If you had this choice, this new tour or MP 1981???

nicky6

I just looked at the setlist for the MP tour. There are ten or eleven songs in common with R40 (although all are not played every night this tour). Although I would miss Beneath, Between, & Behind (which I love) I would take the R40 tour over the MP tour. And I'll take it from the first row, not the sixth :P
  • Like 1

I'd take this tour. Best of both world, plus I'd miss Jacobs Ladder and Cygnus. MP was a great setlist though.

2112: Overture

Freewill

Limelight

Hemispheres: Prelude

Beneath, Between, Behind

The Camera Eye

YYZ / Drum Solo

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Xanadu

DISC 2

The Spirit of Radio

Red Barchetta

Closer to the Heart

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

Natural Science

Working Man

Hemispheres: Armageddon

Bytor and the Snow Dog

In the End

In the Mood

2112: Finale

La Villa Strangiato

This Tour! Specially the CA Stuff and Subdivsion and Distant Early Warning are two of my favorites. I just love the first set which would not even exist in the MP tour. Is it Perfect no, But Neither was the MP Tour. Jacobs Ladder is the defining song. Give me the best of both worlds. R40 all the way.
  • Like 3

Back for the MP Tour I spent the night outside the local record store, The Wherehouse I believe, and bought 10 tickets. I got 9th row, 10 seats in a row. Myself and nine friends had the time of our lives (the magic mushrooms may have helped)....We were teenagers, all in a Rush nerd group. Seeing The Camera Eye was an 'out of body experience'...we were young and alive and on top of the world.

You can never take that day away....

If I could live it all again...

Moving Pictures without a doubt.

Rush at the height of their talent and good looks.

I failed to mention their good looks in my rant earlier in the thread. Indeed their good looks... ;)

Moving Pictures without a doubt.

Rush at the height of their talent and good looks.

I failed to mention their good looks in my rant earlier in the thread. Indeed their good looks... ;)

Well, it was the height of their good looks. To my taste. Undoubtedly, other women will disagree, but to me - Geddy looked his most handsome and Neil's face was absolutely classic and Alex was...well...Alex. :) Only a lot thinner. :LOL:

I'd take MP after all, but nothing to argue about R40 setlist. Not intrigued by their looks, but I'd welcome the 1981 beer price!

Having only seen them once live, I would gladly take anything. However, IF I could go back to the Moving Pictures tour, I would absolutely do it in a heart beat just to experience the band at their peak.