Something crazy I noticed about the setlist

Carrystress

So I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but the setlist goes back in time. It starts with Clockwork Angels and goes backwards, down to the end, which is the stuff off of the first album. Kinda crazy.

Come on guys...give him a break!

Yeah...you could just feel the pile-on coming... Throwing meat to the lions with this thread.

<popcorn eating emoticon (since I don't have one)>

To post this....... :popcorn: .......... you can type in the word "popcorn" between two colons ( : ). No spaces in between.

Edited by Principled Man

It is a great concept but makes for a boring set 1 if you're not into later Rush.

but i still like the concept.

Mick

Just imagine if they started out with their first album and went forward in time. The 2nd set might see a few more empty seats..... :o :o

• Like 1

It is a great concept but makes for a boring set 1 if you're not into later Rush.

Mick

Just imagine if they started out with their first album and went forward in time. The 2nd set might see a few more empty seats..... :o :o

lol that's why it is a smart set. Set 2......no....joke i think is the best set they've done.

Mick

I think the production also adds to the effect I think that's really important. Changing the stage to represent what they looked like in all the eras makes it cooler. If they just did a backwards order run through of their albums it could get tired. I remember Neil saying that for one of the greatest hits disc that got released a while back (which may or may not have had proper input from the band), he didn't like the fact that it was just the hits played out in chronological order. He would have preferred mixing the songs up. So in that sense it did surprise me they went this route… but makes sense with the overall production of the show.
  • Like 3

Mick

lol that's why it is a smart set. Set 2......no....joke i think is the best set they've done.

Mick

It would certainly weed out the casual fans and bad fans from the TrueRushFansTM ........ ;) ;)

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Wait a minute?!? Rush is on tour?!?!?

Never knew. Appreciate the sarcasm.

It is the internet so what else do we do. I was up you way in 2013. Stopped in town to take my daughter to the cabbage patch doll place. Beautiful country up there but I've spent more time towards Clarksville, toccoa area.

I'm guessing we'll get the B.1.? setlist (How It Is, Between the Wheels,The Camera Eye), with Big Money and Losing It being saved for the TO and LA shows. Just my guess...which I haven't gotten correct yet. I'm sure Rush has enjoyed staying one step ahead of the 'set prediction fans'. Edited by WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER