Happy Birthday TullSkull

Your_Lion

Happy Birthday TullSkull :cheers:

We'll make a man of you, put you to trade

teach you to play Monopoly and how to sing in the rain.

Have a great day, my friend :smoke:

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Tully. :cheers:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/happy-birthday-gras_zpsoxflue1w.jpg

• Like 3

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Heading out to Colorado in a few weeks (Denver). Usually make one trip out there each year. For my work trips, for some reason it always works out cheaper for me to fly to where I have a work trip and stop in denver on the way back as opposed to just going to work and back. Probably because I come home from Denver on a Sat/Sun which are cheaper days to fly. Anyways, always nice to save the company some money and get a free trip out of it to stay with one of my best friends from college.

Happy Birthday!!

for your birthday, a history of the codpiece.

http://www.lucyworsley.com/uploads/2015/01/arrmour-codpiece-231x300.jpg

So what exactly is this controversial garment? The codpiece is buttoned, or tied with strings, to a man’s breeches. It takes its name from the word ‘cod’, middle English for both ‘bag’ and ‘scrotum’, and arose because medieval men wore hose – essentially, very long socks – beneath their doublets, and nothing else in the way of underwear.

When the fourteenth-century fashion for very short doublets emerged, the codpiece was invented to cover up the gap at the top of those hose. If you believe ‘the Parson’ in Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales, it was a much-needed innovation. He disliked the short doublets of his day because ‘Alas! Some of them show the very boss of their penis and the horrible pushed-out testicles that look like the malady of hernia’.

Originally just a triangle of cloth, the codpiece became more substantial and more decorative as time went on, until its decline in the late sixteenth century.

The codpiece, of course, forms part of the picture of Henry VIII that we all carry round in our heads. In the portraits after Hans Holbein the Younger, Henry’s enormous codpiece emphasizes his virility, and hence his capacity for providing England with heirs to the throne. It forms the very centerpiece of Holbein’s drawing (‘The Whitehall Cartoon’) that gives us Henry’s definitive image.

None of Henry’s fabric codpieces survive, but the suit of his 1540 armour displayed at the Tower of London also has an enormous codpiece in metal, and its size suggests that Holbein was not exaggerating. Female visitors to the Tower used to stick pins into its lining in the hope that this would increase their own fertility.

Codpieces also functioned a useful little purse for storing precious items like coins, or jewels, and tradition claims this as the origin of the expression ‘a man’s family jewels.’

They are garments that tend to arouse wonder and disbelief in post-Tudor viewers, so much so that the Museum of London has a whole drawer of codpieces that were catalogued, by a bashful Victorian curator, as ‘shoulder pads’.

But none of them were quite as big as the one worn by Rowan Atkinson as Edmund Blackadder, in his first, late-medieval, incarnation. For his installation as Archbishop of Canterbury, Blackadder decides to wear his best and biggest codpiece.

‘Let’s go for the Black Russian,’ he tells Lord Percy. ‘It always terrifies the clergy.’

Edited by Rushman14

:codger: Thanks Everybody!!! I'm a little late here but I got here.

Life has been upside down, was back in the 1st of Jan I found out I have Squamous Cell Cancer on the vocal cord.

This is for cancer > :moon:

Been fighting with the Cannabis Oil, diet, Supplements and my Mind! I have talked with a cancer surgeon and the radiation people of which I'm not fond of either. Started the Cannabis Oil back in Jan, have had one laser surgery and 2 biopsy's, my diet is good and the supplements too, I feel good and my weight is holding.

:rage: I must beat this Shit!

Anyone going to Denver for the show? I'll be there is the plan...

Thanks again everybody.. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

• Like 4

Life has been upside down, was back in the 1st of Jan I found out I have Squamous Cell Cancer on the vocal cord.

Been fighting with the Cannabis Oil, diet, Supplements and my Mind! I have talked with a cancer surgeon and the radiation people of which I'm not fond of either. Started the Cannabis Oil back in Jan, have had one laser surgery and 2 biopsy's, my diet is good and the supplements too, I feel good and my weight is holding.

Hang in there brother. :ebert:

• Like 1

So very sorry to hear this, but best wishes for a full recovery!

• Like 2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TULLSKULL!!!!

:cheerleader: :smoke: :yay: :hi: :dweez: :cheers:

• Like 1