Spolier.... this song?????

nicky6

spoiler don't read.............

How it is?? really? I hate that song. out of all the songs they could have picked this is my worse song off VT, wish they would have done "the stars looks down" instead, but this? this doesn't even sound like a RUSH song... oh well,,, I would have even liked the actual song "vapor trail" instead...

THEY'RE PLAYING A SONG THAT HAS NEVER BEEN PLAYED LIVE

Holy hell!

Some people really are only happy when they're miserable!!!!!

I can't wait to see the bitchfest when they bust out Losing It FFS.

• Like 17

Absolutely nothing wrong with How It Is. Most of VT is very good. Sure, they could have played a better song off it but it's still cool that they're playing a good deep cut on their final tour. They didn't have to do that at all. Honestly, The Stars Look Down is one of the biggest stinkers they've ever recorded. Easily the worst song on VT.

In general, I'm up for any song added that hasn't been played live before. How it is was a big surprise...I'd love to hear Vapor Trail.
  • Like 4

Why is it that some in most cases informed dicussion regarding Rush and things that surround them considered a bitchfest? Just don't get why likes and dislikes and preferences etc can't be discussed without that always rearing its head? Just wondering out loud... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 6

Holy hell!

Only difference is, thousands upon thousands of fans have been waiting for Losing it to be performed live for 30 years. The 9 dweebs who have been writing Geddy about How it is can go piss up a rope

Why is it that some in most cases informed dicussion regarding Rush and things that surround them considered a bitchfest? Just don't get why likes and dislikes and preferences etc can't be discussed without that always rearing its head? Just wondering out loud... :)

we're Rush fans, fickle bitches, one and all :)

Holy hell!

Only difference is, thousands upon thousands of fans have been waiting for Losing it to be performed live for 30 years. The 9 dweebs who have been writing Geddy about How it is can go piss up a rope

We have also been waiting for Jacob's Ladder, and now we got that on the set-list...so.... Be happy with what you get! It's nothing wrong with How It Is!

• Like 2

This is hilarious....RUSH IS F***ING TOURING! They could be covering Adele (like Hetfield, did) and I'd be thrilled!

They are playing stuff they've never played, haven't played in years, and there's possibly more to come....JUST ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!!!

• Like 4

I love the entire Vapor Trails album and I like How It Is (and The Stars Look Down, for that matter) better than One Little Victory which means I am SO SO GLAD I was able to see the band perform it! Plus, they've never played How It Is live before, AND WE GOT TO SEE IT!

Sheesh, Rush gives us a setlist better than anyone would have ever expected and people still poop all over it.

• Like 10

I am happy that I will most likely be getting Set B in New Orleans, and will get to see/ hear HOW IT IS... I think it is great that they are pulling a song never played live before, and some that haven't been played in 35+ years (Jacob's Ladder, Lakeside Park, What You're Doing, etc.)

There is not a single song by the group that I do not like!

For all I care, they could play the following, and I would be ecstatic: :haz:

How It Is

Tai Shan

Limbo

Rivendell

You Bet Your Life

Red Tide

Before And After

Losing It

Madrigal

High Water

Alien Shore

The Garden

We Hold On

Thank you Geddy, Alex, and Neil for the 41 years of music, and the soundtrack to my life!

Edited by rushbass
  • Like 5

Why is it that some in most cases informed dicussion regarding Rush and things that surround them considered a bitchfest? Just don't get why likes and dislikes and preferences etc can't be discussed without that always rearing its head? Just wondering out loud... :)

There's a difference between bitching and expressing an opinion in a non-insulting way.

For example: I'd rather they play a song from T4E than CP.

CF: Animate is the worst song ever and only an idiot would want to hear it live. The band is so f***ing stupid, why can't they play good music rather than this horseshit.

The OP is closer to the second example than the first.

• Like 1

Being an internet discussion board is the mainly why this happens. We can't tell the person's tone by reading it, so when they say something negative or something we don't agree with, often times we hear it in a negative tone in our heads. So, it comes off as bitching to a lot of people when in reality, the person was just stating a different opinion. I've never had a face to face discussion with a Rush fan that ever got heated in anyway. We would share our opinions in a civil matter and discuss them. Unfortunately, with the internet the intent behind the comment often gets taken the wrong way and it leads to more heated debates than it should.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

Being an internet discussion board is the mainly why this happens. We can't tell the person's tone by reading it, so when they say something negative or something we don't agree with, often times we hear it in a negative tone in our heads. So, it comes off as bitching to a lot of people when in reality, the person was just stating a different opinion. I've never had a face to face discussion with a Rush fan that ever got heated in anyway. We would share our opinions in a civil matter and discuss them. Unfortunately, with the internet the intent behind the comment often gets taken the wrong way and it leads to more heated debates than it should.

We need more smileys. Especially one for sarcasm. The one we have rarely gets used and isn't obvious enough. :sarcastic:

Edited by EagleMoon

We need more smileys. Especially one for sarcasm. The one we have rarely gets used and isn't obvious enough. :sarcastic:

Wait . . . are you being sarcastic? :sarcastic: Wait . . . am I?

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends

help yourselves

I spent years collecting them for my site

http://www.shootersl...section=legends

help yourselves

We need all of those here. :LOL: But I didn't see a single sarcasm one unless I missed it.

I for one really like How It Is and am glad to hear it live. :sundog:

ditto

http://www.shootersl...section=legends

help yourselves

I saw this one, and I was all like:

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cretin2.gif