Spolier.... this song?????

nicky6

Why is it that some in most cases informed dicussion regarding Rush and things that surround them considered a bitchfest? Just don't get why likes and dislikes and preferences etc can't be discussed without that always rearing its head? Just wondering out loud... :)

Being an internet discussion board is the mainly why this happens. We can't tell the person's tone by reading it, so when they say something negative or something we don't agree with, often times we hear it in a negative tone in our heads. So, it comes off as bitching to a lot of people when in reality, the person was just stating a different opinion. I've never had a face to face discussion with a Rush fan that ever got heated in anyway. We would share our opinions in a civil matter and discuss them. Unfortunately, with the internet the intent behind the comment often gets taken the wrong way and it leads to more heated debates than it should.

We need more smileys. Especially one for sarcasm. The one we have rarely gets used and isn't obvious enough. :sarcastic:

http://www.shootersl...section=legends

help yourselves

I spent years collecting them for my site

I saw this one, and I was all like:

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cretin2.gif

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ack.gif

Why is it that some in most cases informed dicussion regarding Rush and things that surround them considered a bitchfest? Just don't get why likes and dislikes and preferences etc can't be discussed without that always rearing its head? Just wondering out loud... :)

Being an internet discussion board is the mainly why this happens. We can't tell the person's tone by reading it, so when they say something negative or something we don't agree with, often times we hear it in a negative tone in our heads. So, it comes off as bitching to a lot of people when in reality, the person was just stating a different opinion. I've never had a face to face discussion with a Rush fan that ever got heated in anyway. We would share our opinions in a civil matter and discuss them. Unfortunately, with the internet the intent behind the comment often gets taken the wrong way and it leads to more heated debates than it should.

We need more smileys. Especially one for sarcasm. The one we have rarely gets used and isn't obvious enough. :sarcastic:

http://www.shootersl...section=legends

help yourselves

I spent years collecting them for my site

We need all of those here. :LOL: But I didn't see a single sarcasm one unless I missed it.

Hmm, I think I may have deleted a few on the last update. There were three named sarcasm

• Like 1

How it is made me scratch my fuggin head, seriously. It's like someone was playing ESL and ripped the needle across the damn turntable http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/124.gif

Can you please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

• Like 1

I haven't heard Bastille Day live in so long, I don't even remember when (maybe it was part of a medley in '81 the first time I saw the band, and maybe that's it). Boo hoo. I'm there to see the band when I go, not to see one song or another. Honestly if you expect a band with 20 albums to only play songs you like, then you are living in fantasy land. It's not about you. You are not all the fans, you're just one of a shitload. if one person in the entire arena wants to hear a song, and the band wants to play it, so be it. The band has gotten by without catering to anyone in particular except themselves. Luckily for them, that worked out well, and enough people are happy with that to keep showing up and buying albums. They can't please every fan simultaneously. No matter what the setlist is, there will be at least one fan who hates it, and probably a lot more than one.
  • Like 6

I love the entire Vapor Trails album and I like How It Is (and The Stars Look Down, for that matter) better than One Little Victory which means I am SO SO GLAD I was able to see the band perform it! Plus, they've never played How It Is live before, AND WE GOT TO SEE IT!

Sheesh, Rush gives us a setlist better than anyone would have ever expected and people still poop all over it.

VT would not be on my top ten list, but How It Is hits a note on THIS tour. I admire Rush for always trying to play songs that have never or rarely been played before.This setlist is their best in 34 years (for me).

x1, thank you for answering my question about that song for the Austin show. I really want that thread to disappear. So cool you and other Rush fans are traveling throughout the country to commemorate this historic, celebratory and melancholic tour.

• Like 2

I agree...

One man likes a song...and another doesn't. What's the problem with that.

I wonder if on the onion forums, the red onion lovers complain about the white onion lovers?

Another interesting thing, is the persistence of some Rush fans to repeatedly express the disliked aspects of a band they like.

I understand that to debate, discuss and critique are viable parts of a forum...but one would think the positives would and should outweigh and outplay the negatives.

• Like 2

I'm sick of it too.

Another interesting thing, is the persistence of some Rush fans to repeatedly express the disliked aspects of a band they like.

I understand that to debate, discuss and critique are viable parts of a forum...but one would think the positives would and should outweigh and outplay the negatives.

This right here. Why are some people repeatedly vocal about the Rush stuff they do not like? Most of us don't like everything the band has done, and that's fine. And sometimes it's appropriate to mention that. But why interject "I don't like {whatever}" unless it directly relates to the subject at hand? (This is getting slightly off-topic, but it's something I've noticed a lot of and I wonder why people do it.)

• Like 1

I really enjoyed How It Is in Austin. I was hoping to get some never heard VT songs. Also, Alex played it on an absolutely gorgeous 12-string PRS. Sounded great!
  • Like 2