This Song was performed differently for Austin, TX?

GabesCavesOfIce

I was watching fast eddies feed last nite (thanks Eddie!). Unless I fell asleep and had this most wondrous dream, I swear Ged was singing part of Cygnus in Austin on May 16th? When I was watching (or dreaming, R40 live streaming can still be a dream?) Ged was definitely signing Cygnus before the drum solo in Austin. This would be a monumental change to the show? Saw nothing about this last nite on RIAB.

I also re watched Cygnus from STL, as I remembered, the early R40 Cygnus version was all instrumental.

Just re read the Austin TRF thread around the Cygnus timing, seems that's when Steph's feed cut out. I did not see any comments about this in the topic. Still a little bit on Bob ;) I believe I have seen the second set scope for three of the five shows, so, was this new, Ged singing Cygnus, or was it only a dream?

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Didn't read your actual post, but great spoiler in the thread title. Brilliant. :facepalm: Thanks for reminding me to keep the mobile skin on so I don't see the new thread titles.
  • Like 2

Didn't read your actual post, but great spoiler in the thread title. Brilliant. :facepalm: Thanks for reminding me to keep the mobile skin on so I don't see the new thread titles.

To be fair, he DID say he might have been dreaming... :wacko:

Your post should be a cue to those who think that everyone who doesn't want spoilers should just stay off of TRF until they see the show so people shouldn't be limited to what they can say to certain areas and observe certain conventions to spring into action...

• Like 2

Your post should be a cue to those who think that everyone who doesn't want spoilers should just stay off of TRF until they see the show so people shouldn't be limited to what they can say to certain areas and observe certain conventions to spring into action...

Again, I didn't read the actual post so I apologize for setting myself off. Seeing a tour related title with a song name in it was heart wrenching...

For some reason my Chrome isn't storing the cookie to leave the mobile skin on, so I gotta keep remembering to change it whenever I open up Chrome.

Sorry, Gabriel!

Edited by BowlCity

Again, I didn't read the actual post so I apologize for setting myself off. Seeing a tour related title with a song name in it was heart wrenching...

For some reason my Chrome isn't storing the cookie to leave the mobile skin on, so I gotta keep remembering to change it whenever I open up Chrome.

Sorry, Gabriel!

You must be 90 to care. Only old people hate spoilers so they can relive the concert memories of their youth. You'd better hurry up and graduate before you die.

• Like 1

Again this is why I would never start a spoiler thread. I just know I would f**k it up somehow... :)
  • Like 3

Sorry, Gabriel!

No BC, you bailed me out. I use mobile skin, and new content all the time, I should have known. And was able to change title quickly thanks to you. Really glad I checked. Also, I didn't say WHICH CYGNUS!

We had my daughters bday party at the house yesterday. My brother and I were discussing the setlist in detail, and had to shut up every time my sis in law walked in the room. It gave her a complex. She gave in and said go ahead, keep talking, but we changed our discussion for her many times. I don't get the spoiler thing. To spend the three measly hours of show time with the last tour and it seems barren to me, but I want to respect that those that choose to wait.

Again, many thanks BC, you bailed me out big time!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

Sorry, Gabriel!

No BC, you bailed me out. I use mobile skin, and new content all the time, I should have known. And was able to change title quickly thanks to you. Really glad I checked. Also, I didn't say WHICH CYGNUS!

We had my daughters bday party at the house yesterday. My brother and I were discussing the setlist in detail, and had to shut up every time my sis in law walked in the room. It gave her a complex. She gave in and said go ahead, keep talking, but we changed our discussion for her many times. I don't get the spoiler thing. To spend the three measly hours of show time with the last tour and it seems barren to me, but I want to respect that those that choose to wait.

It's precisely BECAUSE it's the last tour I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Apart from the R30 tour, which was my first concert, I've known the setlist going into each tour, and I want to go in blind once now that I know what knowing the setlist is like. Not knowing it will make it more exciting, especially since I hear they're swapping songs around.

