The reason why Rush will come to Europe as well

YYZumbi

I wasn't suggesting it to be a big deal or any kind of hoopla. The tickets are already sold. Just say it. I am not asking, but I have the right as a fan to hope for a little more. Especially due to your lack of clarity.

Three. Simple. Words.

Those words aren't being spoken because it is NOT black and white.

Mostly everyone in this situation would say something about such an important milestone. It's something to be celebrated.

All the interviews now are leaking hope for a future, however scaled back. Is that appropriate if you wish to retire, Neil?

If this were any other band, they would add a Portnoy or another fine drummer and call themselves Leefson, or LLP.

But not Rush. They are held to a different standard than the typical rock heroes. For some reason. They earned it?

I have left the last 15 shows I went to thinking it could be the last one I see. Everything since Neil's hiatus is gravy. I get to go see Rush one more time next week. If I get the opportunity again, great. If not, it's been a great 35 years. I am cool with whatever they decide-I think they deserve that respect in return for their efforts.

I have left the last 15 shows I went to thinking it could be the last one I see. Everything since Neil's hiatus is gravy. I get to go see Rush one more time next week. If I get the opportunity again, great. If not, it's been a great 35 years. I am cool with whatever they decide-I think they deserve that respect in return for their efforts.

We are almost in full agreement, but then you insinuate those hoping for a little more of a future is somehow disrespectful in your eyes.

Its your right to support retirement. Its not your right to insinuate that other fans are disrespectful for hoping for a small/limited future from the band. Something two members of the band have publicly expressed interest in.

By your logic, Ged and Al are both being disrespectful to themselves.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

We are almost in full agreement, but then you insinuate those hoping for a little more of a future is somehow disrespectful in your eyes.

Its your right to support retirement. Its not your right to insinuate that other fans are disrespectful for hoping for a small/limited future from the band. Something two members of the band have publicly expressed interest in.

Everyone's opinion should be respected. I love that we are given, through these interviews, some of the inside band communication/thought about what is happening. Until recently, this was uncommon.

My guesses are that there's at least one more album (The Garden has made me pine for more of their softer side) and, more remotely, they may do a stand at Massey Hall or Radio City if they get the itch to play any (all) of it live.

Looks like Geddy will push for R40 Europe and I expect that will happen unless something unforseen occurs. 20 or so dates with a multi-night at Hammersmith or Earl's Court would be awesome.

What I mean to say is that I will respect whatever decision is made. I am hopeful that they won't hang it up completely.Right now it is being projected as being up in the air but I am not so sure. They stated many times in the past that they will never announce a final tour as actually being a final tour. They have been nebulous about it all along which gives them the freedom to NOT decide or declare anything. That also ends up being frustrating for all of us. If they choose not to decide, they still have made a choice.

My gut says that Neil will be the decider. Alex would probably yield to Geddy but Neil is the new guy. He holds all the cards and has since he decided to come back.

FC, I agree with your last post. This part of the discussion veered from my enthusiasm with how well the band sounded in TX and hoping for a little more after R40. There seems to be a "retirement police" component in TRF. Maybe folks affiliated with the band, maybe not.

At times, the retirement police can get a little heavy handed with those hoping for a little bit of a future.

Whatever decision they reach, I respect, but will always hope for a little more.

I wasn't suggesting it to be a big deal or any kind of hoopla. The tickets are already sold. Just say it. I am not asking, but I have the right as a fan to hope for a little more. Especially due to your lack of clarity.

Three. Simple. Words.

Those words aren't being spoken because it is NOT black and white.

Mostly everyone in this situation would say something about such an important milestone. It's something to be celebrated.

All the interviews now are leaking hope for a future, however scaled back. Is that appropriate if you wish to retire, Neil?

If this were any other band, they would add a Portnoy or another fine drummer and call themselves Leefson, or LLP.

But not Rush. They are held to a different standard than the typical rock heroes. For some reason. They earned it?

Why do you keep calling me Neil? I'm not Neil. Trust me, Neil has ZERO time or motive to look at, much less post within, a fanboy forum.

Fan rights. LOL. Mkay. We're done here.

• Like 1

Its a bit of humor VS as you seem to take the retirement issue so intensely. A fan wouldn't be so insistent, perhaps you own the nearest wine store in Monica so the 2016 Europe R41 would eat into sales. The Macallan.

of course fans have the right to hope for something they wish may occur.

