What are the odds that in Tampa on Sunday

YAJ2112

I'll take the over. Douche move if they don't.

ETA: Although 33% would be one douche of three.

Edited by goose

And they could give everyone a small bag of sand that you could pour on your seat to sit in and then of course Howard could give a fireworks display! :D Edited by mandydog

I will be there as well! :dweez: :7up: :rush: :haz:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

I was really hoping that they would extend Lakeside a little bit to include the line "Everyone would gather, on the 24th of May" It would only make sense - if there's any day to do it - that will be it! However, I know that Rush can be pretty rigid when it comes to their show - even when they are alternating 3 setlists, to extend the song to play a part that they have not been playing - doesn't seem in their nature.

Unfortunately, seems unlikely to me. :| (Not to say that I won't be enjoying the hell out of the show regardless!!!)

Won't need periscope myself as I will be there, oh yeah.

As will I be gathering there as well!

It's gonna be special and a memory that will last forever,

Not much longer now :cheers:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Great thread! I still cant believe they are playing ANY part of LP, Geddy is on record saying he doesn't like the song. I couldn't be happier, its in the top 5 favs for me. The whole encore is EPIC.

I hope they blow off some indoor fireworks during the song!! LOL

Oddly, due to the way the holiday is set, Victoria Day (what he's referring to as the 24th of May) was this past Monday up here. OK, according to Wikipedia it's always celebrated on the last Monday before May 25. So usually that long weekend has the 24th at some point, but this year was an early anomaly.

I grew up in Ontario in the 70's pronunciation pro-tip: To get that "actually hanging out at Lakeside Park in Port Dalhousie, Ontario" effect, when discussing it in conversation you'd call the weekend "May Two Four." "Two four" was also the common term for a 24-pack of beer, something you'd want to procure before sitting in the sand watching the fireworks display. ;)

Edited by gudbuytjane
  • Like 2

Zero chance. They aren't touching that encore one bit. I bet they don't even realize that tomorrow and the lyrics they ridiculously leave out are coinciding. They are literally about 1 minute shy of playing the whole song and they just switch to Anthem. I do not understand it. Just like I don't understand the need to wreck the beautiful ending in Xanadu with a sudden crash ending. Makes. No. Sense.
  • Like 1

Its usually tough for them to change a song mid tour with the lights and background sounds.

Better chance they stop song completely right before Anthem and Ged leads the crowd with a capella version of 24th of May verse ;)