For realz though, this thread is why there's a pinned thread at the top of the subforum instructing HOW to post spoilers.

No worries :cheers:

Edited by BowlCity

Sorry, Gabriel!

It's precisely BECAUSE it's the last tour I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Apart from the R30 tour, which was my first concert, I've known the setlist going into each tour, and I want to go in blind once now that I know what knowing the setlist is like. Not knowing it will make it more exciting, especially since I hear they're swapping songs around.

For realz though, this thread is why there's a pinned thread at the top of the subforum instructing HOW to post spoilers.

Was just looking to share an awkward vibe at my daughters bday party, not dis the anti spoiler crowd. I intended to respect those that choose to wait, and I am grateful you bailed me out quickly and I didn't go for a 3 mile walk and missed you post, I woulda been bummed.

It's interesting that sports are also a live event, yet you could never expect someone to respect the comment, "don't spoil it, I have it on dvr for later." They always blurt out the score.

Concerts still have some of that old era, pre internet vibe to it, when we never knew the details, which is very cool. Ironically, R40 is big news, being reported on in many publications, with setlist details, similar to a sporting event.

Like Mr Narps said, this is why I usually don't start topics. Also, I did not say which song...there are two different parts, and it looks like they changed it up drastically last nite. Still tons of mystery with this song, even for those who know. Now I created a non spoiler topic in a spoiler thread. I'm a genius.

I hope someone at least caught this change to the show.

• Like 1

Sorry, Gabriel!

You must be 90 to care. Only old people hate spoilers so they can relive the concert memories of their youth. You'd better hurry up and graduate before you die.

:LOL: make fun of the normal people all you want, but you and BC are the ones who didn't want the "plot" of a rock concert ruined for you.

Sorry, Gabriel!

:LOL: make fun of the normal people all you want, but you and BC are the ones who didn't want the "plot" of a rock concert ruined for you.

Even if I thought it was silly, I'd respect others' preferences. The fact that you don't may make you "normal", but it says a lot of other things about you, too. None of them flattering.

It's interesting that sports are also a live event, yet you could never expect someone to respect the comment, "don't spoil it, I have it on dvr for later." They always blurt out the score.

Why can't you expect this? I do it all of the time, and people have enough respect not to blurt out the outcome....without fail. My son understood this concept when he was 12.

• Like 1

In my early morning haze I was actually thinking of last nites show as a news event. Where every one is reporting that "nothing new happened" and I was checking various news sources because I believe something dramatically different did occur. I checked a few of the blogs and TRF since the show ended and they were all "reporting" Austin's list was as expected.

For a brief second, I forgot about the spoiler issue, in that the title would leak over to the new content thread. I should have known. I wish there was a way to prevent mistakes, or completely rope off the current "news" aspect to this tour. Mistakes will always happen. No new threads for me Mr N!

• Like 1

You must be 90 to care. Only old people hate spoilers so they can relive the concert memories of their youth.

I'm 53 years of age. I'm not old. I DO care about spoilers. I don't want to know what's coming, specifically because I like to be surprised. I have no need to relive the concert memories of my youth. I like the concert that I'm experiencing NOW.

I'm disciplined enough to visit The Rush Forum without peeking at the Tour subforums. There are plenty of other subforums to visit.

• Like 3

Why can't you expect this? I do it all of the time, and people have enough respect not to blurt out the outcome....without fail. My son understood this concept when he was 12.

People often blurt out the score, to the point if I dvr a game, I make sure I am on ""lockdown" early in the game. My point was I change my behavior, where I go, what I do. But for a sports event, I only need to do that for a few hours.

The last NY Giant Super Bowl, I was ONE MINUTE behind live action. When the Giants won, folks were setting off fireworks. The end was spoiled. So I know very well what it's like to be on the other side.

For a brief second I was thinking of last nites show as a news event. It was live streamed, setlist details have been widely reported on professional news publications and sites.