Edit....

Europe fans, pause for hope!! I'm rooting for y'all!

From the teamrock.com interview with Alex n Ged-

Alex: Well, like I said, you never know what will happen. But I’ll say one thing: Geddy feels it’s important that we go back at this time to the UK, to acknowledge the support you’ve given us for all these years. And I agree with him.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Speaking as a fan who has only seen them once and got into them 10 years ago, I think it's natural that I'd be among the people who want to see more from the band. I don't see that as being disrespectful; I'm merely keeping my fingers crossed I get to see one of my all-time favorite bands live again, and would love to see another album as I loved Clockwork Angels.

If it's too painful or uncomfortable to continue making music for Neil and Alex, then of course I support that and completely understand that. Right now, it seems that Alex and Neil are having a tough time, so they shouldn't tour again if it's not enjoyable for them. I would only ever support a European tour (or whatever else may come in the future) ONLY if the guys were completely up for it. From what Mr. Bard has said, this is not the case, so I guess it won't happen. ;)

Still, those recent comments from Alex do spark a bit of optimism in me, and it was nice to hear regardless of what happens. :)

Edited by CountFloyd84

Speaking as a fan who has only seen them once and got into them 10 years ago, I think it's natural that I'd be among the people who want to see more from the band. I don't see that as being disrespectful; I'm merely keeping my fingers crossed I get to see one of my all-time favorite bands live again, and would love to see another album as I loved Clockwork Angels.

If it's too painful or uncomfortable to continue making music for Neil and Alex, then of course I support that and completely understand that. Right now, it seems that Alex and Neil are having a tough time, so they shouldn't tour again if it's not enjoyable for them. I would only ever support a European tour (or whatever else may come in the future) ONLY if the guys were completely up for it.

Still, those recent comments from Alex do spark a bit of optimism in me, and it was nice to hear regardless of what happens. :)

CF, that's precisely what makes this difficult to predict. They could easily tell the media they have no idea what is coming up after these R40 dates, yet they instead ponder potential details interview after interview. We could fill a page with all the mentions of UK return being important, RCMH, Massey, new recordings, etc. All from different interviews. I fully agree if the ailments are too much, it's time to toast a special career. Until then, there is room for hope.

How much money does it cost Rush to bring their show to Europe?

Anyone know?

Their accountant.

Anyone know?

i feel for our fellow UK and European Rush fans!

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall reading they make very little profit when touring UK and Europe as it is so expensive to transport their show across the pond.

After seeing them in Tampa last week (which was awesome), I felt Alex and Neil both looked very "literally" tired. And after reading their respective narratives in the R40 tourbook, sadly, it looks like the end of the line. That being said, I think they deserve to enjoy the rest of their lives with their families.

Of course they do. But I don't get the impression they want to 100% close shop forever just yet. Touring yes...perhaps some limited run gigs, maybe yes maybe no. But seems the three of them do wish to record again.

Of course they do. But I don't get the impression they want to 100% close shop forever just yet. Touring yes...perhaps some limited run gigs, maybe yes maybe no. But seems the three of them do wish to record again.

I agree. Only end of line for touring.

It's not closing up shop forever. I still think we'll get at least another album. gigs here and there are a question mark. cause if Neil decides it's over for gigs........ya won't change his mind, lol

Mick

I think they'll do at least a few shows on the other side of the pond. The only reason impo they have not announced any dates yet is because they want to see how they feel after this North American tour is concluded to determine how much they will be able to handle. I am sure Neil would love to take his daughter to see the old world and Alex the same for his grand kids. They could do a family vacation and earn a few extra Euros to pay for the adventure. After all Europe has been to good to them to be neglected. I see at least 8 maybe 10 shows spread across 5 countries over there. Maybe even one in Rio... You heard it here 1st

Anyone know?

Yeah... a LOT. It would take more than a few shows to cover costs. But it's a mute point. When this tour is over, they're done forever.

I would say 60% (or more) of the members here would argue with you about that.

I'm not one of them.

It's the last stretch, boys and girls. If the press statements to date haven't convinced you, look at the stage vibe these last several beginning shows on the tour.

It's really not that hard to see.

They're ready. Going out on top is a luxury few bands can afford. But they can. And they will.

Edited by Bard