Broken Rush vinyls from Amazon

YYZumbi

I have ordered all the new Rush vinyls from Amazon. And when I have got the vinyls, lots of them have been broken! Now I don´t mean the vinyl discs, I mean the covers.

Fly By Night

All The World´s A Stage

A Farewell To Kings

I even returned Fly By Night and All The World´s A Stage. All The World´s A Stage, I got money back for. But when I got the new Fly By Night, it was broken as well!

Today I got two A Farewell To Kings... and BOTH of them was broken!!!

Have this happened to you guys as well or am I just unlucky?

I feel for you...never happened to me but I get your anger.

Can you not buy them or order them through a shop?

I feel for you...never happened to me but I get your anger.

Can you not buy them or order them through a shop?

No... Since I live in stupid europe. And here I can only get 180 gram versions...

Zumbi, write them an email and tell them. They will refund your money and/or send you new ones, and this time they won't mess up.

I know that when it costs Amazon money, they make sure it doesn't happen again what happened the first time.

Zumbi, write them an email and tell them. They will refund your money and/or send you new ones, and this time they won't mess up.

I know that when it costs Amazon money, they make sure it doesn't happen again what happened the first time.

They did send me a new one (Fly By Night) but then it was broken as well...

Email Ray Danniels at

CanadianGreedyOlBastard@Melovesmoney.com

• Like 3

Write and tell them again. Eventually they will make sure you get what you paid for in good condition.

I'm gonna guess that damage on the covers is split seams/sleeves in the gatefold. It's happened to me before, I've glued the torn areas together and you can barely see where the splits are. But if all your records came with split sleeves they really need to do a better job with packaging the parcels then. That kind of stuff is irritating, yes.

Forgive me if you already know any of this or if this is repetitive but I help my daughter do this sometimes. I order a lot from Amazon and they do try to make things right if you keep on them.

1. Go to the Your Account page.

2. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Look at the lower right hand side, there is the word, Help. click on that.

3. Look all the way at the bottom of the new page. At the bottom left column, it should say, "Need more help?" Click/highlight on that.

4. Across from that on the same page, there are some choices. Click on the middle one, "Contact us."

5. When that new page comes up, Click on "order I placed." I think you can only select one order, so pick one of the problem orders.

6. Select the problem with the order and then pick "chat". (or phone works well, but I don't know if they will call Sweden :) A representative will chat with you in a very short time. Tell them about ALL the defective orders, have the order numbers ready. Think about what you want to ask for. Do you want to exchange them, your shipping charges back, money back, replacement items sent with free shipping?? Be cheerful and polite but persistent that this is not acceptable. And that also they need to know in case there are flaws with the whole batch.

7. They might have to get back to you within like 24 hours or something but they are good about that, you usually hear within about 12 hours.

8. If chat doesn't work in Europe, then email them with order #'s and as many details as possible, and again , with what you want to fix the situation.

Good luck, it sounds depressing to be excited about the new releases and then have them be defective! :(

Edited by blueschica

This kind of stuff would never happen to me but not because I know something you don't... :|

Forgive me if you already know any of this or if this is repetitive but I help my daughter do this sometimes. I order a lot from Amazon and they do try to make things right if you keep on them.

2. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Look at the lower right hand side, there is the word, Help. click on that.

3. Look all the way at the bottom of the new page. At the bottom left column, it should say, "Need more help?" Click/highlight on that.

4. Across from that on the same page, there are some choices. Click on the middle one, "Contact us."

5. When that new page comes up, Click on "order I placed." I think you can only select one order, so pick one of the problem orders.

6. Select the problem with the order and then pick "chat". (or phone works well, but I don't know if they will call Sweden :) A representative will chat with you in a very short time. Tell them about ALL the defective orders, have the order numbers ready. Think about what you want to ask for. Do you want to exchange them, your shipping charges back, money back, replacement items sent with free shipping?? Be cheerful and polite but persistent that this is not acceptable. And that also they need to know in case there are flaws with the whole batch.

7. They might have to get back to you within like 24 hours or something but they are good about that, you usually hear within about 12 hours.

8. If chat doesn't work in Europe, then email them with order #'s and as many details as possible, and again , with what you want to fix the situation.

Good luck, it sounds depressing to be excited about the new releases and then have them be defective! :(

D'oh!! Hitting head like Homer Simpson, I guess if you can only get 180 gm vinyl it is from some European Amazon and maybe none of this applies?? But maybe it will help someone else who wants to talk to Amazon sometime??!! :oops: Anyway, good luck!

Thank you very much for this! I talked to them (took almost a hour...) and they are sending me two new A Farewell To Kings vinyls whitout any cost.... AND I can keep the old ones! :o

• Like 2

Thank you very much for this! I talked to them (took almost a hour...) and they are sending me two new A Farewell To Kings vinyls whitout any cost.... AND I can keep the old ones! :o

I'm so glad this worked out for you- and I love that it is AFTK- that is one of my favorites! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

I'm so glad this worked out for you- and I love that it is AFTK- that is one of my favorites! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, I just hope that the new ones are not broken as well. And it is my fourth favorite Rush album!

Hemispheres

Caress Of Steel

A Farewell To Kings

• Like 1

I ordered from an Amazon seller that was not directly from Amazon--one of the "other sellers" they link to right on the album page. Cheaper price. I got the 2112 hologram Ed. No problems. I think it shipped free too.

Have anyone actually weighed any of the US vinyls to see if it actually is 200 grams?

No... but maybe I should do that! :o I let you know tomorrow, ok?

Mine have all come from Europe and are fine. Wondering whether to order Hemispheres to see if the poster I got with the original is reissued. Still have the original.

Have anyone actually weighed any of the US vinyls to see if it actually is 200 grams?

It is not 200 grams... it is only 197 grams! :o

the new remaster vinyl's all have problems, they sound great. but they have issues with being warped and having pops and clicks during quiet sections of the vinyl..

I've got all the reissues so far and have none of those problems. One had a tear in the sleeve, which I exchanged, no problem. Otherwise no warps, surface noise, pops, clicks, etc.