Official Fifth Night Setlist SPOILER Thread: Austin, TX - May 16th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I don't get the obsession people have with what others do at shows. Who gives a shit if people sit down and enjoy the music for christ's sake? Dancing around doesn't prove your Rush street cred any more than having a Big old Red Star tramp stamp.

Enjoy the show how you want and that's it. It's not a contest

• Like 2

Alex was on fire tonight.

Not sure what the complaints are about... I haven't been following this convo too closely.

Me either but he appears to be missing the first notes on a lot of solos.

I can't tell with the videos, but is it possible he's playing the notes and the guitar sound isn't kicking in yet...there were volume issues on his guitar last night.

Not sure what the complaints are about... I haven't been following this convo too closely.

I can't tell with the videos, but is it possible he's playing the notes and the guitar sound isn't kicking in yet...there were volume issues on his guitar last night.

technical fails are always a possibility.

I don't get the obsession people have with what others do at shows. Who gives a shit if people sit down and enjoy the music for christ's sake? Dancing around doesn't prove your Rush street cred any more than having a Big old Red Star tramp stamp.

When they sat down they couldn't see anything. Just listening. It didn't affect me enjoying the show but it's weird to buy 6th row tickets and sit down during half the show where you can't see anything. When I see that it just makes me think there is someone who would enjoy that seat more. They didn't seem like hardcore rush fans but just knew the hits.

• Like 1

When they sat down they couldn't see anything. Just listening. It didn't affect me enjoying the show but it's weird to buy 6th row tickets and sit down during half the show where you can't see anything. When I see that it just makes me think there is someone who would enjoy that seat more. They didn't seem like hardcore rush fans but just knew the hits.

Sitting row 6 seems weird. But when you're older, who knows.

Some of these songs are extremely difficult even for him and the arthritis definitely doesnt help..another thing a guy over on RIAB said he had some type of pass and saw the 2nd half of the show from on the side of the stage..he said that he was able to see something that indicates a different setlist in june that has la villa replacing camera eye and/or natty sci and has yyz/barchetta with a C and D next to them and also kid gloves alternating with BTW and DEW. Also one variation where GUP was dropped and losing it was added...I dont buy it just yet but the show ill be in attendance for is the first one in June so Im pumped

Interesting...speculation is fun...

How about Prelude cut into into by Far Cry? (I'd cry)

He's definitely playing the wrong notes on like 1/4 of his solos at the start. He can't find the notes.

He's definitely playing the wrong notes on like 1/4 of his solos at the start. He can't find the notes.

Sometimes scotch isn't always the answer :)

Also it was the first outdoor show of the tour...wonder if the tech guys struggled a bit with that or if its really any different at all im not to sure about that kind of stuff.

Wouldn't really make a difference unless the weather was bad. Edited by kentpilot

When's the last time the first eight were all represented in a setlist?

Looks like it was the Moving Pictures warm-up tour...

http://www.cygnus-x1...sh/setlists.php

ETA: unless you count the r30 medley, of course.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I want to reiterate I dont care about the mistakes, I understand the complexity. I play guitar, bass(main instrument) and drums (I'm terrible at drums). I just want Alex to have a great night. But he's made more mistakes than there has been tech issues. His guitar definitely had sound issues during closer to the heart. Which then made him mess up the notes. But at the beginning of some of his solos he is just starting the solo in the wrong key and it's obvious to some of us that play music. Sometimes its just 3 notes and those of us that play will notice. My girlfriend has watched periscope with me for nearly every show and she was at Tulsa with me. She doesn't play and she didnt notice the mistakes. So yeah the mistakes dont really matter as long as they keep the song together and they have fun Edited by kentpilot

We.saw the moody blues recently and for the most part, everyone sat the entire time. Occasionally someone got up on their walker and started to dance a bit, but still, the crowd was totally into it. I remember sitting in the lawn for some of the monsters of rock.shows and having a headbanging good time on my ass. I still go see shows in the lawn and now due to some injuries I can't stand on uneven surfaces. Half the crowd sits, half stands. Knock yourselves out :) I'm going to stay all comfy with my beer and painkillers. The one thing I really can't abide by is people standing on their seats. It just forces everyone to do the same and that's crap. But I have some serious body pain and I'll sit down for some shitty songs from bands if the entire crowd is standing, but I've never planted my ass at a rush show save once, when they played The Garden. But there, most of the main floor sat down for that, so it was a nice break.

