100% SPOILER -- THE SETLIST THREAD

Jaminbenb

Setlist C is definitely my most preferred one, and it's the very set we got last night in Chicago!!! :)

Personally, I'll take YYZ AND Natural Science over Red Barchetta or The Camera Eye any day (it does help that YYZ is my favorite song from Moving Pictures of course). I got to hear my favorite two tracks from Clockwork (and the crowd went nuts over them), plus a surprising opener with The Anarchist (I thought for sure it would be Headlong Flight, but TA makes a sick opener indeed). Perhaps my least favorite songs of the night were The Main Monkey Business and Animate. TMMB didn't turn out very exciting and a lot of people left for it, and of course Animate just isn't one of my favorite tracks from Counterparts in general. However, I enjoyed both and Animate got a great crowd reaction! Set two definitely had more deep tracks than set one, but if I had to pick a decade of Rush's career that I wanted more deep tracks from, the seventies would definitely be the one. The only thing I prefer about any other setlist is BTW over DEW, as I thought ahead of time it would be awesome if they dusted that one off, but as with Animate people went nuts over DEW, even my dad since I managed to teach him to love the song in the past year (I basically just showed it to him). Subdivisions was a welcome surprise considering they opened with it last tour. I knew I'd love to hear it and I was right. RTB may be my least favorite Rush album, but I think the title track is officially by and far my favorite song from it, especially after hearing it live and laughing and singing with it. Honestly though, nothing was more madri-cal ( ;) ) than the entirety of set 2. EVERY SONG WAS KILLER! They played my favorite from MP (plus TS of course), three of my four first favorites from PeW, an awesome section of Cygnus X-1 Book II, my favorite bits of Book I (which is my favorite Rush song of all time ever) with a sick drum solo in the middle, the whole darn XA NA DU for crying out loud (my dad's favorite Rush song of all time ever), and the most essential parts of 2112 (whooooo!)! Not to mention they REALLY went deep with the encore. My dad didn't enjoy a couple of those as much, but he loved Working Man and Anthem, and I was astonished at Lakeside Park (Ged sounded great!) and What You're Doing.

I would rather have heard Stick It Out from CP but I gather I am probably in the minority on that. I thought they did a nice job with Animate though. :)

I agree, though I'd take Double Agent or Cut To The Chase as my top picks from CP, with Stick It Out in my top five.

As I understand it they did set A in Detroit and then broke the pattern that had been in place since the beginning of the tour by doing setlist A again the first night in Toronto.

If this is correct, what are the implications for the rest of the tour? If they continue an "ABCABC..." from here on out they would finish at the forum in LA with set C. But there's that break between the 2nd and 3rd legs of the tour, which presents another opportunity to change the set sequence. Historically they have often replaced some songs in their sets after breaks between legs.

I've already seen set A in ATL and wouldn't be disappointed if I ended up seeing that set again as all three sets are great and any new songs introduced to the sets would be exciting.

That said, I really want to see Natural Science (which they've been doing thus far as part of set C, the longest of the three sets).

Oh well. It is what it is. Maybe a new apparent set pattern will emerge as the tour continues.

Any thoughts? Anyone heard any credible buzz about setlist changes?

Expectations are high that "Losing It" will be played at some point because they've been heard playing it during soundcheck at several venues.

Edited by rftag

Setlist C is definitely my most preferred one, and it's the very set we got last night in Chicago!!! :)

