$4k signature

JDC

A non signature LP custom or reissue goes upwards of $4k. So add the umpteen customizations and the limited production (200 made and that's it). That thing is totally tricked out in every which way, so it's no surprise that it's way more expensive than a '57 Goldtop or Custom reissue. I don't think it's intended as a player, either. Excellent snare drums have never been anywhere near as expensive as excellent guitars. Add all the other drums, cymbals and hardware, and no drummer would be able to afford drums if they were as pricey as guitars. I used to eye the various Peart signature and replica snares, but I doubt I'll ever buy one. My $150 Gretsch round badge sounds as good or better than the $500+ Ludwig coliseum snare drum I have. I wouldn't mind having a nice DW snare at some point, but see no reason to have a collectors piece at such a markup unless I stop playing and become a collector, and even then, the ones that are produced specifically as collectors items almost always go down in value. It's always the dark horse that ends up expensive, like an old silvertone Sears guitar, which was a cheap POS by modern standards, but now it's valuable and hard to find in good shape, especially with the case that had the built in amp.

There is more than that as the difference...The signed LP Axcess there are only 50, the top is the absolute pinnacle quilted maple available (7A rating), no serial number other than the one hand written by Alex himself. The other 200 guitars have actual serial numbers printed on them , have lesser quality tops (5A rating--still awesome) and no signature and no COA included with the instrument.

That's it. There will never be any others made of this Ruby quilted maple top.

Not only rare, but highly playable--for players and fans. An investment piece to be sure.

Edited by vital signz
  • Like 1