The ignored album live

The K Man

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed they are ignoring Test for Echo; I thought they would have swapped a Vapor Trails song for something like Driven, Resist or the title track by now. I guess that's not going to happen.

Having said that, I would rather hear something like Second Nature, Superconductor, The Weapon or The Enemy Within before anything from T4E.

I guess now it's pretty much a given they won't be representing T4E, Presto, Hold Your Fire and Power Windows?

I still think more Vapor Trails is the way to go.
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure LABT would love to hear Half the World.

Nah, I prepare for the concerts by limiting fluid intakes. No need for a bathroom break. Besides, there's no need to embarrass Geddy like that.

T4E, half the world, driven, resist (acoustic) wouldve been fine with me but im not really upset there not playing anything from it. I do wish HYF was represented somehow though..mission or prime mover wouldve been nice

Time and Motion would be cool. Other than that, nothing I really need to hear. I'll add that the original tour was fantastic! T4E...one of the weaker albums that produced one of their best tours.
  • Like 1

The title track would have been a great addition to the flow of the first set. Dropping OLV, adding any other song off of VT, and adding TFE would have been incredible. Dropping another off of CA and adding something from Presto (Show Don't Tell) also fantastic.

Truly, IMHO, the setlist is damn near perfect. The only thing I could say if it were up to me (in my own dream world :-) ) is three off of CA is too much when 4 other albums (TFE, Presto, PoW, and HF) are not being represented at all. I think limiting CA to two tunes, adding TFE, something where dancing rabbits could have made a stage appearance, and something, anything, off of HF and PoW would have perfected the R40 setlist into perhaps the greatest setlist ever in the history of the band.....that and they should keep NS in the second set permanently!

The title track would have been a great addition to the flow of the first set. Dropping OLV, adding any other song off of VT, and adding TFE would have been incredible. Dropping another off of CA and adding something from Presto (Show Don't Tell) also fantastic.

Truly, IMHO, the setlist is damn near perfect. The only thing I could say if it were up to me (in my own dream world :-) ) is three off of CA is too much when 4 other albums (TFE, Presto, PoW, and HF) are not being represented at all. I think limiting CA to two tunes, adding TFE, something where dancing rabbits could have made a stage appearance, and something, anything, off of HF and PoW would have perfected the R40 setlist into perhaps the greatest setlist ever in the history of the band.....that and they should keep NS in the second set permanently!

Earthshine into Time & Motion or the title T4E track would be cool.
  • Like 1

I think its one of their most melodic albums. I would've taken Time and Motion or Totem over Roll The Bones. Sorry Bubbles and Paul Rudd.
  • Like 1

I think its one of their most melodic albums. I would've taken Time and Motion or Totem over Roll The Bones. Sorry Bubbles and Paul Rudd.

I can't stand Roll the Bones, but from what I have seen from the Periscope feeds, it's a high point of the first set in terms of crowd response. That's worth a lot.

They should have rotated "Animate" with "Driven".

A good solution.

Yes. T4E should be there. I thought they'd play Half the World maybe.

Maybe when the lights came up...it would clear the place out faster than anything I can think of.

I dunno who said it first here in TRF, but after reading it, I can't dissociate Geddy's singing style on T4E's title track to Captain Kirk's phrasing.

Can't unsee. I'm ruined.
  • Like 1

I'd have been happy to hear Driven or T4E, but I'm not sure what I'd take out of this killer setlist(s) to make room for one. It's the loser in the numbers game.

Every tour, one of them says how their set list starts off over 5 hours and then they have to narrow it down. I'd always be curious to see what songs are on the board at the start, only to be cut later.

I wonder if the band still has that rule that each one gets one song that the other two cannot veto from the final set list. I remember that being talked about in the early 90s.