I forgot the title would bleed out onto the non spoiler thread. I apologize for doing that. I hope there is still enough mystery about this one song, even for me who has seen it on the stream, that was possibly changed mid tour, to preserve a some mystery. There are also multiple songs with this word in it, and multiple parts to each, so there is still plenty to not know about with this one particular word with respect to R40.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

You must be 90 to care. Only old people hate spoilers so they can relive the concert memories of their youth.

I'm 53 years of age. I'm not old. I DO care about spoilers. I don't want to know what's coming, specifically because I like to be surprised. I have no need to relive the concert memories of my youth. I like the concert that I'm experiencing NOW.

I'm disciplined enough to visit The Rush Forum without peeking at the Tour subforums. There are plenty of other subforums to visit.

I was being sarcastic. I completely agree with you. Unfortunately someone (the person whom I was parodying and someone who has posted in this thread) posted a spoiler in SOCN in a thread about whether the atomic bombs dropped on Japan were justified. I'm glad the anticipation wasn't ruined for you.

People often blurt out the score, to the point if I dvr a game, I make sure I am on ""lockdown" early in the game. My point was I change my behavior, where I go, what I do. But for a sports event, I only need to do that for a few hours.

The last NY Giant Super Bowl, I was ONE MINUTE behind live action. When the Giants won, folks were setting off fireworks. The end was spoiled. So I know very well what it's like to be on the other side.

For a brief second I was thinking of last nites show as a news event. It was live streamed, setlist details have been widely reported on professional news publications and sites.

I forgot the title would bleed out onto the non spoiler thread. I apologize for doing that. I hope there is still enough mystery about this one song, even for me who has seen it on the stream, that was possibly changed mid tour, to preserve a some mystery. There are also multiple songs with this word in it, and multiple parts to each, so there is still plenty to not know about with this one particular word with respect to R40.

It's all good. Everyone makes mistakes and the fact that you realize it was one and apologized for it makes you a good guy in my book. :cheers:

• Like 1

I was being sarcastic. I completely agree with you. Unfortunately someone (the person whom I was parodying and someone who has posted in this thread) posted a spoiler in SOCN in a thread about whether the atomic bombs dropped on Japan were justified. I'm glad the anticipation wasn't ruined for you.

Well, damnit, you should have dropped an atomic spoiler bomb to warn me about the pending sarcasm. I'm getting pretty old, so sarcasm eludes me ..... :o :P :LOL:

• Like 1

Sorry, Gabriel!

Was just looking to share an awkward vibe at my daughters bday party, not dis the anti spoiler crowd. I intended to respect those that choose to wait, and I am grateful you bailed me out quickly and I didn't go for a 3 mile walk and missed you post, I woulda been bummed.

Concerts still have some of that old era, pre internet vibe to it, when we never knew the details, which is very cool. Ironically, R40 is big news, being reported on in many publications, with setlist details, similar to a sporting event.

Like Mr Narps said, this is why I usually don't start topics. Also, I did not say which song...there are two different parts, and it looks like they changed it up drastically last nite. Still tons of mystery with this song, even for those who know. Now I created a non spoiler topic in a spoiler thread. I'm a genius.

I hope someone at least caught this change to the show.

You're joking about sports scores, right? I do that all the time, and receive many requests from friends not to spoil their watching of the game.

• Like 1

People inadvertently spoil sports scores all the time for me. The Giants SB spoiler above really happened for me.

I was thinking of the Austin show as if it were a news story. All the major outlets were saying no surprises, and I'm pretty sure there was a huge surprise.

Well, damnit, you should have dropped an atomic spoiler bomb to warn me about the pending sarcasm. I'm getting pretty old, so sarcasm eludes me ..... :o :P :LOL:

Sorry...:cheers:

thing is most folks would see Cygnus in the tread title and think: "oh ya, another 12 second tease of that at the end of YYZ or something...fock off eh?!?"

Yeah. Really only took one comment to note the issue. To answer the original question, there probably weren't any lyrics sung since the part they before the solo play doesn't have any.