Changes after the break?

dtpoet

Halfway thru the first leg. There are rumors, some confirmed, that other songs are or have been rehearsed. I mean - where the hell is Big Money and what is Ask Al anyway?

So here's my question - will the 2nd leg see the same A-B-C rotation or will some songs be dropped and others added? If you think so, how many changes will occur?

I think we will be seeing some changes. Btw, I think they were on in Houston, eh Dallas, last nite.

Now where's that radio button?

Here.

Here?

If history has anything to say about this, things will stay the same. I will be seeing them in Columbus first show after the break. I hope to catch a set that has Natural Science and Jacob's Ladder in it, but I am expecting set A.

I'd like to think they might start playing something from the four albums not represented: Test for Echo, Presto, Hold Your Fire and Power Windows.

A lot of songs were rehearsed so we've read about online, and they have been heard at soundchecks playing Losing It, so that should pop up at some point surely?

Oy, so much power windows last tour.

I believe the tin man has been retired. They have specifically said less synth era this tour, its been covered in detail on the recent tours. So far, that's been spot on.

• Like 1

There going on mini break dont seeing them changing it up. They want to relax

Yeah, especially if Alex and Neil are dealing with pain. The last thing they'd want to do is work on new songs. And even if they rehearsed them pre-tour, I don't think they'd want to add them to the set cold.

(Though they could rehearse them in soundcheck, I suppose.)

Edited by gudbuytjane
  • Like 1

Yeah, especially if Alex and Neil are dealing with pain. The last thing they'd want to do is work on new songs. And even if they rehearsed them pre-tour, I don't think they'd want to add them to the set cold.

If they were rehearsed pre-tour, they wouldn't really be adding things cold. If anything, they could probably take a single day to run through each of the 4 songs 4-5 times to make sure they feel right. For all we know, they already did production run throughs in Tulsa.

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 3

If they were rehearsed pre-tour, they wouldn't really be adding things cold. If anything, they could probably take a single day to run through each of the 4 songs 4-5 times to make sure they feel right. For all we know, they already did production run throughs in Tulsa.

True that. And it's all conjecture until the actual shows are played. :)

• Like 1

I can see them adding one of two songs in Toronto and LA, without any substitutions. The Toronto additions would be for filming purposes while the Los Angeles extras would be for personal reasons.

Tough to say,...hard to know what they went over in pre-tour rehearsals...the Losing it thing might just be something for them, or for later on (TO shows, or LA show as a thank you-send off like someone mentioned...and they bring in a guest violin)

The only thing in the back of my mind was the Entre' Nous rehearsal way back and they never did it on that tour...

I dont think their going to do anything special for Toronto

Remember its not a farewell tour so I dont see them making those shows feel like it

But they're FILMING...gotta add the extra special stuff...

I can see them playing "Losing It' in the sound checks in Toronto, filming it and putting it on the dvd as an extra.

I hadn't thought of that, but I could see that now you mention it!

Don´t take it as criticism...but I sometimes feel that even if the boys played for several hours and covered ALL their albums in its entirety, there will still be some of us complaining that they didn´t play anything from Victor, My Favourite Headache, Buddy Rih´s Tribute...
  • Like 7

Don´t take it as criticism...but I sometimes feel that even if the boys played for several hours and covered ALL their albums in its entirety, there will still be some of us complaining that they didn´t play anything from Victor, My Favourite Headache, Buddy Rih´s Tribute...

No one will ever be totally satisfied with the body of work that these guys have put out! As I've said many times...go...enjoy it while it lasts... quitcherbitchen! :popcorn:

• Like 2

...the only thing in the back of my mind was the Entre' Nous rehearsal way back and they never did it on that tour...

Entre' Nous was performed on the Snakes and Arrows Tour - I definitely enjoyed getting to see that one live! :haz:

• Like 2

I think they will play a second leg, doubt the only play 34 shows for R40. Ill say they are pretty set for this run, by we shall see. Stoked for the show Sunday in Tampa, been waiting a LONG time for some of the old songs they are playing!

I think they will play a second leg, doubt the only play 34 shows for R40. Ill say they are pretty set for this run, by we shall see. Stoked for the show Sunday in Tampa, been waiting a LONG time for some of the old songs they are playing!

Don't get your hopes up. The very credible and reliable source in TRF have said that this it.

• Like 1

I can see them playing "Losing It' in the sound checks in Toronto, filming it and putting it on the dvd as an extra.

This is a good point… on the Clockwork Angels dvd they did this for limelight… but then again that is Limelight and is on practically all their live dvds. For Losing It I think they should show the real live version and maybe save another commonly played song for the soundcheck.

I remember Geddy saying for the Rio DVD they should have played all the extras… Between Sun/Moon, Vital Signs, Ceiling Unlimited that night so they could get everything on DVD but they just didn't think of it. With the chaos of that show you can understand why it would have slipped their minds. At this point with their health/stamina it depends whether they can fit all the extra songs over the two shows. What they are doing right now on a nightly basis seems like enough.

...the only thing in the back of my mind was the Entre' Nous rehearsal way back and they never did it on that tour...

Entre' Nous was performed on the Snakes and Arrows Tour - I definitely enjoyed getting to see that one live! :haz:

Right...but a several years back, they were rehearsing it at soundcheck and never did it on that tour...I forget which one but there was a recording someone made, and it was a bonus track on a bootleg.