Changes after the break?

dtpoet

...the only thing in the back of my mind was the Entre' Nous rehearsal way back and they never did it on that tour...

Entre' Nous was performed on the Snakes and Arrows Tour - I definitely enjoyed getting to see that one live! :haz:

Right...but a several years back, they were rehearsing it at soundcheck and never did it on that tour...I forget which one but there was a recording someone made, and it was a bonus track on a bootleg.

Depending on the exact date of that soundcheck, it's quite possible that they weren't rehearsing it for performance, but rather working it out with the intention of recording it. Back then bands (especially ones who hadn't been around for even 10 years) would routinely write on road and work on the songs during soundchecks. That's the only way they could do at least one new album and tour per year. Isn't there similar early soundcheck footage of TSOR form sometime on the Hemispheres tour?

Edited by Justin Case

...the only thing in the back of my mind was the Entre' Nous rehearsal way back and they never did it on that tour...

Entre' Nous was performed on the Snakes and Arrows Tour - I definitely enjoyed getting to see that one live! :haz:

I agree. One of my favorite Rush songs.

Right...but a several years back, they were rehearsing it at soundcheck and never did it on that tour...I forget which one but there was a recording someone made, and it was a bonus track on a bootleg.

Depending on the exact date of that soundcheck, it's quite possible that they weren't rehearsing it for performance, but rather working it out with the intention of recording it. Back then bands (especially ones who hadn't been around for even 10 years) would routinely write on road and work on the songs during soundchecks. That's the only way they could do at least one new album and tour per year. Isn't there similar early soundcheck footage of TSOR form sometime on the Hemispheres tour?

Had to do a little searching but it's on "Check this Out" http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/database/review.php?RecordingID=1010

Had to do a little searching but it's on "Check this Out" http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/database/review.php?RecordingID=1010

Hmmm....so that was during the short run post-Hemispheres tour but pre-PeW release. So much for my theory!!

If memory serves me, when they added another leg to the S&A tour, they swapped out about four songs. I don't think they've swapped out songs between legs since ("between legs since" - I should probably reword that).

Of course, during S&A, they didn't have "alternating night set lists" either. I believe the CA tour was the first time that they've done that (in quite awhile). Also, for what it's worth, when they DID swap out songs during the S&A tour, they replaced some of the deepest cuts with more recognizable material. Not sure I'd want that. Let's keep the deep cuts, please.

I don't think we'll get anything new at this point during the first (only?) leg of R40.

Clem

Hmmm....so that was during the short run post-Hemispheres tour but pre-PeW release. So much for my theory!!

Here's video of an early soundcheck version of TSOR from my hometown of Hamilton on August 24, 1979 during the Permanent Waves warm up tour.

• Like 1

Some guy on Rushisaband says that Kid Gloves, Big Money and La Villa (And Losing It) will become rotation songs starting in June. (Alternating in the current alternating slots)

As long as they don't mess with Cygnus or Xanadu I'm fine with it.

• Like 2

Here's video of an early soundcheck version of TSOR from my hometown of Hamilton on August 24, 1979 during the Permanent Waves warm up tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtaWGojQb8I

Is Geddy manning the Hamilton Stadium switchboard back there?! Wow. Haha
  • Like 1

Some guy on Rushisaband says that Kid Gloves, Big Money and La Villa (And Losing It) will become rotation songs starting in June. (Alternating in the current alternating slots)

As long as they don't mess with Cygnus or Xanadu I'm fine with it.

Yeah... I don't think so... He said he spent the show next to the soundboard with a crew pass and saw future setlists printed AND on the light show computers with songs that had *June or *July after them. They seem to be all in the Natural Science/Camera Eye/YYZ or DEW slots.... We'll see..... Maybe they are rehearsed, and the light shows are planned and designed, but they might still change their mind and not play them if the current setlists are doing well.... Also Clockwork Angels was removed for some other song I can't remember.... I think it's in the comments for thread on the second part of that interview, the one posted yeesterday, on the Rushisaband site... Not the Facebook one, the blog.

• Like 1