Really, don't get me wrong. I'm a Chicago club rat who.spent his 20s following around ministry, Naked Raygun, then two upstart bands in Stabbing westward and Smashing pumpkins. I stood, got slammed into, slammed back and loved every second of it.

• Like 1

We.saw the moody blues recently and for the most part, everyone sat the entire time. Occasionally someone got up on their walker and started to dance a bit, but still, the crowd was totally into it. I remember sitting in the lawn for some of the monsters of rock.shows and having a headbanging good time on my ass. I still go see shows in the lawn and now due to some injuries I can't stand on uneven surfaces. Half the crowd sits, half stands. Knock yourselves out :) I'm going to stay all comfy with my beer and painkillers. The one thing I really can't abide by is people standing on their seats. It just forces everyone to do the same and that's crap. But I have some serious body pain and I'll sit down for some shitty songs from bands if the entire crowd is standing, but I've never planted my ass at a rush show save once, when they played The Garden. But there, most of the main floor sat down for that, so it was a nice break.

Really, don't get me wrong. I'm a Chicago club rat who.spent his 20s following around ministry, Naked Raygun, then two upstart bands in Stabbing westward and Smashing pumpkins. I stood, got slammed into, slammed back and loved every second of it.

The good old days!

Stabbing Westward, man that sounds like fun!

The tough part when everyone sits is that if you're standing, you stick out like a sore thumb. And all the sitters are snorting and hissing at you to get out of their view. I get bad hip pain when I stand for more than an hour, but I will then sit for a minute or two to recharge. Not sure sixth row is appropriate for sitting or having any expectation a stander will agree to sit. I think you got it right with the (rear?) lawn comments, that seems a more appropriate location for sitting. The band is in their 60s and are standing for our enjoyment (except Neil!) it's a weird energy for those close to not be standing up with them.

Dallas tomorrow night! 7:30 PM Central Time, 8:30 EST, 6:30 Mountain, 5:30 Pacific. 2:30 AM for most of our European friends! Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Setlist: Fri, May 8 @ BOK Center in Tulsa, OK

Setlist Version A (Clockwork Angels opener)

Set 1:

Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)

Set 2:

Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1

Drum Solo

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3

Closer To The Heart

Xanadu (double neck guitars) 2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale

Encore:

Video Intro (Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

• Like 1

Setlist: Sun, May 10 @ Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE

Setlist Version B

Set 1:

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Between the Wheels

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Xanadu (double neck guitars)

2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

• Like 1

Setlist: Tue, May 12 @ Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN

Setlist Version C

Set 1:

The Anarchist

Clockwork Angels

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Natural Science

Jacob's Ladder

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Setlist: Thu, May 14 @ Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO

Setlist Version A (The Anarchist opener)

Set 1:

The Anarchist

Clockwork Angels

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Animate

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Setlist: Sat, May 16 @ Austin360 Amphitheater in Austin, TX

Setlist Version B

Set 1:

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Between the Wheels

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Prologue

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Setlist: Sat, May 16 @ Austin360 Amphitheater in Austin, TX

Setlist Version B

Set 1:

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Between the Wheels

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Prologue

Drum Solo

Closer To The Heart

Encore:

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

The songs I put in bold were really awesome Saturday night. Particularly the stretch in the first set starting with Animate and finishing up with Subdivisions. They sounded great on those songs. I would have preferred another song besides How It Is. It sounded fine, I just thought it brought the energy level down some. I think I would have even preferred One Little Victory just to keep it rockin' because they were on a roll with Headlong Flight, Far Cry and TMMB.

In the second set, the stretch from TSOR to the Drum Solo was great. Closer to the Heart sounded terrible. I'm not sure what happened on that song. The guys weren't in sync at all. I thought Xanadu sounded great though. What You're Doing and Working Man both kicked major ass. They definitely ended on a high note. The entire encore was good. Geddy's voice sounded pretty good most of the night. He obviously struggles some in the second set (he's not 24 anymore). But, he absolutely killed it the first set and surprised me a great deal (in a good way) on songs like Xanadu and What You're Doing.