If you had this choice, this new tour or MP 1981???

nicky6

If you had your way. would you see this one r40, or a 6 rows away from the stage moving pictures show from 1981?? I personally would take the 81 show.. It what everyone else would probably want too...
  • Like 3

And besides, Geddy´s voice is really good during this tour, a lot better then it was during Clockwork Angels Tour. It sounds rested and fresh.

You have a real time machine? Would anyone not chose to be 34 years younger, even for one day?

Well, since my first Tour was HYF (1988), I would chose MP for sure! ;)

But, while we are at it, I might as well go back to the St. Louis show on February 14, 1980, or even further back to the Hemispheres Tour, and see them in Offenbach, Germany on May 28,1979! :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

I would rather see this R40 Tour... it has my dream set-list!

And besides, Geddy´s voice is really good during this tour, a lot better then it was during Clockwork Angels Tour. It sounds rested and fresh.

You are serious? What do you think that setlist in 81 was start to finish? It just seems you are dreaming sometimes. Also you get Ged's best voice in his prime and not the one that sounds "really good" and "a lot better" than the last tour. Really good and a lot better are still miles away from 81'. Just my opinion. I am obviously going to this tour in 9 days and wouldn't miss it for the world but to see them in their prime again would be a no brainer and I saw them every year from 79' - 87'. Oh to see that just one more time. Having said all that have it your way obviously if you would prefer to see them a shadow of their former selves...
  • Like 3

There were no "rows" back in '81 and only general admission on the floor. :) I saw the MP tour and I agree it was glorious. I suppose I'd choose to go back to have a chance to see them again but it would be a mixed bag of feelings for what used to be and can never be again.
  • Like 2

quote name='nicky6' timestamp='1431887912' post='3562613']

If you had your way. would you see this one r40, or a 6 rows away from the stage moving pictures show from 1981?? I personally would take the 81 show.. It what everyone else would probably want too...

:sigh:

Wrong again, as the "I hate everything after MP" crowd usually is when thinking their opinion is the only one.

I'll take R40 from row 16 thank you:

30+ minutes more music

Video production

Killer setlist. Beneath Between and Behind, Broon's Bane, In The End and In the Mood are all weaker songs to me than anything on R40. Plus getting Presentation and What You're Doing on R40 is the knockout punch. MP is an excellent set... but R40 is better :D-13:

• Like 1

I would actually love a second chance at getting to see the Permanent Waves tour! The friends of mine that offered me their extra ticket weren't "good enough" for my father (He didn't "know" them, and therefore didn't "trust" them) So I had to pass on it!

The ironic part was that the people that he did "trust" were the ones that he shouldn't have trusted because they were bigger partiers!

So I WOULD love to go back and see an old show! I had to wait until Grace Under Pressure, and by then songs were getting a little shorter....

[it's] what everyone else would probably want too...

You are probably trolling.

Having seen both, I'd take the one I don't actually remember in detail. I don't wish that I could live everything again, but those 2-2.5 hours are something I wish I could.

I can't imagine it would be any better though...R40 was damn near perfect.