerable, for the motivation to play an instrument, and to continue to get better and learn - no matter what you do.

They don't have to thank us - We need to thank them!

• Like 4

I will say that Rush has perhaps my favourite discography of any band.

Even the albums I do not enjoy sound anything but lazy! Everything they have ever done is 100% authentic, and a product of that time in their lives. Some classic rock bands have released albums marred by lack of inspiration, or treading water to assure steady sales. Everything Rush have done to date has been a little bonkers, the result of a band with a distinct personality that shines through no matter what subgenre of rock they are incorporating into their basic formula (if, indeed, their has ever even been a Rush "formula").

If they give up now, we have nearly twenty full length albums, all of original material and all of it very sincere.

Even bad Rush sounds like no one else but, well, Rush. How many have kept up that level of consistency?

• Like 10

Even the albums I do not enjoy sound anything but lazy! Everything they have ever done is 100% authentic, and a product of that time in their lives. Some classic rock bands have released albums marred by lack of inspiration, or treading water to assure steady sales. Everything Rush have done to date has been a little bonkers, the result of a band with a distinct personality that shines through no matter what subgenre of rock they are incorporating into their basic formula (if, indeed, their has ever even been a Rush "formula").

If they give up now, we have nearly twenty full length albums, all of original material and all of it very sincere.

Even bad Rush sounds like no one else but, well, Rush. How many have kept up that level of consistency?

I agree wholeheartedly. :) Although I used to ignore the band for the most part post-Moving Pictures, I now consider myself an all-eras fan. Some I like less than others, but I'm always impressed by them trying out new things. When it came out I didn't get Grace Under Pressure at all, but now it is in my top five. I know some dislike it, but Clockwork Angels is one of my favourite albums of theirs, and that they could do that at a stage of their career when many other bands become greatest hits jukeboxes makes me love them all the more.

• Like 5

Oh yeah, definitely don't underestimate the 'magnitude' of the show you're attending.

You're almost certainly witnessing and experiencing the last run of a legendary band.

Couldn't have said it better.

I was at the St. Louis show last week knowing with 99.999% certainty that it was probably the last time I would ever see them. It was a tad bittersweet at the end.

But what they have given us over the years, my gosh.

And like has been said, everything from 2002 from now has been a blessing, given what Neil went through, so this being it is okay. It's time. :(

• Like 4

He definitely seemed less mobile in the two shows I saw. Guess that's the arthritis in the feet. I remember in long ago tours, he'd be running around like a mad man. Now he rarely leaves "his" side of the stage.

:sigh: Poor Alex, let's hope he can continue the tour without killing himself. Bless him for soldiering on :rose:

• Like 7

I agree wholeheartedly. :) Although I used to ignore the band for the most part post-Moving Pictures, I now consider myself an all-eras fan. Some I like less than others, but I'm always impressed by them trying out new things. When it came out I didn't get Grace Under Pressure at all, but now it is in my top five. I know some dislike it, but Clockwork Angels is one of my favourite albums of theirs, and that they could do that at a stage of their career when many other bands become greatest hits jukeboxes makes me love them all the more.

Agreed. Only Iron Maiden matches Rush for keeping concerts consistently up to date!

I am finding that CA is getting better again. It used to be top ten but dropped down a lot after I discovered the rest of the discography.

Its got an appeal, not the biggest fan but I don't hate it.

• Like 2

I've not seen one pic of video clip where Al appears to be enjoying himself this tour. Night and day from CA tour. Neil looks to be about the same and I get the feeling that Geddy is working hard to compensate and pull Alex through the show.

I really hope he can make it through the rest of the dates. I assume seeing the fans this happy and the 500k a night gross will help.

• Like 3

A friend of mine on FB posted a couple of pictures of Alex smiling from the concert last night. I was glad to see it.
  • Like 11

I've not seen one pic of video clip where Al appears to be enjoying himself this tour. Night and day from CA tour. Neil looks to be about the same and I get the feeling that Geddy is working hard to compensate and pull Alex through the show.

I really hope he can make it through the rest of the dates. I assume seeing the fans this happy and the 500k a night gross will help.

Search you tube for R40 St. Paul full show video. Tape head has a link there from second row Alex side, full show, with very good video quality. I have seen a good portion, and although it's obvious Al is dealing with ailment, he smiles more than a few times. Good to see.

Almost missed the 500k comment. Money I'm sure isn't the main issue for them...but in the northeast...it will be over a mil per show, easily could have done two in NYC if priced to market.

A friend of mine on FB posted a couple of pictures of Alex smiling from the concert last night. I was glad to see it.

I hope it was smiling. I seem to recall reading or learning that the muscles we use to smile are the same muscles we use to grimace in pain.

Edited by toymaker

I hope it was smiling. I seem to recall reading or learning that the muscles we use to smile are the same muscles we use to grimace in pain.

That may be, but I for one don't look the same when I grimace and when I smile. Do you? :)

• Like 1

I've seen a handful of clips where he is having fun and for a guy suffering with pain, he's still tearing it up pretty damn well.. Check out the 3:00 mark and again when he starts babbling in Geddys mic.. Haha.. Looks like he's enjoying himself :)

The mic part is at about 4:00..and he tears it up again at about 4:30

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 6

That may be, but I for one don't look the same when I grimace and when I smile. Do you? :)

If I'm forcing it for the camera . . . then yeah.