The ON/OFF thread...

greyfriar

So this is a difficult post for me to write.

I have a lot going on in life, and a lot of real world issues I have to deal with. My mental health is recovering, whilst in some aspects my physical health is declining (mainly mobility wise, but it isn't overly serious at this point).

There have been a great many fun times shared with others on this forum, and I am pleased to say my taste in music has been greatly enhanced by many recommendations from all you guys. So it will be sad to leave this place, but I have too.

Mick, Blue J, ReGor, Narps, Lorraine and others, I have enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know you all, but now I need to get on with my life, and this place is far too addictive for me to be able to try and balance both.

Sorry for the disputes, the childish banter, and the generally frowned upon music I kept on raving about. I hope I will be missed, because I will miss this place that, for nearly two years, has been a lifeline.

But I have to move on, from not only this forum (which is my last frequented forum), but also from allowing music to be one of my top concerns.

Music is beautiful, but so are those close to me, my faith, and my future.

Cheers, and a lot of love to you all.

• Like 3

Ok.......so reading Segue's post i feel i should Say this too. I know i've been Scarce myself and this will come off as a one two punch here. but i myself am stepping down. I no longer feel myself as of late. And have been really down lately. I don't even really listen to music to much anymore. I feel like i'm just you know sinking. so i'm going to leave. i couldn't just go with no notice.

So to this forum thank you for 3 years. And the many friends i've made. This is most likely not goodbye forever. but more like till next time.

Oh......and VT And CA Will ALWAYS suck, lol

Mick

• Like 5

Ok.......so reading Segue's post i feel i should Say this too. I know i've been Scarce myself and this will come off as a one two punch here. but i myself am stepping down. I no longer feel myself as of late. And have been really down lately. I don't even really listen to music to much anymore. I feel like i'm just you know sinking. so i'm going to leave. i couldn't just go with no notice.

So to this forum thank you for 3 years. And the many friends i've made. This is most likely not goodbye forever. but more like till next time.

Mick

Mick,

I was so glad to see you back.

I wish you'd stick around as you are such a great addition here on TRF.

I enjoy your posts and thoughts on Music of Spheres.

I hope you know how much you've been missed here and how much you are cared for.

I consider myself fortunate to call you my friend.

• Like 4

I have a lot going on in life, and a lot of real world issues I have to deal with. My mental health is recovering, whilst in some aspects my physical health is declining (mainly mobility wise, but it isn't overly serious at this point).

There have been a great many fun times shared with others on this forum, and I am pleased to say my taste in music has been greatly enhanced by many recommendations from all you guys. So it will be sad to leave this place, but I have too.

Mick, Blue J, ReGor, Narps, Lorraine and others, I have enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know you all, but now I need to get on with my life, and this place is far too addictive for me to be able to try and balance both.

Sorry for the disputes, the childish banter, and the generally frowned upon music I kept on raving about. I hope I will be missed, because I will miss this place that, for nearly two years, has been a lifeline.

But I have to move on, from not only this forum (which is my last frequented forum), but also from allowing music to be one of my top concerns.

Segue...

Hang in there little brother.

Take some time and come on back.

Don't make me be the only Springsteen fanatic here!

Thanks for everything...

...glad you liked King's X and warmed up to Queen!

• Like 2

So sorry to see this, but I understand, and I applaud your judgement, in terms of recognizing what is best in order to take care of yourself.

I'll be in touch, my friend. I've told you before, and I meant it.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick!

I knew you'd been gone, but I didn't know you'd been back until I saw this...

You will be missed around here as well.

But I'd also like to think it's not just...the end, you know?

Take care and be well.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick,

I was so glad to see you back.

I wish you'd stick around as you are such a great addition here on TRF.

I enjoy your posts and thoughts on Music of Spheres.

I hope you know how much you've been missed here and how much you are cared for.

I consider myself fortunate to call you my friend.

This^^^. I am sad...
  • Like 2

So sorry to see this, but I understand, and I applaud your judgement, in terms of recognizing what is best in order to take care of yourself.

I'll be in touch, my friend. I've told you before, and I meant it.

This too^^^. It says it all...
  • Like 2

Mick

This breaks my heart. I wonder sometimes if it would have been better in life never to get close to anyone. There would be less pain that way when things like this happen.

Take good care of yourselves. :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Sorry to hear that both Segue and Mick are leaving. That leaves a big hole in music of the spheres since you both brought such a unique outlook, passion and diversity when it came to your musical tastes.

I hope someday you both will return but take all the time that you need. Just make sure everything feels right first before you decide to come back or not.

Take care and good luck to both of you :cheers:

• Like 5

I do believe it's time to take some time off from here. Too much going on in my life this week in particular and to be frank a couple holier than thou (one in particular), I am above these petty arguments etc members just getting on my very last nerve. We are here to have fun and respectful (hopefully but not always) debate about any number of things and subjects. When the David and Debbie downers roll in a bit to often and project themselves "above" all this it sickens me to be honest. Enjoy folks and see you around... :hi:
  • Like 5

I do believe it's time to take some time off from here. Too much going on in my life this week in particular and to be frank a couple holier than thou (one in particular), I am above these petty arguments etc members just getting on my very last nerve. We are here to have fun and respectful (hopefully but not always) debate about any number of things and subjects. When the David and Debbie downers roll in a bit to often and project themselves "above" all this it sickens me to be honest. Enjoy folks and see you around... :hi:

I understand completely and share your sentiments.

Take care and hope all goes well this week. :hug2:

• Like 1

Best wishes, Narps. I hope things go well for you this week.