Letterman's retirement

Lost In Xanadu

Letterman had the best musical guests as well as the best sounding mix (as far as musical guests go) IMO. I don't think any of the current late night talk shows will ever come close to topping Dave in that regard to be honest.

It was always super cool when he had Steve Martin and Earl Scruggs and many other bluegrass greats come on and play..... :ebert: :ebert:

Stern :eyeroll: Thats all I have for him, an eyeroll...

Yeah, let's have some chiks on and have them take their tops off. Stern was outrageous but not clever IMO. Not like Dave. Dave never resorted to crude shit to get laughs.

I always loved Howard Stern's appearances on the show.

I always loved Howard Stern. Heck with Dave...

It's Howard's show when he's on. On his last appearance I doubt Dave said more than 10 words

Just meant I have been a fan of Stern since he was on DC 101 way back. Super talent in my view. Don't mean to highjack the thread. Carry on folks...

Stern more Talanted than Letterman? No.

Just my opinion but I think Stern is brilliant. The best and most talented radio personality ever in my view. I used to get his Sirius show on Time Warner here and no longer do. I realize he is polarizing and its mostly love or hate with him but I choose the former. I have been following him off and on since 81' and was just saying to my wife yesterday that I wish I could still hear him in the morning as morning radio here is sh*t. A great interviewer also. Just my opinion as I said. Again, don't wish to highjack the thread. Back to Dave... :)
  • Like 2

Say what you want about Howard Stern, that guy can really do great interviews. Check out his interviews with the Great Robert Duvall--amazing, insightful, and respectful.

• Like 1

My 'best' friend since high school is technical director for Dave. I'm normally not up that late but I watch last night. Great moments.

Say what you want about Howard Stern, that guy can really do great interviews. Check out his interviews with the Great Robert Duvall--amazing, insightful, and respectful.

The best interviewer there is in my view and I have seen tons he has done and others have done. Excellent post...
  • Like 2

It's Howard's show when he's on. On his last appearance I doubt Dave said more than 10 words

Just meant I have been a fan of Stern since he was on DC 101 way back. Super talent in my view. Don't mean to highjack the thread. Carry on folks...

Just my opinion but I think Stern is brilliant. The best and most talented radio personality ever in my view. I used to get his Sirius show on Time Warner here and no longer do. I realize he is polarizing and its mostly love or hate with him but I choose the former. I have been following him off and on since 81' and was just saying to my wife yesterday that I wish I could still hear him in the morning as morning radio here is sh*t. A great interviewer also. Just my opinion as I said. Again, don't wish to highjack the thread. Back to Dave... :)

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed me some Howard over the years. I've just enjoyed Dave more. The fact he has been a regular guest on Letterman for over 30 years says a lot about their relationship and impact on radio/ tv .

• Like 2

The best interviewer there is in my view and I have seen tons he has done and others have done. Excellent post...

Howard at his best. Duvall makes him his bitch in certain spots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XN9PxA9QLE

• Like 1

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed me some Howard over the years. I've just enjoyed Dave more. The fact he has been a regular guest on Letterman for over 30 years says a lot about their relationship and impact on radio/ tv .

Very cool. I hadn't really considered that angle but what you say is true. :cheers: They had a mutual admiration society going on over the years for sure. I know on Howard's show he had the "Evil Dave" character going for a long time. The dude sounded just like him too...

You just bumped up a couple notches TM in my book with your appreciation of Stern. I didn't think you could get any higher in my esteem but you have done it... :cheers: my friend
  • Like 1

You just bumped up a couple notches TM in my book with your appreciation of Stern. I didn't think you could get any higher in my esteem but you have done it... :cheers: my friend

• Like 1

Ok then. Back to Dave... :outtahere:

Nothing like a good hug buddy

Agreed but I would hope we had our shirts on at least... :D

I wish I could say something about David Letterman (or even about Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien), but I never got to watch either of them.

I will wish the fella well in his retirement, however.

I loved Letterman in high school. Since then, nope. I slept well last night.

I loved the show as well back in the early to mid eighties. I used set the VCR to record it. And it was always on whenever my friends were over late on Friday night.

I don't think he was nearly as funny after he left Late Night.

I loved Letterman in high school. Since then, nope. I slept well last night.

I loved the show as well back in the early to mid eighties. I used set the VCR to record it. And it was always on whenever my friends were over late on Friday night.

I don't think he was nearly as funny after he left Late Night.

I too thought Late Night on NBC was much better.

One of my all-time favorite bits was when he started a feud with (the notoriously prickly) Bryant Gumbel. Gumbel was recording a segment of The Today Show (live, of course), outside the studio. Dave threw open the window and yelled down, "I'm the president of NBC and I'm not wearing any pants!!" Completely disrupted Gumbel's interview and he was sooo pissed.

• Like 1

I miss Dave and Craig Ferguson already. Hope Mr. Colbert can step to the plate and deliver.

On the other hand, maybe I'll actually get some sleep now instead of watching TV.

• Like 2