clem

It probably sounded something like this:

When the ebbing tide retreats

Along the rocky COLD BEER!!!!

It leaves a trail of tidal pools

In a short-lived ICE!!! COLD BEER!!!!

Each microcosmic planet

A complete COLD BEER!!!!

This is pretty accurate - except that I stated it was during "Jacob's Ladder", NOT "Natural Science" :) S'OK. I get 'em confused too, sometimes.

You know what I'd LOVE to do is copy and paste this entire thread and send it over to them. Anyone know an easy way to do this? This way they would know it wasn't just one disgruntled person that feels this way. To give them the benefit of the doubt, it is a new venue, so maybe they're still learning the proper way of doing things.

This might have worked:

:musicnote:

DON'T GO TOO FAR -

The phosphorescent wave on a tropical sea

Is Cold Beer

DON'T CROSS THE LINE -

The pattern of moonlight on the bedroom floor

Is Cold Beer

DON'T LET ME DOWN -

The flame at the heart of a pawnbroker's diamond

Is Cold Beer

DON'T BREAK THE SPELL -

The look in your eyes as you head for the door

Is Cold Beer

• Like 2

This might have worked:

DON'T GO TOO FAR -

Is Cold Beer

DON'T CROSS THE LINE -

Is Cold Beer

DON'T LET ME DOWN -

Is Cold Beer

DON'T BREAK THE SPELL -

Is Cold Beer

I certainly like it more than the original.

This might have worked:

DON'T GO TOO FAR -

Is Cold Beer

DON'T CROSS THE LINE -

Is Cold Beer

DON'T LET ME DOWN -

Is Cold Beer

DON'T BREAK THE SPELL -

Is Cold Beer

Ya Know, I THOUGHT about putting COLD BEER in the title of the thread, but then I thought someone might accidentally read it as "Cold Fire" and think I was posting a spoiler in the thread name (considerate of me, wouldn't you say?)

For the record, if I thought they were going to play Cold Fire on this tour and then discovered they weren't, I'd be a tad disappointed. That's a kick ass song.

Clem

So I attended the Rush show in Austin Saturday night. Great show even though the venue was a bit lacking. I only "Lost It" once during the show with an employee. And I guess I need my friends here on The Rush Forum to tell me if I was out of line or not.

This is the only time I have ever gone to a concert where they have vendors walking up and down the aisles peddling food and beverage. Not a bad thing in and of itself. But my problem was having vendors yell: COLD BEER! COLD BEER! during the actual show, right in my ear.

Now I was in an aisle seat, so I supposed it bothered me a bit more than others, but there was one time during the quiet part of "Jacob's Ladder" where the vendor decided to stand right behind me and yell COLD BEER! a few times in succession.

Well, I lost it. I turned around and told him (in no so polite words) to please shut up and not yell COLD BEER! when the band is actually performing. Please note, I have no problem with this going on before the show or during intermission. Nor do I have a problem if this was a sporting event. But to me, this is unacceptable during a musical event when the actual music is being played.

To me, this is the equivalent of going to the movies, watching a very quiet, intense scene, and having an employee walk in the theater screaming "Does anyone want to buy some popcorn??" Or something like that.

So help me friends. Was I right to be pissed? Was I right to yell at the guy? thanks in advance for your input.

PS - I did fill out a survey for the event that they sent me after the show, and mentioned this. I do realize the guy was "only doing his job" etc.

Clem

Everything about that venue sucked. *Everything*. I completely ripped them in their survey and will do everything I can (drive to Dallas or Houston, if need be) to avoid a show there in the future.

I was along an aisle and didn't have the cold beer screaming, but I would have likely gone bananas, too.

Frankly, given that venue only has something like 28 actual bathroom stalls, they probably shouldn't be selling beer in the first place....