(Spoiler) If Rush Had Consulted You...

Lorraine

What song would you have had them do as the very last song?

I would have gone with The Garden. It sums up their forty years quite well, and there wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Personally, Working Man

Finish how you started.

I, too, would have chosen the Garden.

For their last tour, in 2022.

That's seven years from now. Neil will be 70, and Geddy and Alex 69.

70 is the new 40.

69 is, well, a hell of a lot of fun.

• Like 2

This IS the last tour.

LOL, Peart playing his songs at 70?

Nope.

The very last song played live ever?

Last tour, last show?

As much as I'd like them to play a diehard fan fave....they'd probably be wise to go out with their most famous song.

The Garden more than anything to me is beautiful not for the lyrics as much as the music. It's that Alex again with his guitar. Especially the ending of the song when he is playing those same chords over and over.
  • Like 1

I like what they're doing, with Working Man wrapping things up.

But if they were to do a special encore for the final show, The Garden would indeed be fitting.

But I wouldn't want it to come to an end with everyone sitting there with tears in their eyes. It should end with everyone rocking out. So the band would bust into Limelight after that.

And that would be it.

• Like 2

I like what they're doing, with Working Man wrapping things up.

But if they were to do a special encore for the final show, The Garden would indeed be fitting.

But I wouldn't want it to come to an end with everyone sitting there with tears in their eyes. It should end with everyone rocking out. So the band would bust into Limelight after that.

And that would be it.

Limelight would make me cry too. :LOL: Lots of memories from back in the day with that song. :)

• Like 3

It would be a good thing if they ended with The Garden that way I could leave early and beat the traffic. It's a good song but as a closer, what a freaking downer. Go out rocking just like when they first started. Working Man is the perfect closer for their final tour.
  • Like 1

Given the format, I think Working Man is perfect! That's the first tune that got them any recognition, so good move!

Personally...I would have just replicated the whole All the World's a Stage album...and finished it with What You're Doing...but that's just me....

• Like 1

Final night in L.A. they play Working Man, video plays, arena stays dark. 5-10 minutes later they come out and play The Garden.

So, they would play The Garden to a mostly empty arena then? Even if the arena stays dark, most fans aren't gonna stand around for that long waiting for them to get back on stage.

• Like 1

Final night in L.A. they play Working Man, video plays, arena stays dark. 5-10 minutes later they come out and play The Garden.

So, they would play The Garden to a mostly empty arena then? Even if the arena stays dark, most fans aren't gonna stand around for that long waiting for them to get back on stage.

Especially in LA...

• Like 1

Then they are not TrueRushFans! ;) ;) ;) :LOL: :cool:

• Like 1