Personally, I'll take YYZ AND Natural Science over Red Barchetta or The Camera Eye any day (it does help that YYZ is my favorite song from Moving Pictures of course). I got to hear my favorite two tracks from Clockwork (and the crowd went nuts over them), plus a surprising opener with The Anarchist (I thought for sure it would be Headlong Flight, but TA makes a sick opener indeed). Perhaps my least favorite songs of the night were The Main Monkey Business and Animate. TMMB didn't turn out very exciting and a lot of people left for it, and of course Animate just isn't one of my favorite tracks from Counterparts in general. However, I enjoyed both and Animate got a great crowd reaction! Set two definitely had more deep tracks than set one, but if I had to pick a decade of Rush's career that I wanted more deep tracks from, the seventies would definitely be the one. The only thing I prefer about any other setlist is BTW over DEW, as I thought ahead of time it would be awesome if they dusted that one off, but as with Animate people went nuts over DEW, even my dad since I managed to teach him to love the song in the past year (I basically just showed it to him). Subdivisions was a welcome surprise considering they opened with it last tour. I knew I'd love to hear it and I was right. RTB may be my least favorite Rush album, but I think the title track is officially by and far my favorite song from it, especially after hearing it live and laughing and singing with it. Honestly though, nothing was more madri-cal ( ;) ) than the entirety of set 2. EVERY SONG WAS KILLER! They played my favorite from MP (plus TS of course), three of my four first favorites from PeW, an awesome section of Cygnus X-1 Book II, my favorite bits of Book I (which is my favorite Rush song of all time ever) with a sick drum solo in the middle, the whole darn XA NA DU for crying out loud (my dad's favorite Rush song of all time ever), and the most essential parts of 2112 (whooooo!)! Not to mention they REALLY went deep with the encore. My dad didn't enjoy a couple of those as much, but he loved Working Man and Anthem, and I was astonished at Lakeside Park (Ged sounded great!) and What You're Doing.

We got setlist "B" in Boston, and I have to admit that I would have preferred "A" - Would have much preferred Red Barchetta over Camera Eye...

And they played BTW when I last saw them on the S&A tour... Would definitely have preferred DEW.

(Actually - would definitely have preferred Red Sector A, Afterimage or even Body Electric... but out of the 2, I would have preferred DEW - hadn't seen that since the HYF Tour)

Newark's got a new setlist. Set E. Basically Set B with Losing It replacing The Wreckers. Guest strings on Losing It was Jonathan Dinklege of the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble.

So they played The Anarchist and Clockwork Angels and then Losing right before Subdivisions?

I want Setlist E then for Vegas.....I must see that song live!!!!

Edited by Todem

Newark's got a new setlist. Set E. Basically Set B with Losing It replacing The Wreckers. Guest strings on Losing It was Jonathan Dinklege of the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble.

So they played The Anarchist and Clockwork Angels and then Losing right before Subdivisions?

I want Setlist E then for Vegas.....I must see that song live!!!!

No Clockwork Angels.

SET ONE

The Anarchist

Headlong Flght / drum solo

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Roll the Bones

Between the Wheels

Losing It

Subdivisions

SET TWO

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Hemispheres: Prelude

Cygnus X-1 / drum solo

Closer to the Heart

Xanadu

ENCORE

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man

I really don't know what to expect now. I saw setlist A in Atlanta, and was hoping to see setlist C in Portland. But now who knows. If they are now going to do a 4 set rotation (A, B, C, E) I would get E in Portland, which would be great. But there is also another 10 day break coming up and who knows what the setlist rotation will be after that.

If it ends up being setlist A again in Portland I'll still have a blast. But it would be nice to see another set.

You would think they'd do Camera Eye in Manhattan (MSG), but since they just did it last show who knows.

Has anyone made "d" and "e" setlists up? and if so shouldn't the mod's update the first post? (since I don't get to edit after 24 or so hours)

There's actually an F setlist now also, after the last show.

• Like 1

Setlist Version D

Set 1:

Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)

Between the Wheels

Losing It (with Ben Mink)

Subdivisions

Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)

Set 2:

Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Natural Science

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Prologue

Drum Solo

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3

Closer To The Heart

Xanadu (double neck guitars)

2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale

Encore:

Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

Setlist Version E

Set 1:

The Anarchist

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Between the Wheels

Losing It (with Jonathan Dinklage)

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Setlist Version F

Set 1:

The Anarchist

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Distant Early Warning

Losing It (with Jonathan Dinklage)

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

• Like 3

Has anyone made "d" and "e" setlists up? and if so shouldn't the mod's update the first post? (since I don't get to edit after 24 or so hours)

If you type them up like you did for the first three, I will add them to the opening post.

Done.

• Like 1

If you type them up like you did for the first three, I will add them to the opening post.

Done.

Added.

• Like 1

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh no...we got the Signals-sized clapping!

Perfect Setlist for me would be Setlist B (The Wreckers is SO good live) with Natural Science replacing or in addition to Animate. Come to think of it I'd like to see Cut to the Chase or Stick it Out instead of Animate as well.